Is that a gun in your Pocket? PISTOLS

It seems to me that it is difficult to apply the correlating advance in armor and weapons in our world to that of Wraeclast. Wraeclast has far more advanced weapons that have existed since the previous civilization was around.

Again, why would you slowly develop from basic single shot projectile weapons when you have had far more advanced options available to you for ages?

Think of how the simple tea cup held back the development of the Chinese technologically...Similar to that sort of situation.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
I would like to see some kind of "gun" and ofcourse the traditional weapons ( idk why they are not implemented from the beginning) for example spears (most easy to create weapon of all time) and a simple crossbow, easier to produce than the masterpiece longbows who are already in the game! if you know that its simply dumb why this weapons are not in the game and why so many people say that wouldnt fit into wraecalst! As we can see at the dominus plateau with all the steamworks and electricity/chemical or magical enhanced miscreations and the skills for example fire traps and lightningtraps or mines who explode there is really no point left that someone cant say "guns" or "magical projectile shooting weapons" (not wands) cant fit into wraeclast. If you look carefully at all the fine crafted chests and swords its easy to say that the technology is improved enough to create simply explosives or crossbows.

The only reason why this is not implemented yet, its much work/balancing/improving skilltree and creating new skills take so much time! Also all the base items need models and you have to create uniques, new mechanics and a reason for players to use these new types of weapons.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Feb 27, 2014, 12:06:01 PM
Crossbows and Pistols make no sense unless they are given a reloading mechanic.

Unless they fire energy, in which case we already have wands for the job...

However, it's more complicated than that.

2-handed Crossbows make sense because you can hold them with 1 hand and reload with the other, etc.

Dual-Wielding 1-handed Pistols doesn't make it very practical to reload, at least not in a non-advanced way.

1-handed Pistols are a bad idea.

Cannons and Crossbows make some sense.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Feb 27, 2014, 1:32:58 PM
ingame: @Firepopyre
I'd say add Slings and Crossbows as weapons and add "throwing weapons" as a new form of skill that is an attack, but no weapon scaling(has base damage like a skill) and stocked charges that regenerate over time like traps(ammunition).

Crossbows could be a crit focused counterpart to bows that uses quivers and can use bow exclusive attacks(slower attack speed then bows). Slings could be a short range range attack(maybe half the range of wands) that applies 50% of strength melee damage bonus to it's projectiles(potentially stacking with Iron Grip.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
If you wanted guns, of any type, I would think that they would fit in best with the ruins. No, seriously. Think: a lost technology, found in an ancient structure where the Vaal once built mechanical constructs (what did you think those metal snakes were?). Technology could possibly explain the virtue gems, if someone was creative enough to find a way to do it that way. I remember reading somewhere: Science, advanced enough, is indistinguishable from magic.
"
Sharpflame wrote:
If you wanted guns, of any type, I would think that they would fit in best with the ruins. No, seriously. Think: a lost technology, found in an ancient structure where the Vaal once built mechanical constructs (what did you think those metal snakes were?). Technology could possibly explain the virtue gems, if someone was creative enough to find a way to do it that way. I remember reading somewhere: Science, advanced enough, is indistinguishable from magic.

The implication has been that Vaal "technology" was all thaumaturgy based and powered. And wand covers the whole "magic based ranged weapon" pretty well I think. Well there could be an argument for a 2H alternative to wands that resembles some form of magic-gun.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Feb 28, 2014, 12:39:17 AM
"
Hruthgard wrote:
I would like to see some kind of "gun" and ofcourse the traditional weapons ( idk why they are not implemented from the beginning) for example spears (most easy to create weapon of all time) and a simple crossbow, easier to produce than the masterpiece longbows who are already in the game! if you know that its simply dumb why this weapons are not in the game and why so many people say that wouldnt fit into wraecalst! As we can see at the dominus plateau with all the steamworks and electricity/chemical or magical enhanced miscreations and the skills for example fire traps and lightningtraps or mines who explode there is really no point left that someone cant say "guns" or "magical projectile shooting weapons" (not wands) cant fit into wraeclast. If you look carefully at all the fine crafted chests and swords its easy to say that the technology is improved enough to create simply explosives or crossbows.

The only reason why this is not implemented yet, its much work/balancing/improving skilltree and creating new skills take so much time! Also all the base items need models and you have to create uniques, new mechanics and a reason for players to use these new types of weapons.

I'm sorry, sir, that would be the Driftwood Club.
Let's get pants first then we can worry about pistols
"
I'm sorry, sir, that would be the Driftwood Club.

if you go that way, its a stone.
=Licht ist Leben=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info