Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

The loot system in POE needs an overhaul in my opinion to solve the following problems:

1) 1 in 200 Rare items being decent is simply not acceptable.

2) The chance of gear rolling atrociously low suffixes regardless of the parent gears ilv makes crafting pointless.

3) Crafting overall is a complete waste of time and currency. This is not necessarily true if you have enough currency to craft a mirror worthy item. The diminishing returns on crafting are so directly correlated to wealth it's pointless for the 99% to even attempt it.

4) Currency does NOT drop frequently enough. If you want players to take advantage of the crafting system increase the damn drop rates. If you want players to hoard currency and just trade it for items then you're 100% not succeeding.

~Not a satisfied gamer at this point.

In Game Name: RIP_DEEPS
IGN RIP_DEEPS
I got my first guy leveled past 50 and shot up quickly from there, and at about 69-70 I found this...

Spoiler

and from there on I was totally behind this loot system. I like it this way xD
yes yes and yes again to better crafting in this game, right now you have to randomly craft stats on gear AND randomly craft sockets AND links on-top too, its too tedious, it really is.
I think its fine as is. I've never had a 6 link or ultra GG gear, but I've consistently leveled characters to 80+ and re-rolling is awesome using the low level gg items found. A huge part of the game centers around trading and currency wealth, and not everyone is going to be rich out of their minds.

The only people I expect to be rich in this game are the no lifers who play this 24/7, educated themselves on the game 24/7, and have nothing else better to do... Not that playing this game 24/7 is a bad thing.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
jstq wrote:
Loot 2.0 is still piece of shit. Drops quality should scale around difficulty, not around RNGesus wish.

It's funny because that is exactly what they did. Did you even bother to read the patchnotes? oO

I'm not even expecting any of the die-hard black-and-white-thinkers here to actually try it out and reevaluate their perspectives (little hint here: you can have different opinions about different parts of a game!), but dude, atleast read the fucking patch notes.

To get back on topic: I played a couple of hours (~30) with the new D3 patch, it has really improved. Both "endgame"-wise as well as leveling-wise. I even found myself doing what they apparently intended from the launch of the game*: Playing around with different skills and modifiers.
I'm sure someone else has already posted some more details than me, i'm gonna go to sleep.

*=That took them really long lol.
My friend said he decked himself out in legendaries in two days after the patch.
Then he quit because that was the end of the game for him.

If you're hoping for quick easy loot, you might as well not play since you'll be done in a week.
No we don't stop comparing poe to d3 they are totally differant games d3 an utter fucking failure.

Sick all these threads crying about poe go and play d3 blizzard have made a game just for you.
The game really can benefit from a "smart" algorithm regarding drops. There's something that needs to changed in the ARPG mechanic of getting crap at the higher levels since you have a more opened up drop table.

Also, how is "Trading" connected with "Exile" in any way?
"
Whoaness wrote:
My friend said he decked himself out in legendaries in two days after the patch.
Then he quit because that was the end of the game for him.

If you're hoping for quick easy loot, you might as well not play since you'll be done in a week.

Wow, what was he doing mate, I've been playing this patch and while legendary items may drop more, they roll different stats and out of 8 drops one was an upgrade. Same holds true for rares. RoS isn't out yet, but as of now this is not an accurate representation. Torment difficulties get hard each tick up. My Wiz can do T3 pretty well, but anything higher and it gets tough.

Both games are different, very different at their core. But D3 is now a truly self found experience, aside from trading with party members. In this regard it is doing quite well. The downside being (for some or most I am not sure) is the inability or rather the lack of necessity of rerolling a new character. A good 'fix' for this would be to introduce ladders similar to D2 or how PoE has themed leagues every so many months.

D3 had a rough start, and as of late has been getting a bad wrap from everyone and their mother. The simple fact is that PoEs loot 'fix' is either working as intended, or that it is to complicated than a simple fix of main stats or unique items. Let us not forget that in PoE there is a rather large passive tree to consider that works hand in hand with the gear you use. And not to mention the amount of mods an item can roll, is above that of D3, and the ranges are for comparative reason, like the grand canyon, to a small creek in terms of tiers.

My advice to all these 'adults' is to stop hopping on the hate D3 bandwagon for popularity reasons, or because it's not a copy and paste of what D2 was (Which had plenty of its own issues, so take off the rose tinted glasses). If you don't like it, fine. But D3 has made a huge turn around in its defense. I play and support both games, and I had my period of distrust and contempt for Blizzard because of D3. But at the end of the day it is just a game, and the team, or rather the fire lead developer of D3 was either too dense, or had no idea how to develop games beyond a Spiderman console game.
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Mar 3, 2014, 9:44:48 PM
"
wlfbck wrote:
It's funny because that is exactly what they did.
Played for about 20 hours on torment 3, didn't replaced anything from my crap 5-10 mil each piece gear. All loots is for salvage, some legendaries for some people is upgrades. Pretty much nothing is changed. So crappy gear from ah >>>>>>>>>> 99.9999999999999% of loot 2.0 outputs
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info