Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

Wondering how this build compares to this blood magic build for survivability?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/82518
The fairest flowers bloom in the foulest places.
"
Nexus555 wrote:
I'm currently level 67 and I have the same problem as other high level LS 1 hand Templars.

#1.) Low dps. I, and most other people in this thread, only do about 1.5k dps, maybe 2 the max. When in a group, I'm embarrassed to attack a monster by myself, because of how little life is taken from the monsters.

#2.) Low survivability. Even with max resist, this build is not too great for surviving. With the decoy totem, you can solo, but it is very tedious. A lot of kiting, totem casting, and coupled with the low dps, it makes for an extremely unpleasant solo experience. Not to mention, it's almost impossible to solo named monsters.

agree with this. im lvl62 atm and got the same problem.
in solo its ok, you can do some stuff, but if you see what other guys do, in party play, its just soooo meeeh.

i think my equip is quiet decent (for a newbie) but i dont know if ill keep investing in the ls-templar any longer.

i feel like ias is very low, hp is low too. archers and casters give you hard time.

itembuild:
I agree with you guys, IMO this is a good learning build for getting your feet wet in the game as it is super simple to gear/play, but for end-game viability it seems to be pretty lackluster in most areas.

Great input from everyone.
"
I agree with you guys, IMO this is a good learning build for getting your feet wet in the game as it is super simple to gear/play, but for end-game viability it seems to be pretty lackluster in most areas.

Great input from everyone.

So, with that in mind, what would you change in your build to make it better for late game? Lightning Strike itself isn't the problem since a lot of builds for a variety of classes use it, from Lightning Strike bow ranger to Lightning Strike CI dagger Shadow to plenty of other builds. Neither is the problem being 1 handed rather than 2 handed, since the above mentioned CI dagger Shadow build uses a 1 handed dagger+shield and deals plenty of DPS. Maces increase both physical and elemental damage, which is perfect for this build, so the choice of mace as the weapon of choice doesn't seem to be the problem either. Which leaves the actual build as the only detriment to this build's late game viability.

So, with that in mind, how would you tweak your own build to make it more late game viable?
The biggest difference that I see in groups is attack speed and crit. I feel like a slug compared to just about every other spec and class that i group with. They attack so much faster and you hear/see crit effects going off none stop. Even the two hand physical/LS mauraders are swigning like madmen...
I so agree with other people about Templar LS. I love the idea behind it but DPS is very low and from tanky boos who you will be at normal and cruel you will switch to nothing when you are above 60. You need a lot of kiting and thinking if you want to progress with this. Im still developing similar concept with templar LS GOD build on my own, all those builds are similar (LS TANK SHIELD ARMOR - ZEUS kinda) this kind of build, should be like dont fuck with me or i will smite you down, not necessary FAST but with good survivability.

I think that (its my personal opinion about TANK ZEUS kind of templar char) you should have 75% block chance with buffed tempest shield, lots of health, armor, maxed resists, ES for 50% protection from stun and fast reload of ES if you kite really tough Yellows or Bosses.

What i mean is that Templar God Zeus kinda Char with shield and Holy mace should be tanky motherfucker with descent DPS and ITS REALLY HARD TO MAKE IT THAT WAY in this BETA STAGE its lack survi and dps at higher lvls.

If im wrong pleas correct me, im more than happy to hear some tips ;)
"
kil0p wrote:
I so agree with other people about Templar LS. I love the idea behind it but DPS is very low and from tanky boos who you will be at normal and cruel you will switch to nothing when you are above 60. You need a lot of kiting and thinking if you want to progress with this. Im still developing similar concept with templar LS GOD build on my own, all those builds are similar (LS TANK SHIELD ARMOR - ZEUS kinda) this kind of build, should be like dont fuck with me or i will smite you down, not necessary FAST but with good survivability.

I think that (its my personal opinion about TANK ZEUS kind of templar char) you should have 75% block chance with buffed tempest shield, lots of health, armor, maxed resists, ES for 50% protection from stun and fast reload of ES if you kite really tough Yellows or Bosses.

What i mean is that Templar God Zeus kinda Char with shield and Holy mace should be tanky motherfucker with descent DPS and ITS REALLY HARD TO MAKE IT THAT WAY in this BETA STAGE its lack survi and dps at higher lvls.

If im wrong pleas correct me, im more than happy to hear some tips ;)

No I think you're spot on. The build is good through about 50-60, then it kinda sucks hard.
i have made some changes duno if it works but will give us more dps

from this build we should have:

293% dmg from one handed + melee + maces
281 max life
211% max hp
3.4% hp regen
15% shield block
93% armor
45% to all elements resist
2% physic dmg leech
+6 endurance charges
25% attack speedy
50% elemental dmg
30% fire dmg to use on infernal or fire gems

hope it helps this build to keep up the paladin spirit :)
Last edited by betogallo on Feb 21, 2013, 9:01:48 PM
i have a question to all LS Templers who read this. I dont know where i should go now with my skill points.

This is my current skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG14TERHJANiNNtPnwH6IAFE0EswJxMol35VfigW-ePE3YjHbsOClPgpsaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVcH1PfYBWGjJRYFnzrKpR5rQvQT8n7fPdcql82Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCku2WFXDdIhns2nMBQgUEcYkcmY

Should i head to the top, to "Galvanic Hammer", "Divine Thoughness" and "Static Blows"

or should i go to the buttom for "Strong Arm", "Steel Skin" and "Unwavering Stace"

And one more Question should i use "Endurance Cry" or better "Warlord's Mark", LS could be used as some kind of range skill, so i thought it would be better to use "Warlord's Mark" instead of "Endurance Cry".
"
Bratzell wrote:
i have a question to all LS Templers who read this. I dont know where i should go now with my skill points.

This is my current skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG14TERHJANiNNtPnwH6IAFE0EswJxMol35VfigW-ePE3YjHbsOClPgpsaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVcH1PfYBWGjJRYFnzrKpR5rQvQT8n7fPdcql82Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCku2WFXDdIhns2nMBQgUEcYkcmY

Should i head to the top, to "Galvanic Hammer", "Divine Thoughness" and "Static Blows"

or should i go to the buttom for "Strong Arm", "Steel Skin" and "Unwavering Stace"

And one more Question should i use "Endurance Cry" or better "Warlord's Mark", LS could be used as some kind of range skill, so i thought it would be better to use "Warlord's Mark" instead of "Endurance Cry".

i think that only shield mastery is not enough, you wont get so much chance to block attacks.
Last edited by kil0p on Feb 22, 2013, 6:18:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info