Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

"
nGio wrote:
I hate D3 with a passion, but these changes are incredible tbh. These changes are custom made for the hardcore 24/7 grinder, and now I am rethinking my decision to never play D3 again. I might actually give RoS a shot now.

Lol, that's my very problem.

I loath what Blizz did to the genre, and I loath that I almost forgive them with the 'back-to-loot-find' direction they are taking. Mind, out of the frying pan and into the fire helped.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
nGio wrote:
I hate D3 with a passion, but these changes are incredible tbh. These changes are custom made for the hardcore 24/7 grinder, and now I am rethinking my decision to never play D3 again. I might actually give RoS a shot now.

I loath what Blizz did to the genre, and I loath that I almost forgive them with the 'back-to-loot-find' direction they are taking. Mind, out of the frying pan and into the fire helped.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

"
Diablo is an ARPG and killing monsters should always be the most rewarding thing to do

Someone gets it.

Wow, it gets better...
"
We added a system in the expansion that tracks the amount of time you spend fighting creatures without finding a legendary and after a certain period of time will slowly start increasing the legendary drop rate. Once a legendary drops for you, actual item not crafting recipe or material, we reset that timer. This is meant to be a safety net so that the random can never be too extreme to the negative end.

That's fucking amazing!!!

I was already looking forward to RoS, the removal of the AH, and the emphasis on finding one's own loot instead of buying it. The timed legendary drop rates was fantastic to hear.

I stopped playing D3 and POE for the same reason - the crippled drop rate balanced for an economy. It's much more beneficial to play the market then buy upgrades than to actually play the game. Huge flaw with both games, it killed gear progression for me. Really glad Blizz is implementing such drastic changes to fix this economy flaw.

Do I think POE needs a loot 2.0? Of course, the game has the same flaw. But GGG has stated the economy is the most important aspect of the game for them. I just have to shake my head because I don't understand why they want to make an ARPG where the economy is more important than slaying mobs.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
nGio wrote:

I don't know if I'm happy that an arpg company is actually listening to players or if I'm mad that Blizzard is going to get me to purchase an expac after I swore them off for the original D3 atrocity. Now imagine if PoE's drop rates were based on a "per player" basis and not on an economy like D3 failed with before them. It might just be the perfect game.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
"
nGio wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
nGio wrote:

I don't know if I'm happy that an arpg company is actually listening to players or if I'm mad that Blizzard is going to get me to purchase an expac after I swore them off for the original D3 atrocity. Now imagine if PoE's drop rates were based on a "per player" basis and not on an economy like D3 failed with before them. It might just be the perfect game.

But it wouldn't be fun (apparently).
Casually casual.

The best items will still be traded via jsp come RoS. And what is everyone planning on doing once they near the end of the item treadmill?

All loot 2.0 will do is give people what they want *now*, and offer nothing later.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
The best items will still be traded via jsp come RoS. And what is everyone planning on doing once they near the end of the item treadmill?

All loot 2.0 will do is give people what they want *now*, and offer nothing later.

In D3 I think that is absolutely a problem, because once you've leveled up a particular class there's not much else to do with it.

I don't think that would be a problem with PoE, though, because of the huge range of options you have. I've been playing for about 3 months now and I've only just managed to level 2 different builds up to where I can do maps. There are tons of other things I'd like to try - I've actually never even started out as a Marauder or Duelist - but the thought of grinding out or trading for items just to get them to map-level has me looking for another game to play.

Making "pretty good" loot easier to obtain in this game wouldn't be an issue, because there's so many different playstyles to try, and GGG is adding new content so quickly. The current drop rate and crafting system is actually turning me off of the game right now, despite how much more of it there is for me to explore.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Make more characters, instead of dropping 1k hours for a 'pretty good' char or 5k hours for BiS char. The difference between a 140 Shako and a 141 were what the grind was for, not trying to find a 400 dps weapon twice a year, while 500-900 dps weapons exist to people who can RMT-craft them. That is a monkey's task. I don't give a shit about the best items being on jsp, as long as it has no effect on what items drop for me in my game. That's why everyone is leaving.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Last edited by nGio on Jan 25, 2014, 11:54:33 PM
I know this topic is tied very closely to the RoS expansion for D3, but please try to stay on topic to the OP. This is starting to become just about D3, but there was some good PoE discussion going on earlier, try to reign it back in.
No longer works at GGG
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I thought the best items in RoS were going to be BoA, so you can't trade for it at all. Have to play for the best items.

For me, the loot treadmill ended prematurely because I can't stand dealing with trade. But I don't buy the idea that increased drop rates will end the loot treadmill sooner than when trading for it, especially with BoA.

In a game like POE, where there's more variety and a wider range of desired stats on loot, trading allows one to bypass rng all together and get the exact stats one wants for their build. When you rely on just drops, that makes the loot treadmill take longer.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info