*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

The new skill tree is crazy. This build can be done, but they have taken away the extra max resistance a lot, nerfed life a bit too. I did a tree and I believe it will still be a good build.

Looks like Spell Block got removed from the block tree.

That is not good.
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 14, 2014, 2:06:53 AM
they removed max resist on diamond skin... the fuck..
i dont see how using more points to get same key nodes is going to be of any help..
Domine Non Es Dignus
Legacy rainbowstriders, legacy aurora shield, legacy kaom, mirrored sword.
Perhaps the build wouldn't be so amazing without that gear and 5 million exalted spent...

Guess it's good for the few fortunute that are somehow able to conjure up all these orbs =)
Will you redo tree for new Tree
Does anyone have an updated version of this build for 1.2?
The 80 off meta build guy
Well...This is the best 1.2 Build I could come up with for PURE Tanking. The life nodes pretty much went away....Little damage nodes for me at lvl92. Getting the last 10% Spell block made things rough. I tried it with 51% spell block and just got Hammered! YES, MAPS ARE A LOT HARDER. My resists are 93/106/124 with 61%chaos. Block is 75% and spell block is 66%. I have pretty much all the same gear as Gellig. A couple of my rares aren't quite as good :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEBwUtBjkG6Q48FCAUUhZvGJEaPhpVGmwb-h8CJKol3ycvJ2EpLisNMfsyCTWANZI2xTboNuk6Uj38QktHfkyzUEdRYFPfVElVxlcNWGNYr1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5sRnJscql07XgNecB673y4fNl-4n_jgFaD24TZhO-FxYcpi0-Mz5B0kc6ZK5uDna6ezZ_LoLSkGacIpzCpbqmVrKqsr7Xyu-28n72BwBrG2Mzb0iHYJNi92t3cHd--42rjn-RR5wvnru7Z7w7xrPIv8wbzvvZI9zL60vuq_o8=

Let me know what ya think!

IGN: Hhax

PS: I lost about 3k dps and 1000 life with the new tree.... :( ... Also DEX was really hard to get ...and INT as always hence the 2pts for Versatility
Last edited by Savaging on Aug 21, 2014, 11:18:54 PM
I'll update my post later.. For now I'm going with:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEBwSzBS0G6Q48EuEUIBRNFFIWbxiRGjgaPhpVGmwfAiSqJy8nYSkuKw0t0jWSNsU26DbpOlI62D38QktGaUd-TLNN2E3jT31QR1FgU99USVXGVw1YY1ivWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZU1mnm5pcql07XgNeu98uHzZfuKAVoFvg9uE2YTvhcWHKYtPjHaMz5BVkHSRzpuDna6ePJ7Nn8ugtKIApwinMKeEqW6playqrK-0-bXyu-29gb6nwBrDhsS4xtjM29Ih1fjYJNi9377jauOf5FHnC-eR567sOPAf8azzBvO-9kj3MvrS-6r-jw==

I swapped to Heavy Strike for some boss testing. My new stats are:

9081 life (about the same as before)
1250 discipline (100 less than before)
18k dps / 25k dps (w/ blood rage, no hatred vs with hatred)
80% physical damage reduction with endurance charges up
445 life regen (with end charges up)
75%/80%/75% resistances (lost a bit due to node removal)
64% chaos res (more than before)
75/66 block (more spell block than before)

520 str, 177 int, 121 dex

You could always sacrifice some of those DPS nodes for more tanking if you wanted...
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Passive skill tree build
My tree is different,

It is similar by most but I didn't go up the tree to the life circle.

UPDATE:
Seeing how I can do well vs most anything, the downfall is the huge loss of armor. Fighting 78 Dominus, he is much stronger, as was said in the update, but lack of armor proved more difficult, even with enfeeble. Extra ndurance charges were less useful, so I opted for the armor nodes by the duelist start. I used to have 17k armor, prepatch, i was at 11000 before the new nodes, now I'm closer to 13.7k.

I decided on the sword dps/life nodes and the fire barbarian nodes.
I also took a 6% atk speed node on the duelist side for 114 points at lvl 94. So that be a duelist only thing.
After playing with each way, both above, I found I get get more out of this. Life is nearly the same for me, but the dps helps.

Works best with my cyclone/heavy strike duelist. Mostly built strictly around my gear and stats.

My advice for the single attack targets, since the 2% LL node was removed, it helps to obtain that on a piece of gear. I anticipated it being removed and went for obtaining it on a ring. Thus extremely helpful.

Also make sure to get the new Divine Flask with instant recovery/remove bleeding as needed. I run 2x them for 979 Hp on usage.
Forbidden taste can be used as well. I found it less useful so far with the new flasks.

Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 23, 2014, 12:57:17 AM
Yeah, I tried a similar version (other than the singular 6% node).. Lots of good options/tweaks out there.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
The best testing for me was to add the duelist armor nodes. With that combination and a little sacrifice in life, I have a better overall feel of what I used to be.

My overall thought on the new skill tree:

We got WEAKER.
Lost 25% ES. 4k Armour (with 21 Determination). Life about the same.

Gained: 10% Chaos resistance

I liked the version before this patch.

I can live with it though.
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 23, 2014, 8:58:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info