Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

Hey it`s me again!

I progressed pretty good so far. I got some nice drops that helped me going further. Reached merciless A1 now with level 60. dmg is good, 1300 1hand with shield and 1900 with 2hand.

however, I need here and then better resists to survive. 2300 armor currently.

my main problem currently is that I am lacking mana. I want to use wrath and clarity (stopped leveling clarity at level 11).

I got a new mace with IAS 22% which is burning my mana down even if i use only clarity without wrath.

any tips? I am following the OPs build but I got already some additional +max mana % nodes.

Just my thoughts on this build:

It's my first character, altho I changed build a bit. Focused bit more on block chance, armour (not ES) + ofc mace dmg, life, res... Also I took blood magic and never bothered with mana regen passives.

Atm lv 48, act 3 cruel.

~3.5k armor, 1k hp, 80% all res, 1.5k dps with LS (coz I have great weapon... lv 44 97-197 dmg + ele dmg and 20% + IAS).

And... offens eis just great. Everything dies really fast. Defence is well... from armor i got 60% reduction which imo is OK. 80% all res... and still I'm taking a lot of dmg. Prollz I need focus on block more )onlz 35% chance more, can have 50% in next few lvs and life.

Fun build, not boring coz its easy to die + fast leveling after lv 40 (blood magic + some life leech + LS with LMP makes miracles).
Sorry guys been SUPER busy with life. New girlfriend and new job so can't complain all that much :D

Made a video with ZiggyD(great Aussie guy who uploads awesome PoE content). Check it out if you want some fun discussion in the background while you play PoE. I'll be making an update on this build again this weekend and making a new video guide. Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the build!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV-9rECt0iM
Hey Healthy,

Been following your build and like it. What are your thoughts on the unique boots Wake of Destruction as a BIS for boots for this build?
ign lordcrixus
I'm a huge problem with the skill pass Energy Shield on Shield 30% increased Energy Shield from equipped shield , I'm not sure what this skill can help you build can someone please explain to me please?
"
Sarriss wrote:
"
notagain wrote:
So, I am new to the game, my Templar is level 19 right now. I have probably spent more time trying out builds on the passive tree than actually playing the game. Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on the build below. It's Mace/Shield LS and it seems strong to me but I want somebody more familiar with the high levels of the game to maybe offer an opinion on anything I might be missing.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot :). I tried to pick up the most efficient defensive stats I could find while going for the best mace/1h/weapon elemental damage nodes I could find. I want to be able to do decent damage while remaining relatively tanky.

EDIT: This is another build I am considering, it sacrifices some defense for an increase in lightning damage.

There is some wasted nodes with strength that were redundant plus you took a whole mace path which primarily adds accuracy which you don't need if you're using RT. I made it a little more traditional which you can look over and see if it helps you out at all. Obviously you can move it around and go for extra block (4%) reduced mana cost (15%) extra resist, reduced mana reduction (10%) or tons of extra life which you can take (28%) all very close to where you were.

Suggested Changes

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot, this actually affirms a lot of changes I made to my prospective build. I decided to skip the three elemental damage nodes at the beginning and sacrifice the 10% elemental resist for Galvanic Hammer.

Does anybody have a reasonable idea of what I should shoot for in regard to resists? Here is my revised build.

still getting completely destroyed solo with level 60 in a2 merci. 2800 armor, 70/50/50 resists.
_
Last edited by Dahakka on Feb 8, 2013, 8:10:42 AM
Does anyone know how the reduced mana reservation works? If it's 10% and the skill reserves 60 is it 60/10 = 6 so 60 - 6 = 54 mana? If that's the case with %'s is it 25% - 10% = 15% reserved, or like the original 25%/10% = 2.5% 25 - 2.5 = 22.5% reserved? I have to assume it's that way right?
"
danteafk wrote:
still getting completely destroyed solo with level 60 in a2 merci. 2800 armor, 70/50/50 resists.

Please danteafk, post your build and gear here, i'm lvl 37 atm and need some examples to study and analyze.

:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info