[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

"
Afura wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
because if they are higher level you'll need higher level CWDT to support them. Higher level CWDT means less frequent trigger. Enduring cry get's close to nothing from leveling it. Temporal chains can be linked to Increased area of effect ( support gems can be any level they don't stop the CWDT only the level of he active skills matters) And triggered skill don't cost mana.

Ok now I understand the whole thing :) , didn't know that a higher level of the cwdt gem means less frequent trigger.

Thanks

not only less frequent trigger.... there will be o trigger... read your cwdt gem description wont cast gem higher levle then its requirement
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

not only less frequent trigger.... there will be o trigger... read your cwdt gem description wont cast gem higher levle then its requirement

Perhaps you've misunderstood me.... here i'll quote myself

"Because if they are higher level you'll need higher level CWDT to support them. Higher level CWDT means less frequent trigger."

From these 2 sentences it's obvious that i refer to CWDT that has high enough level to support the gem...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 8, 2014, 8:42:08 PM
I've added a video of a Dominus Run:
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3861604
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Why use Leap Slam over a single target ability for Piety? Wouldn't something like Double Strike or Heavy Strike be much faster at killing her?

Also, what are your thoughts on Spectral Throw? I feel like it's range makes it much safer than Leap Slam. Watching your videos I constantly see you lose half your health, which somewhat worries me since I want to try this build on Invasion.
"
Why use Leap Slam over a single target ability for Piety? Wouldn't something like Double Strike or Heavy Strike be much faster at killing her?

Also, what are your thoughts on Spectral Throw? I feel like it's range makes it much safer than Leap Slam. Watching your videos I constantly see you lose half your health, which somewhat worries me since I want to try this build on Invasion.

Just one man's opinion here, and not a terribly well-informed one either. Take it for what it's worth.

I think range is pretty meaningless on Piety. There's only one form where she does significant melee damage, and in that one (fire form) she's so fast that the only way to stay away from her is to use a quicksilver flask and not attack anyway (not that you would want to do that). I could see wanting to use a different, faster skill, but whether it's ranged or not really doesn't mean much.

Despite that, Leap Slam is really what I want for this fight. Being able to get behind a pillar quickly during ice form or track her down after a teleport or even get to a blue portal to destroy it before she reaches it is nice. I'm always going to want the Leap Slam to get to her, I'm always going to want it to move around during the fight, and it does good enough damage. So I'm just sticking with it and being happy.

As for half-health...well, that happens. The build maintains health via flasks and regen, since it's not very tanky. That means that it's going to get down to half health, and it's going to do it often. It would even with a faster kill skill. But despite that, I never ever feel like I'm actually close to dying. Piety's damage abilities just aren't like that, as long as you're not taking ice arrows to the face, and the flasks get you back up to full quickly enough.

(Side note: I think it's an excellent idea to deviate from Korgoth's new tree slightly to take the +15% flask life node near Heart of the Warrior, just because you do rely on life flasks so much.)

I can't think of a Piety fight when I haven't been down to half health, but I've never died to just Piety. (I've died to Piety + Rogue Exile once, but that's mostly because I was only level 69 and didn't recognize that there was a rogue exile until it was too late.)
Last edited by Barandis on Mar 11, 2014, 2:21:43 AM
I agree at 100% with what Barandis said. I just want to add a personal experience with single target skills and Piety. Using those gets you swarmed by miscreations and that's not good. If you use multistrike you'll hit many different targets one after another thus taking more time to kill her. If you use melee splash you'll get less DPS and again you'l need more time kill Piety.

P.S. I need to make new videos for a Piety Run with the new gems setup.
Uploaded a new 1.1.0 Piety video
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3865515
Thank you!
Do you think if my dps is just 6k i should just run for piety? dont spend time oon blue and rarew??
IGN: Infernalle
"
paladinshiva wrote:
Thank you!
Do you think if my dps is just 6k i should just run for piety? dont spend time oon blue and rarew??

I don't see a connection between your damage and killing/not killing rar and magic monsters. Although i do believe that the boss drops more items after 1.1.0 . I know that it's not in the Patch notes but that's definetly the case from experience. And that's making the actual boss kill more profitable so you can just run(jump) to her -> kill her -> repeat without stopping for the magic/rare monsters that will get in your way to maximising your profit per hour.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 11, 2014, 7:34:43 PM
Haha thx!
Its just with low dmg it takes alot more time to kill rares blues... thats why i asked)
But i got it thanks!
IGN: Infernalle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info