ur my hero O_O
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
Why can't I stop bumping this?
Someone help me.
So i've done some more trading today..

Guy offering clarity among other gems.

Me: Hey, i'd like to buy clarity, what's the minimum you want for it?
Him: Lol i dunno, offer something
Me: I can give you an orb of alchemy
Him: Lol, that's way too low

This happened another 2-3 times before i gave up asking for a minimum... Kind of annoying, if they'd said from the start ''3 alch or more'' i wouldnt've bothered if i knew he wouldn't go for an alch..

On another note, i did manage to buy two clarities today for an alch each \o/ There's hope yet...
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
Ah!

But if you knew you wouldn't go for anything over an alch, why didn't you offer that in the first place?

The never-ending circle of barter misery continues.

It's the "lol" bits that bother me the most, though.
I can make exceptions, if i feel someone can be haggled with, i can bid more than i really wanted, but if someone would say ''2 alch minimum'' i'd just give up, i can throw in some lower-value orbs in as long as i feel i still make a dirty profit...
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
2 things

1. I never barter in arpg, i just giving items to random people in party, if i dont really want that item (magic, rare or higher, dont care) and sometimes i get something for it.

2. This is my first post on this forum and a not so secret bump to great thread. :-)
Added a visual tutorial on how to barter in case you don't wanna read.
Best non sticky read in a long time.

What irritate me the most I think is
"wts
"

No, you don't want to sell alch, you want to convert it into another currency, name that currency.

If you actually meant that you wanted to buy something for that/those alch, you better have a vague idea of what you want and say it, nobody is going to be "OH this guys is selling an alchemy, I'll propose him something good from my stash, because I have no clue what he's looking for"

/rant off
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707 -- Game Mechanics thread, answers to most of your questions.
Effort applauded OP!

But humans will be humans.

If everything you said isn't already within someone's common sense, they aren't going to read the full post and aren't going to change their chat behaviors.

Better to just find the people that act like you describe and offer them a free slot on your ignore list.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Oh, the woes of humanity.

Still, I feel judging and ridiculing rude behavior and lazy trading is a good start.

This is what I like to call a bump-n-go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info