Is that a gun in your Pocket? PISTOLS

"
neoatomium wrote:
I have read many arguments of both sides.

Personally, once you build your own universe with your own rules, I think you don't need arguments to explain the presence or absence of some objects.
If it is done correctly, I don't see why you cannot implements new weapons, armours, technologies,...

The only thing I'd ask to a developer if he does it, it is to be coherent with the whole universe.
I would reject a Magnum in PoE but probably not a steampunk gun or a hybrid techno-magical gun

How would a steampunk gun fit into POE when POE doesnt have steampunk features at all? The only tech you get is Piety and Dominus electro generator torture devices.
No pistols, please. This is not counter strike.

Some kind of explosives could fit. Something like mines. Which explodes like the mod "explode" on some lockboxes. But not pistols.

"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
"
neoatomium wrote:
I have read many arguments of both sides.

Personally, once you build your own universe with your own rules, I think you don't need arguments to explain the presence or absence of some objects.
If it is done correctly, I don't see why you cannot implements new weapons, armours, technologies,...

The only thing I'd ask to a developer if he does it, it is to be coherent with the whole universe.
I would reject a Magnum in PoE but probably not a steampunk gun or a hybrid techno-magical gun

How would a steampunk gun fit into POE when POE doesnt have steampunk features at all? The only tech you get is Piety and Dominus electro generator torture devices.

a blunderbuss would fit, after all is just putting some explosive in a big barrel and rocks, debris or what ever you could find in the other end :b

if you want a pseudo magical gun is olso posible, one could say that the char cast a an explosive spell like fireball on the barrel to propel the debris,rocks, etc.. in it.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mouhanad wrote:
Obviously as it has been proven in this thread, the world in which wraeclast exists has the technological advancement necessary for flintlock pistols as evidenced by the generators, electrical barriers, elevators, and other steam punkish machinery in the scepter of God.
It, uh... really hasn't. There have been some interesting arguments, but certainly no proof.

"
mouhanad wrote:
The question is not whether they fit or exist in wraeclast becuase they certainly do.
You appear to be claiming that pistols definitely do exist in Wraeclast. You may need a citation on that one.

How about the infernal talc?, aka Thermite (you know the ribbon spool being a ribbon of magnesium and the thaumetic sulfite being a 2:1 mixture iron oxide and aluminum) *cough cough*
even the name and tone of the flavor text suggest that this is what it is.

btw I'd love to see your response on this one Mark :)

that being said, please no guns for this game :)
Fuck the lab
I don't support the idea of guns.
I admit I haven't read the entire topic and someone may have already said the same thing.

My point is - even if guns are present in Oriath, I don't think that Exiles who can only rely on what they find or salvage, would be able to create tools to produce guns.
Wraeclast is a land of an ancient (?) culture, which mostly relied on magic (? Thaumaturgy), so I don't think Vaal had the technology to produce guns either.

And then they'd have to produce gunpowder, bullets, there's no time for this when you have to defend yourself -now-, so when you need a ranged weapon quickly, a weapon that doesn't require much maintenance (you can't keep gunpowder in a wet cave), you obviously choose a bow, or a wand. And it doesn't require much knowledge to craft one of these.

If guns are ever introduced, they'd have to be rare, as if to indicate that the character actually found it somewhere (Oriathan outposts).
I believe pistols would be nice but would have to add Rifles for the big brother of item group....this would be amazing skins and possible new skills for the group! Ice shot could look like barrage of mini ice balls.
So now we have steam-powered MTX for armor, but no modern MTX for weapons. Something isn't right here. I can imagine badass-looking combination of power armor + hammer, axe or maybe even sword. But power armor + bow/wand? It is ridiculous.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
+1

I like explosions and stuff that goes BOOM! Add some 1-handed pistols and 2-handed blunderpuss type of guns. 1-handed are fast with lower damage etc, all familiar stuff. Im not into bow builds, but this would get me really excited. Split Arrow might be needed to change to Split Bolt or something. I would make dualwield 1h pistols build with chain, bullets everywhere :)

Grenade would be nice addition too. Fire trap isn`t the same. Saw this done in Grim Dawn and will try it out this weekend, boom boom boom boom! :D

PS! I dont care if it doesn`t fit into lore too well. I just want a fun game.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Last edited by Erak on Jan 29, 2015, 4:22:13 PM
"
mouhanad wrote:
Pistols in Wraeclast... When are we gonna see them?

Hopefully, never. Adding my -1 to the pile.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
mouhanad wrote:
Pistols in Wraeclast... When are we gonna see them?

Hopefully, never. Adding my -1 to the pile.

Pistols in Wraeclast = Pistols in Middle Earth

NO.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info