Is that a gun in your Pocket? PISTOLS

Hi

2H crossbows, throwing spears(maybe even throwing axes), spears and polearms 1+

If you want guns go play Grim Dawn, they just released act 2 now, and is full of the pseudo steam punk science theme or even TL2 but POE is different don't try to make it something its not)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
-1 no no guns... crossbows yes even slingshot,but no guns they will not fit the game at all
There is a reason that spears and javelins are not in the game... They would require a lot of new motion captured animations.

Animations for guns and crossbows would be much more simple to do because you dont move much when you use them.

As for the pseudo steam punk... That sort of thing already exists in POE as demonstrated in the Scepter of God and Vaal Mechanical Constructs. There is even an electrical chair where Piety tortures clarissa's friend. POE is not high fantasy... There are no elves and dwarves milling about... It's a dark gritty place and most of the heroes you play are pretty dark as well, the witch burned her enemies houses, the shadow murdered people for money, the scion killed her fiancé on his wedding night...

Overall, setting, character, and ambiance... PoE is closer to the likes of Victorian England, Thief, and Dishonored rather than Middle Earth and Narnia.

Besides, gun powder is quite an ancient invention. In fact the lack of guns so far is somewhat a weak point in Path of Exile because the world of wraeclast feels like a place were flintlock guns should exist.
Dont push that american pro gun shiz on me.
Light saber please. And a jedi class so that it looks exactly like those from Star Wars.
"
mouhanad wrote:
There is a reason that spears and javelins are not in the game... They would require a lot of new motion captured animations.

Animations for guns and crossbows would be much more simple to do because you dont move much when you use them.

As for the pseudo steam punk... That sort of thing already exists in POE as demonstrated in the Scepter of God and Vaal Mechanical Constructs. There is even an electrical chair where Piety tortures clarissa's friend. POE is not high fantasy... There are no elves and dwarves milling about... It's a dark gritty place and most of the heroes you play are pretty dark as well, the witch burned her enemies houses, the shadow murdered people for money, the scion killed her fiancé on his wedding night...

Overall, setting, character, and ambiance... PoE is closer to the likes of Victorian England, Thief, and Dishonored rather than Middle Earth and Narnia.

Besides, gun powder is quite an ancient invention. In fact the lack of guns so far is somewhat a weak point in Path of Exile because the world of wraeclast feels like a place were flintlock guns should exist.
While I actually kind of agree with your idea of the setting, I also believe rather strongly in the trope of "you are a shipwrecked hobo," especially in the start of the game. As such, pistols have absolutely no place in Act 1 Normal. I'm sorry, but although you can beat someone over the head with a Driftwood Club, you aren't doing a goddamn thing with a Waterlogged Pistol. Since they have no place in Act 1 Normal, it's really hard to find any good place to introduce them, hence my objection to them.

If pistols were in the game, they'd have to be some form of "prestige weapon" — as in you can't even find one until, I don't know, Act 3 Normal, when you're rummaging through the ashes of Sarn. (Sarn actually does sound like a place where guns would be in decent supply, regardless of whether or not the Exile can use them or not.) And it's very awkward to design a weapon specialization where passives are inaccessible for all classes until around level 30, so at best the addition of pistols seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I feel crossbows don't really suffer from this effect, and thus probably should be added to the game. I wouldn't be against one-handed crossbows being added in such a manner. Actually, if there was a route to adding pistols to the game, I'd say the best route would be through combining crossbows and firearms — that is, passives which boost them always mention both "Crossbows and Firearms." Then crossbows and pistols would be essentially the same weapon class — trigger-finger projectile weapons — while the few "crossbows" which are pistols wouldn't be available until the appropriate acts. In this instance, a patchwork hand crossbow would essentially be that Waterlogged Pistol from earlier.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2014, 2:19:31 AM
"
bilun wrote:
"
Sharpflame wrote:
If you wanted guns, of any type, I would think that they would fit in best with the ruins. No, seriously. Think: a lost technology, found in an ancient structure where the Vaal once built mechanical constructs (what did you think those metal snakes were?). Technology could possibly explain the virtue gems, if someone was creative enough to find a way to do it that way. I remember reading somewhere: Science, advanced enough, is indistinguishable from magic.

The implication has been that Vaal "technology" was all thaumaturgy based and powered. And wand covers the whole "magic based ranged weapon" pretty well I think. Well there could be an argument for a 2H alternative to wands that resembles some form of magic-gun.

To be honest, I think it would be interesting to see some other ruins other than Vaal ones. It's obvious that Wraeclast isn't on Earth, so just why are there humans? (Spaceship crash-site maybe?)
:)
91 Lvl Bloodseeker Shadow ~
No thanks. I feel this goes against the whole shipwrecked idea to be honest. Also who says they even have gunpowder in the lore?

A big no from me.
When can my shadow be a sharpshooter? Guns make sense in wraeclast...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info