[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

Hi.

I would like to say thanks for the guide first of all. I especially like the new build.

However, since I've changed my build from your old to the new one I have run into mana issues. I am currently running:

Life leech - Added Lightning Damage - Incinerate - Added Chaos Damage - LMP. I don't have a 6 link just yet, so I would have to do with only 5.

((On the old build I would run: Mana leech - Incinerate - Added Chaos Damage - LMP - Iron Will.))

I run that with Grace (34% mana reserved) - Clarity (250 mana reserved) - Discipline (34% mana reserved) - reduced mana. All of them are level 20 with no quality except the reduced mana with 9% quality. This leaves me with 99 mana and 130.3 mana regen per second in total. Do you have any tip as to how to support the gem combo?

Here's my skill tree (I have taken the left strength nodes as I need them for my lvl 19 molten shell):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MRUBGWFSAVUBXXGYYZihoyGo8c3B0UJIsnqSftKMUo-imlKk0svyzpLYMvbzvhPI49D0NjRnFHBkw1TipRYFYtVmNXK1fJWPVZ81uvX2pmnm0Zb55wfXC7cU1zU3y7f8aDCYaui3qPRo_6kyeXBprPm7WdxKKjpwinK6mVrEesf6yqtAy0xbcxuJO71sAawFTBxcHzwuzDOsNtxKLE9spK14bZE9vn3Q3i9-aB6rrrLOvu7Bjzvvba-tL7CQ==

My equips:

Spoiler

The problem is that incinerate will drain up my mana too quick and then I will cast it slowly. It's enough to keep up the 3rd stage, but it's like my character just stutters..

Maybe I have wrong skill progression / bad items?

(Side note: I have faster casting but I just don't know what the optimal 5link build would be)
Last edited by marouan on Apr 11, 2014, 3:01:32 PM
"
clickeke wrote:
Hi,again.
What kind gem link on +2 fire wand?
Could you tell me what aura and gem link on the gear?
+Es amulet is + all attribute 9x amulet?
Thanks.

Purity of Fire + Lv3 Empower + Reduced Mana on wand. Vitality, Grace, Discipline and Purity of Fire for auras. Righteous Fire with Inc Aoe and Inc Burn Dmg. Everything else the same as normal build.

Was using Astramentis only cuz i had nothing better, a Onyx with + Dex/Str and +ES + ES% would be better.

"
marouan wrote:

Respec out of the +10 Str Nodes and take the +30 near Iron Reflexes. I'd also recommend to get a lower level Molten Shell, or Vaal Molten Shell. I currently keep Molten Shell, Enduring Cry and Immortal Call at Lv10, higher levels would require more Strength on gear.

With the newly gained points take Inner Force and the Sovereignty cluster, the buff/aura effect will boost your mana regen immensely.

On gear, i'd recommend some mana/mana regen on wand and ring. Mana Regen is based on your max mana, so your flat mana will increase the total regen.

All in all, these changes should get you past 200 mana/s which will be enough to sustain 5L Incinerate.
twitch.tv/enki91
Regarding the new build:

If i see it right, their is absolute no point anymore in using any ES/Armour equipment (chest, gloves, helmet) - we have to change chest, gloves and helmet to ES/Evasion cause in the current new passive tree build their are a lot more overall +%evasion nodes than +%armour nodes (overall 60% increased armours VS. 134 % increased evasion)

To bad that i already bought all the ES/Armour stuff.
Last edited by chrizs on Apr 13, 2014, 4:51:14 PM
"
chrizs wrote:
Regarding the new build:

If i see it right, their is absolute no point anymore in using any ES/Armour equipment (chest, gloves, helmet) - we have to change chest, gloves and helmet to ES/Evasion cause in the current new passive tree build their are a lot more overall +%evasion nodes than +%armour nodes (overall 60% increased armours VS. 134 % increased evasion)

To bad that i already bought all the ES/Armour stuff.

Ar/ES is still fine. Ev/ES gear would of course be the best choice, but you can also run Ar/ES gear or even pure ES gear, whatever gives you the best overall defense for your budget. If you got good Ar/ES stuff already it would be pointless switching it out.

The main defense comes from Grace + Ev nodes + Aura/Buff effect, this alone will get you 10k+ Armour.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Apr 13, 2014, 5:58:46 PM
I just wanted to weigh in here and say thanks for the nice build :D

I've been using it all season now and it works really nice.
I'm still trying to get my chest to 6L :> I'm still running the ZO version so I got a few questions (tried to search but couldn't find a satisfying answer...)

1. The incinerate links, I've seen you've switched Iron Will for Added Lightning. Is this viable with ZO or will I get toasted by my own reflect? :>

2. The curse, I see that Proj. Weakness will give more damage overall but I don't really like the knockback on it as it pushes the mobs to the edge of my range resulting in less LMP overlap. Any thoughts?

3. I've failed to see a pro/con for the new LL build might want to add that to the OP? :)

keep roasting :D
"
I just wanted to weigh in here and say thanks for the nice build :D

I've been using it all season now and it works really nice.
I'm still trying to get my chest to 6L :> I'm still running the ZO version so I got a few questions (tried to search but couldn't find a satisfying answer...)

1. The incinerate links, I've seen you've switched Iron Will for Added Lightning. Is this viable with ZO or will I get toasted by my own reflect? :>

2. The curse, I see that Proj. Weakness will give more damage overall but I don't really like the knockback on it as it pushes the mobs to the edge of my range resulting in less LMP overlap. Any thoughts?

3. I've failed to see a pro/con for the new LL build might want to add that to the OP? :)

keep roasting :D

Thanks, glad to see the build works well for you! :)

Now to your questions:

1. Added Lightning is fully viable with ZO. You can't really one-shot yourself unless you shoot into a really huge pack, like the adds in a -Max Res Dual Boss Jungle Valley or a Packsize Fracturing map with many small critters. In those cases be a bit cautious with spamming, and maybe take out some DPS if needed. In all other cases you will never deal enough damage to one-shot yourself.

2. Proj Weakness was kinda experimental. In some cases i liked the Knockback, like with Dominus adds that charge at you and explode, and in other cases i disliked it. All in all you can still run Ele Weakness if you want, i will add that into the guide again.

3. Haven't really thought about a Pro/Con. Pros are definitely more overall ES, more flexibility with gear and that Aegis isn't required anymore as opposed to the ZO version, where you needed Aegis to do Half/No-Regen maps. Cons would be being dependant on Leech, which means bit lesser DPS and not being able to regenerate ES constantly. Dunno if i should add it to the OP, it may confuse some new readers who don't know the old build.
twitch.tv/enki91
Please repost your passive skile tree here, thx
"
broliukai wrote:
Please repost your passive skile tree here, thx

Which tree exactly? Got both, the new and old one in the first post.
twitch.tv/enki91
New is better? Ty.
"
broliukai wrote:
New is better? Ty.

If you want to start this build, yes.

The old passive tree is only linked on request of players who followed this build for a while, and where too far in to respec into the new passive tree.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info