Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

"
jstq wrote:
"
wlfbck wrote:
It's funny because that is exactly what they did.
Played for about 20 hours on torment 3, didn't replaced anything from my crap 5-10 mil each piece gear. All loots is for salvage, some legendaries for some people is upgrades. Pretty much nothing is changed. So crappy gear from ah >>>>>>>>>> 99.9999999999999% of loot 2.0 outputs

Keep in mind those major damage contributors like crit chance, and crit damage, are harder to roll, as well as sockets (at least for weapons.). Keep in mind loot in RoS will quickly replace any that you have now in about 2 levels.
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Mar 3, 2014, 9:47:12 PM
This is "crafting 1.5": http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes#Crafting

GGG is going forward to help people progress. But we all need better recipes for higher level.
I still don't understand why there's no exalted recipe. This is for me the big crafting 2.0 we are all waiting for. We need at least lvl 50 mods, but now we only have lvl 11 (Serrated) and 23 (Wicked) for damage scaling. Better crafting = better progression.

As for 2.0 loot... Played 2 hours with the newest D3 patch, please GGG, don't go this way. It sucks. More than you can imagine.
yes imo loot has been terrible for me since release
not sure if they nerfed drops after open beta but bad luck and drops ever since not to mention diminishing returns.

the lack of even rares dropping from endgame bosses has taken a chunk of fun out of the game for me at least.
"Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?"

No. But a 1.0.0.1.3.2.73-b1348 overhaul would be nice.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Yeah, all new 2h weapons are 50-80% less damage than crappy Skorn I can buy for 50k on ah. Never saw 1h rare with more than 850 dps (2.0). Non of rares cant compare to old rares, because before you can get 6 good rolls, now you get 3 or 4. And for RoS - I'll never buy this shit lol xD

So, with an existence of auction houses, any loot you find will be piece of shit. But, in d3 it will be removed, and in PoE we have Poe.xyz => so until developers forbid people to post gear on forums to sell and to xyz to index, almost every piece of gear you find in poe will be shit compared that what you can buy on xyz for 1c.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
The loot in crafting system is much more frusterating for me on my standard characters than it was on my Nemesis/Domination characters.

Unless you find amazing items in standard, you're stuck in a neverending stuggle against the established economy.

In Nemesis/Dom/New leagues, less amazing items still have value, and good items usually sell for less.

I could pay 1-2 chaos per item slot to get good enough gear to start into maps or Piety runs or maps in Nemesis. I always made enough currency on my characters during leveling and selling the good rares I got.
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
The game really can benefit from a "smart" algorithm regarding drops. There's something that needs to changed in the ARPG mechanic of getting crap at the higher levels since you have a more opened up drop table.

Also, how is "Trading" connected with "Exile" in any way?

No there really doesn't need to be a 'smart' algorithm. The problem with people is expectations, they will always want something better than what they have. It's best to set the bar really low and go up from there. If POE changed it so ALL items you find are decent, then those will now become trash to you and you will want something better. Loot is fine as it is now, having gear spoonfed to you (cough* d3 loot 2.0*cough) gets much more boring than the current meta of POE.
"
jstq wrote:
"
wlfbck wrote:
It's funny because that is exactly what they did.
Played for about 20 hours on torment 3, didn't replaced anything from my crap 5-10 mil each piece gear. All loots is for salvage, some legendaries for some people is upgrades. Pretty much nothing is changed. So crappy gear from ah >>>>>>>>>> 99.9999999999999% of loot 2.0 outputs

Shit this is hilarious. Try playing the game without decking yourself out in the ah. Not to mention that you're talking about ~75million gold here. To get that amount of gold just by playing will take you atleast 200hours.

Btw i can do the same shit in PoE. You can easily buy a good rare weapon for jackshit (6chaos i think it was for me) which you will replace exactly never.
I'm not sure comparing d3 and poe is a good idea.
They really don't aim for the same people.

i have d2, d3 and i'm playing poe. I won't buy reaper.
I consider that poe is better than d2 in many aspect.
d3 isn't better than d2 and the last patch with their new "paragon" system is a huge crap in my opinion.
Point me that madman, who made gold in d3 by playing the actual game?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info