Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

"
Sarriss wrote:
Does anyone know how the reduced mana reservation works? If it's 10% and the skill reserves 60 is it 60/10 = 6 so 60 - 6 = 54 mana? If that's the case with %'s is it 25% - 10% = 15% reserved, or like the original 25%/10% = 2.5% 25 - 2.5 = 22.5% reserved? I have to assume it's that way right?

Your second guess is correct.
Edit: Oh wait you are talking about reservation. That one i don't know, thought you were talking about reduced mana gem in general. SRy.
Last edited by jaervson on Feb 7, 2013, 11:22:11 AM
Hi everyone, so I've been following this build fairly closely, and I've just hit act III at level 31. I'm using a two handed mace right now simply because it blows away anything else that I've come across, but I'm starting to hit a wall where I am just not doing enough damage to mob groups, and I just don't seem tanky enough as far as the rare/unique mobs I come across are concerned. Could I be doing something wrong, or am I just at a point where growing pains are expected?

Link to current skill build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0aOCNNJIsyiT0PQDZEckbXTdhX4l3Gd-V8u31TgW-ExIuMjHaQVZ48ogCnhLT5tobd8-Fz7DjtIPAf
this MACE
it`s good for Farm items ? i do whit she 2.4k dmg per 0,55 sec :D
Hi guys, great guide here fyi. I have a question about the bandit quest for Cruel difficulty.

What's the consensus on the reward? To go for the 12% dmg or the skill point? I took the 40hp on normal and now I am stuck on cruel. The global chat says that you can get 12% on a weapon or upgrade one to it but can't find a skill point. But I don't see a skillpoint to give me 12% on one go.

Help please :(
"
CoCo_Jumbo wrote:
this MACE
it`s good for Farm items ? i do whit she 2.4k dmg per 0,55 sec :D

How is that a good farm item? You get 30%+ reduced rarity of items AND experience. Not even a great boss killer as you get less XP and decent item drops from it.
Made myself a HC Templar after seeing your vid a few days ago. It'll be my first time playing a Templar, HC or even a shield and armor class for that matter.

I have however heavily modified the talent tree after reading through the thread and am currently looking for everyone's opinions and tips before proceeding. Like I said it'll be my first time trying a class like this so I'm not sure how big of a difference skipping the armor nodes would potentially make.

I've picked up IG and ZO for more effective LS and stun res. I've also relocated some of the health nodes from up north and the Mara tree to the slightly more effective ones next to IG. Same applies to Galvanic Hammer; I found almost the same damage nodes by IG.
I would be slightly overcapped in resistances (88%) but I could alternatively skip Diamond Skin and end up at 76% from passives.

Altered build.

So yeah, feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by phreec on Feb 7, 2013, 6:35:41 PM
"
Sarriss wrote:
"
notagain wrote:
So, I am new to the game, my Templar is level 19 right now. I have probably spent more time trying out builds on the passive tree than actually playing the game. Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on the build below. It's Mace/Shield LS and it seems strong to me but I want somebody more familiar with the high levels of the game to maybe offer an opinion on anything I might be missing.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot :). I tried to pick up the most efficient defensive stats I could find while going for the best mace/1h/weapon elemental damage nodes I could find. I want to be able to do decent damage while remaining relatively tanky.

EDIT: This is another build I am considering, it sacrifices some defense for an increase in lightning damage.

There is some wasted nodes with strength that were redundant plus you took a whole mace path which primarily adds accuracy which you don't need if you're using RT. I made it a little more traditional which you can look over and see if it helps you out at all. Obviously you can move it around and go for extra block (4%) reduced mana cost (15%) extra resist, reduced mana reduction (10%) or tons of extra life which you can take (28%) all very close to where you were.

Suggested Changes

Hope that helps!

Is there a reason why you didn't go with Iron Grip?
seems like a viable build ,ive done nearly the same things with mine, just having issues finding a suitable weapon right now,
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
The OP of this build has not really played this game much at all. To follow this build is certain doom...

If you want a good build figure out your own or use one of the top 10-20s on the HC ladders builds. This is a "Theory" build made by a person who really does not know jack about the game.
Fare warn for those of you who have not made it too far in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info