Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

no, loot is already easy to obtain if you put time into the game

overhaul too strong of a word
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 24, 2014, 3:46:29 PM
yea plus dis game needs something like nephelam stack maybe treasure charges that are little gold coins that fly around you give more IIQ IIQ it be like neflame valer u kill things to get more treasure charge idk what to call them this game dont have neplam and dis game have no story to compare (no movies??? lol this game have no stor)y
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
aslo thi game need treasure kiwi when u kill them they spew cureencies and rare item like a goblin but kiwi cause this is path of exile and made in norway
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
Jayburner wrote:
guildie got a soul taker from a 66 map today.

Another guildie chanced a volt on first try on a spine bow yesterday. and found an andvarius that same day.

Did I mention they are both European?

but seriously I want RNG to smile on me.

Are you inferring that the European server gives better, more frequent quality loot than the US server? Good luck getting anyone at GGG to admit that. More likely GGG will see that as a bug and have another round of nerfing on the European server.

edit: Or is the RNG in the European server based on the metric system and thus the loot drop rate and quality calculations work out better measured in metric? :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 24, 2014, 3:49:01 PM
RoS and loot 2.0 look awful, so no.
The problem with loot in PoE is that there are way too many moving parts. I recommend adding a "smart" function that tries to (subtly) weight gear type drops in favor of what you are currently using / your stats.

Not like every item dropping as what gear you want to use, but more like a little nudge preferring to drop your lowest ilvl slot or similar.

That has no practical effect on gear power (don't get me started on how muc hof a mess affixes are) but does make progression a little smoother and drops "more likely" to be useful to you immediately.

PoE's playerbase is fundamentally against the D3 design direction so yah. Even if the design direction of gear is in many ways better structured (not necessarily superior).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Joking =/= trolling

love you bro

xoxoxo

IMO loot and item progression is fine for now and will improve over time.

Also desync is fine, very minimal at worst.

And 6 linking should remain only for the truly elite (unless you wear the poor man's robe aka tabula rasa).

That's my opinion on the matter. So no loot 2.0, no auction house, and no hiring Jay Wilson. That was called sarcasm.

I COULD go for a secret goatman/rhoa level though.

If "item progression...will improve over time" that is implying that quality loot drop at the high levels is currently not where it should be.

Yes, a secret Rhoa level would be cool. Nothing whimsical. Also I'm 54 and haven't gone fishing in over a decade. If GGG could see to it that fishing rods dropped more often then I could check out the secret fishing holes in Wraeclast. For those no-lifers or lucky SOBs that have a fishing rod can you do any ocean fishing?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 24, 2014, 4:01:20 PM
no
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Yes crafting overhaul would be nice. And a trade 2.0 in the form of a marketplace.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
For everyone who is interested how RoS turned out:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=1

The greentexts are a very interesting read.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info