[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

Hello, I totally do not speak English, use google translation software, refer to your article. Currently lv 79, I wanted to wash redesign. But after reading the above article, feel confused. Trouble you can design, posted 97 points, 105 points, skills? Thank you very much. I may be in trouble you, thank you
Hello, I totally do not speak English, use google translation software, refer to your article. Currently lv 79 witch , I wanted to wash redesign. But after reading the above article, feel confused. Trouble you can design, posted 97 points, 105 points, skills? Thank you very much. I may be in trouble you, thank you
"
w0933589948 wrote:
Hello, I totally do not speak English, use google translation software, refer to your article. Currently lv 79 witch , I wanted to wash redesign. But after reading the above article, feel confused. Trouble you can design, posted 97 points, 105 points, skills? Thank you very much. I may be in trouble you, thank you

Hey, are you speaking about a 100 point tree? If so, please check the last link in "Passive Tree Progression" in the Leveling Section, it is where you should be at around 100 points.
twitch.tv/enki91
Nice build and I fallow old version but still it is ok :)

Only thing I want to add is it would be nice to see if you menage to kill atziri and post some video bout it just to see match up gainst her if it is posible?!
terrific build. started my one and only ambush toon with it (the life leech version not ZO), and it's working very well (and only 4L!). would have worked even better if i had followed your leveling guide ;-)

couple of things:

mana management is really a problem. it's working but i'm having to get a _lot_ of mana regen to make it work. right now i'm using added chaos instead of faster casting because i figure i won't be able to keep up. it occurs to me though that added chaos has a very high multiplier, so that might not be true. i'll have to test.

what was your mana and mana regen ?

i have 950 mana, 157% regen on gear and 100% in the tree ! That's 257% and i _barely_ keep up.

what level clarity should be necessary (i'm using a level 13/300 reserved) ?

i also think the build needs a "boss killer" attack. i was experimenting with flameblast + conc effect, but amazingly it's not that good.

shouldn't removing LMP and just using incinerate be ok ? maybe replace LMP with faster projectiles ?

thanks again- really having fun with this build.

BTW, if you can't afford dream fragments,

work very nicely :-) they even have mana regen!
"
vladimir1984 wrote:
Nice build and I fallow old version but still it is ok :)

Only thing I want to add is it would be nice to see if you menage to kill atziri and post some video bout it just to see match up gainst her if it is posible?!

Hey there, i've killed Atziri 3x with this build. It's managable if you are prepared for the fight, but expect a long fight due to Incinerate's mechanics.

I've tried to record killing her but it dropped my fps too much that it got me killed. I've respecced my Witch recently to a new build i'm working out, so i can't try recording another fight, but i can tell you how to prepare and what to do in the Apex to succeed.

1. Dual Vaal: Those are fairly easy. A "Grounding" Flask can help to remove shock stacks, but it's not necessary. The surviving Vaal gets frenzied after one is killed, if you don't want to risk too much get both to low health simultaniously so you won't have to deal with the frenzied one for too long.

2. Three Demons: Be prepared for lots of warping to evade standing on the degenerative ground. Get 4-5 Granite Flasks of Staunching for this fight.

Kill the demons one by one, don't bother to damage them simultaniously as they full heal when one is killed. Kill the Tittybitch first, preferably in one of the four corners. Her corpse will trigger a huge degen ground, which keeps spawning little tittybitches. Those will help you regenerate ES with Aegis and can also be used to refill your flasks.
Now kill the Dual Striker, and then the Cycloner. You should be able to tank 4x CB stacks while leeching, so use your flasks only when really needed.

3. Atziri: Equip 2x Ruby Flasks and 2x Topaz Flasks before entering her room, and fill up their charges. Change Aegis with Saffells Frame (doesnt matter if legacy or not) and switch Determination for Purity of Fire and if spellblock isn't capped, add in Tempest Shield.
Curse to use is Projectile Weakness, if you happen to have +1 Curse on gear add in either Enfeeble or Temp Chains.

Depending on your total ES you should be able to tank damage of 2-3 Flameblasts, but still i'd recommend not to eat too many. Evade all Storm Calls. In her Split Phase, position yourself so that you can't accidentally hit the one holding the mirror, she got 100% damage reflection. In her Minion Phase, either switch LMP with GMP or try to find a position to hit as many minions as possible, so she won't get healed too much.

All in all, the fight is very well possible but if you plan to efficiently farm Atziri, it may not be the best build for that.

"
plasticeyes wrote:
terrific build. started my one and only ambush toon with it (the life leech version not ZO), and it's working very well (and only 4L!). would have worked even better if i had followed your leveling guide ;-)

couple of things:

mana management is really a problem. it's working but i'm having to get a _lot_ of mana regen to make it work. right now i'm using added chaos instead of faster casting because i figure i won't be able to keep up. it occurs to me though that added chaos has a very high multiplier, so that might not be true. i'll have to test.

what was your mana and mana regen ?

i have 950 mana, 157% regen on gear and 100% in the tree ! That's 257% and i _barely_ keep up.

what level clarity should be necessary (i'm using a level 13/300 reserved) ?

i also think the build needs a "boss killer" attack. i was experimenting with flameblast + conc effect, but amazingly it's not that good.

shouldn't removing LMP and just using incinerate be ok ? maybe replace LMP with faster projectiles ?

thanks again- really having fun with this build.

BTW, if you can't afford dream fragments,

work very nicely :-) they even have mana regen!

Hey, glad you like it!

Yeah, Mana Regen is kind of problematic in the beginning. I was at around 1.5k Mana with ~285 Mana Regen, which was enough to sustain 6L Incinerate. Had around 200% Regen on gear (Dream Frags, 50% on Wand/Ring) and a Lv20 Clarity with all the Aura/Buff nodes from the 120pt tree.

I guess for 4L you'll need somewhere around 180 mana/s, easiest way to get there would be getting more flat mana on gear or Dream Frags.

Incinerate+LMP is a pretty good bosskiller imo, unlike all the GMP Incinerate builds you can actually shotgun each boss with all projectiles, which gives more DPS than a single projectile would do. If that's not enough, you could try to add in Fire Trap for leveling, but it will become redundant in the higher levels.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

Hey, glad you like it!

Yeah, Mana Regen is kind of problematic in the beginning. I was at around 1.5k Mana with ~285 Mana Regen, which was enough to sustain 6L Incinerate. Had around 200% Regen on gear (Dream Frags, 50% on Wand/Ring) and a Lv20 Clarity with all the Aura/Buff nodes from the 120pt tree.

I guess for 4L you'll need somewhere around 180 mana/s, easiest way to get there would be getting more flat mana on gear or Dream Frags.

Incinerate+LMP is a pretty good bosskiller imo, unlike all the GMP Incinerate builds you can actually shotgun each boss with all projectiles, which gives more DPS than a single projectile would do. If that's not enough, you could try to add in Fire Trap for leveling, but it will become redundant in the higher levels.

Thanks very much for responding Enki! Glad to see you are still active in the thread. yes, definitely having fun with it especially in ambush. i set up the "funnel of death" and my friend opens the box and runs behind me ! really funny, except when he doesn't run fast enough and gets killed - but that's only happened once.

Aha! So you did use a level 20 clarity. Mine is currently limited to 13 because i was desperately trying to run all 3 auras. I just took another mana reduced node and i'll be able to take a couple of more effect nodes pretty soon so that will let me level clarity _and_ i'll get a boost on regen from the effect nodes. I just got my mana boosted from gear but I'm still only 1000 mana. So as i continue to work on increasing it things should get better. I got another ring with mana regen. I'm sure i'm over 300% now !

I just noticed that you took the 12% life/mana node in the witch area and I don't have that yet. I'll try and take that too.

Your are right on, I need about 180.

I'm currently linked: I + LMP + LL + added chaos

I'm trying to figure out the best 4L combo.

added lightning and then curse with elemental weakness (using flammability right now) ?
OR
faster casting instead of added damage ?

I also looked back at the tree and i find it amazing you didn't take the 8% reduction nodes in Sovereignty and could still run all 3 auras with a level 20 clarity. I suspect that's simply because you had a level 20 reduced mana, right ? taking those aura effect nodes will also boost clarity, so as the build progresses i should be ok.

the other interesting thing is that you took the block nodes at bulwark and not the +30% ES nodes. That would have given a substantial boost in ES as I'm sure you know. it's interesting that the block is more useful than the extra ES. That's not what I would expect.

Last thing. I know you did a lot of testing, so I was hoping you could tell me why you did not take any of the fire damage or spell damage nodes in the witch tree. Did you simply get a _lot_ of spell damage on wand and shield ? Do you know about how much spell damage is necessary ?

As you said fire trap is not worthwhile at the higher levels. A 4L flameblast is working pretty well. I didn't realize you could hit the boss with all 3 streams. I'll experiment a little and see how it goes. I know that I can't tank Kole quite yet... lol.

Can't wait to see the new build you are working on.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
Thanks very much for responding Enki! Glad to see you are still active in the thread. yes, definitely having fun with it especially in ambush. i set up the "funnel of death" and my friend opens the box and runs behind me ! really funny, except when he doesn't run fast enough and gets killed - but that's only happened once.

Aha! So you did use a level 20 clarity. Mine is currently limited to 13 because i was desperately trying to run all 3 auras. I just took another mana reduced node and i'll be able to take a couple of more effect nodes pretty soon so that will let me level clarity _and_ i'll get a boost on regen from the effect nodes. I just got my mana boosted from gear but I'm still only 1000 mana. So as i continue to work on increasing it things should get better. I got another ring with mana regen. I'm sure i'm over 300% now !

I just noticed that you took the 12% life/mana node in the witch area and I don't have that yet. I'll try and take that too.

Your are right on, I need about 180.

I'm currently linked: I + LMP + LL + added chaos

I'm trying to figure out the best 4L combo.

added lightning and then curse with elemental weakness (using flammability right now) ?
OR
faster casting instead of added damage ?

I also looked back at the tree and i find it amazing you didn't take the 8% reduction nodes in Sovereignty and could still run all 3 auras with a level 20 clarity. I suspect that's simply because you had a level 20 reduced mana, right ? taking those aura effect nodes will also boost clarity, so as the build progresses i should be ok.

the other interesting thing is that you took the block nodes at bulwark and not the +30% ES nodes. That would have given a substantial boost in ES as I'm sure you know. it's interesting that the block is more useful than the extra ES. That's not what I would expect.

Last thing. I know you did a lot of testing, so I was hoping you could tell me why you did not take any of the fire damage or spell damage nodes in the witch tree. Did you simply get a _lot_ of spell damage on wand and shield ? Do you know about how much spell damage is necessary ?

As you said fire trap is not worthwhile at the higher levels. A 4L flameblast is working pretty well. I didn't realize you could hit the boss with all 3 streams. I'll experiment a little and see how it goes. I know that I can't tank Kole quite yet... lol.

Can't wait to see the new build you are working on.

Sure thing :P

You're right, didn't need the additional 8% reduced reservation because of Lv20 Red Mana and also the huge mana pool.

For 5th link, i'd put in Added Light until you can sustain the increased cast speed from Faster Casting.

The 30% ES from shield aren't that useful with Aegis, as its base ES is kinda low to begin with. With a high ES shield they are really good though, for this build taking 6% ES nodes instead was more effective.

I used the Fire/Spell Dmg nodes for a while, but then dropped them for more survivability and noticed almost no drawback in clearing speed. Tried the fire nodes in witch starter, and the chaos nodes between witch and shadow, and both added like 100-200 tooltip DPS which felt like a waste for 8 points invested.

You can see the new build in my sig, will record some videos once i leveled.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

Sure thing :P

You're right, didn't need the additional 8% reduced reservation because of Lv20 Red Mana and also the huge mana pool.

For 5th link, i'd put in Added Light until you can sustain the increased cast speed from Faster Casting.

The 30% ES from shield aren't that useful with Aegis, as its base ES is kinda low to begin with. With a high ES shield they are really good though, for this build taking 6% ES nodes instead was more effective.

I used the Fire/Spell Dmg nodes for a while, but then dropped them for more survivability and noticed almost no drawback in clearing speed. Tried the fire nodes in witch starter, and the chaos nodes between witch and shadow, and both added like 100-200 tooltip DPS which felt like a waste for 8 points invested.

You can see the new build in my sig, will record some videos once i leveled.

as my mana/reserve situation gets better i'll transition to the effect nodes.

sounds like faster casting is preferred if you can handle the mana drain.

i'll likely never have an aegis, i'm sure it would be helpful, but I'm doing pretty well right now, so i guess we'll see. meanwhile it will be several levels before i start taking those shield nodes, so i can put off the decision. maybe an aegis will drop for me ! LOL.

very interesting- i'm seeing the same thing. i'm _slowly_ dropping the damage nodes in favor of things like aura buffs so that i could be sure and run grace + discipline. the most amazing buff i've seen is projectile speed. i just took the projectile speed node in the tree and swapped out a wand with less spell damage (35 vs 68) but a really good projectile speed roll (38% !) and what a difference. you start doing damage so much sooner that they are dead before they get to you, even with the reduced tooltip number. my reach is almost 1/2 way across the screen :-)

that new build looks like like fun.

thanks again for your help.

"
plasticeyes wrote:
as my mana/reserve situation gets better i'll transition to the effect nodes.

sounds like faster casting is preferred if you can handle the mana drain.

i'll likely never have an aegis, i'm sure it would be helpful, but I'm doing pretty well right now, so i guess we'll see. meanwhile it will be several levels before i start taking those shield nodes, so i can put off the decision. maybe an aegis will drop for me ! LOL.

very interesting- i'm seeing the same thing. i'm _slowly_ dropping the damage nodes in favor of things like aura buffs so that i could be sure and run grace + discipline. the most amazing buff i've seen is projectile speed. i just took the projectile speed node in the tree and swapped out a wand with less spell damage (35 vs 68) but a really good projectile speed roll (38% !) and what a difference. you start doing damage so much sooner that they are dead before they get to you, even with the reduced tooltip number. my reach is almost 1/2 way across the screen :-)

that new build looks like like fun.

thanks again for your help.

Don't worry, you'll get yourself an Aegis soon enough ;)

Cast Speed and Proj Speed are the most important stats for Incinerate imo, but only up to a certain point.
Most damage will come through cast speed, but you need to be able to handle the higher mana cost from more casts per second. A cast speed roll on wand, four cast speed nodes in the tree and the cast speed from Frenzy Charges are pretty much the max you can support without taking EB, all points beyond that should go into Spell Dmg or survivability.
Proj Speed is extremely helpful as you've already observed, you can kill exploding minions in the Dominus fight before they can reach you, you can clear Jungle Valley bossroom without moving once and even hit Atziri from anywhere on the platform with just the Proj Speed node and Proj Speed on wand.

Glad to see another player enjoying this build :)
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info