Summoners please read.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

Why is everything in this game balancing around abusing something? People don't like snapshotting minions. We do these things because you force us to in order to get the most out of a shitty situation.

Ideally if I play a summoner, I should have my support gems linked to a minion and when I summon it, it is as strong as it is going to be. No one would give a shit about having to grab all their minions on d/c or whatever if all we had to do was resummon them. Why can't summoning spectre's imprint that spectre gem similar to an mtx and we always get that spectre until we trade a scouring orb with the gem at a vendor?

I think there is too many "abuses" being balanced around in this game. Just get rid of them and balance the game how it should be.

ign: Vixien
Agreed with Vixien, this notion of doing or not doing something because there is an abuse of a mechanic is ridiculous. All that happens is that people realise they need to join the abuse bandwagon to have a reasonable time at the game.
By no fault of GGG, I spent a little over an hour summoning minions today to run 4 low level maps before I gave up and shelved my summoner. Without the ability to have summons, its a completely broken spec. Hell, i've never even tried to raise high level map spectres yet. Not sure if my zombies can take the damage at this point by themselves long enough to kill them.

That and Ive never seen a map over 74 drop, but thats a different story...

/SIGNED
/sign

However more pressing than persistent summons what I'd really like for them to give Summoners would be a way to command your summons. Simple attack/stay would be glorious. Being able to lure down mobs that you don't want to throw them into or target that one damned Allies are Invincible necromancer.
I dont know where should I /sigh
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The post quoted in this thread is not saying snapshotting is here to stay or how we want minions to always work. It's just pointing out a reason why simply removing the snapshotting causes other problems as well.

We're aware that snapshotting is a problem, but the knee-jerk reaction of just removing all snapshotting isn't particularly better, just bad in different ways. This is an issue we're trying to address long term, but finding the correct solution takes time and effort, and we'd rather do that than a quick fix that makes things just as bad* in different ways.

*This is my opinion, some members of the team have come to the conclusion that while still clearly non-ideal, the no-snapshotting case is still better. So that might still happena s a temporary measure at some point, which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

I appreciate all the thoughts you put into it, and I would like to point out while I agree snapshotting isn't ideal as is, the removal of snapshotting needs to come with minion rebalance. Minion Gems even 20/20 ones are a complete joke in 70+ maps without snapshotting, there needs to be additional methods to scale minion for end game map/boss(right now all summoner stack 5 or more aura as the only way to play in order to help minions not get wiped under 2 seconds). Unless you wish to trigger another massive backslash like the CoDT gem, the "nerf now, rebalance soon" stance will leave many people very very upset.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Last edited by thinkingofaname on Jan 21, 2014, 9:55:29 PM
"
vixien wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

Why is everything in this game balancing around abusing something? People don't like snapshotting minions. We do these things because you force us to in order to get the most out of a shitty situation.

Ideally if I play a summoner, I should have my support gems linked to a minion and when I summon it, it is as strong as it is going to be. No one would give a shit about having to grab all their minions on d/c or whatever if all we had to do was resummon them. Why can't summoning spectre's imprint that spectre gem similar to an mtx and we always get that spectre until we trade a scouring orb with the gem at a vendor?

I think there is too many "abuses" being balanced around in this game. Just get rid of them and balance the game how it should be.

No one is forcing you to do anying. Snapshotting gives an advantage so a lot of people do it, but no one is forcing them.
sounds good. /sign
"
mister_melon wrote:
This won't work either. If you gems level, there may be a mana increase. Do you suggest every time one of these gems level, your horde is disbanded.....

You are right, that would be cumbersome for reduced mana and blood magic, although rare. So it is enough that the active skill is nullified whenever the cost has increased as a result of change, addition or removal of a support gem and not just with a cost change.

Edit: In other words you look at the combined cost multiplier yielded by the support gems. And to avoid any float point shenanigans, there should be a small leeway for what is considered a cost multipler increase.

Edit2: Of course removing the active skill should remove summons, like it already does. :P
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 21, 2014, 10:15:36 PM
i like this post, /signed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info