Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

Just got lvl 70 with my own build and its awesome :)

Came here to ask if Static blows its viable with resolute technique, someone can link me some post that explains how this passive works or something?

And which curse is better for LS, conductivity or projectile weakness? I'm gonna test tomorrow.
Last edited by disembowler on Feb 10, 2013, 2:50:38 AM
I've been following this build for a while, and the only problems I've encountered so far are mana costs, chaos-users, and finding a suitable weapon (I'm 1h mace).I've also managed to tweak this build to my own personal playstyle.

A couple of tips I want to throw out there for anybody currently pursuing this build:

-Grab Resolute Technique, my DPS nearly went up +300. Plus, no need to worry about missing!

-For MAX DPS from gems, make sure you link LS w/ Weapon Elemental and Melee Physical. For auras, run wrath and clarity. Clarity because this build does get really mana costly in the run.
"
danteafk wrote:
is anyone actually running this with 70+?

it is just ridiculous how much more faster other range characters kill mobs while they don`t even need to take any defense passive nodes, while this build shows us to take them.

also, mana is so low that without reduced mana costs and obviously clarity you cant even hit/cast all the time

running this with gmp and faster attacks? no chance due to mana costs.

i really cant be arsed to reroll. I don`t have the time and I`m not in the mood, but that shows that this isn`t even viable in higher levels, as I found out the past few days on my own.

It will hit ranged characters hard when no one "tanks" for them. Speccing for defense is what is going to allow you to live. I'm sure you have heard of the term "glass cannon".

"
Jerp wrote:
I've been following this build for a while, and the only problems I've encountered so far are mana costs, chaos-users, and finding a suitable weapon (I'm 1h mace).I've also managed to tweak this build to my own personal playstyle.

A couple of tips I want to throw out there for anybody currently pursuing this build:

-Grab Resolute Technique, my DPS nearly went up +300. Plus, no need to worry about missing!

-For MAX DPS from gems, make sure you link LS w/ Weapon Elemental and Melee Physical. For auras, run wrath and clarity. Clarity because this build does get really mana costly in the run.

I agree on resolute, it is amazing. Do you not use tempest shield? I'd love to use it but I think the 25% mana reserve isn't worth it.
what do you do about the mana problems? I got LS + weap ele dmg + phys dmg + added fire dmg.

on the other item i use reduced mana costs + clarity + wrath.

My mana reg is 44,8 per second, that is not enough I am always running out of mana.
Last edited by danteafk on Feb 10, 2013, 10:40:19 AM
"
danteafk wrote:
what do you do about the mana problems? I got LS + weap ele dmg + phys dmg + added fire dmg.

My mana reg is 44,8 per second, that is not enough I am always running out of mana.

pick LS + Weapon ele dmg + fork/chain + mana leech (RRGG) should help to solve any mana issues.
Last edited by hunTShoo on Feb 10, 2013, 12:14:59 PM
"
hunTShoo wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:

pick LS + Weapon ele dmg + fork/chain + mana on hit (RRGG) should help to solve any mana issues.

Mana on hit? XD

(that gem doesnt exist)

use mana leech.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 10, 2013, 12:12:56 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
hunTShoo wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:

pick LS + Weapon ele dmg + fork/chain + mana on hit (RRGG) should help to solve any mana issues.

Mana on hit? XD

(that gem doesnt exist)

use mana leech.

sry i meant mana leech, will edit this.
"
disembowler wrote:
Just got lvl 70 with my own build and its awesome :)

Came here to ask if Static blows its viable with resolute technique, someone can link me some post that explains how this passive works or something?

And which curse is better for LS, conductivity or projectile weakness? I'm gonna test tomorrow.

I have resolute and iron grip, I'm curious about static blows myself. I'm level 45.
i cant progress solo without group with this build, grinding through A2 the last 10 levels, 68 currently.

maybe I should have gone first for all defensive nodes, instead of all that increased dmg.

i am rerolling a marauder, this is just frustrating.
Last edited by danteafk on Feb 11, 2013, 12:36:57 PM
Current Gear:
Spoiler

need to upgrade some stuff like helmet, amulet and boots, but still very okay I think.

Current Spec:

I'm lvl55 in ActIII Cruel in HC now, just started grinding docks. LMP Dogs and Elite Dogs are still scary but with knowledge of lag, movement and flasks I'm okay :D

Stats:
Spoiler
2071 Life
448 Mana
90 ES
Physical Dmg-reduction: 48%
Resists: 75/55/75/-2

I don't really know where I should go after taking 'Body and Soul' 20%AR/ES & 10%Res
Should I go more for Life Nodes in the middle or at the Marauder Tree?
or do I need more Armour and Shield Stats?
or am I good to go and take some more dmg nodes?

I'm doing 1.3k dps right now without wrath

Thank you and stay alive ;)
twitch.tv/facu1ty
Last edited by Faculty on Feb 11, 2013, 6:36:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info