Summoners please read.

The problem with summoners is that they are the most complicated spec to play at end game. And there is a horde of noobs who do nothing but piety runs that think that u don't need map specters to do end game maps at the speed other classes do with comparable gear and Lvl. So they spread misinformation and silly opinions but they understand about 10% of their class.
:)
Didnt know that Animate Guardian was finally made Log-Persistant

But as a player that never played a summoner in POE

I Sign this! as long as you trade snapshotting for it
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
lunaris/spectre of god spectres just explode.. i can survive high level maps only using evangelists that are very tanky and basically never die, protecting me.. the problem is that clear speed is not very good and they take years to kill the boss.. i mix in 1 BM but it dies to bosses every time..

any suggestion?
Please be mindful of forum rules about abusive language directed at other users, thanks guys.
"
gr00grams wrote:

That's fine. I can accept that, I read it wrong.
[removed by support]

Just calm down, and take a moment to breathe. Insulting him just antagonizes him and makes him want to insult you back. Its a vicious cycle that one of you has the chance to end before someone gets banned. Take the high road this time.

Jesus Micheal, I'm trying to be a good guy here, quit stealing my thunder.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Jan 30, 2014, 8:25:57 PM
"
paleguy wrote:
lunaris/spectre of god spectres just explode.. i can survive high level maps only using evangelists that are very tanky and basically never die, protecting me.. the problem is that clear speed is not very good and they take years to kill the boss.. i mix in 1 BM but it dies to bosses every time..

any suggestion?

Thats the one thing summoners have always had around here. They have great support, survivability, and resourcefulness, but they have terrible clear times. Its kinda something you have to grow accustomed to. Be thankful there isnt a time limit on the maps. or bosses.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:

Now, "explain like I'm five years old here", where was your point?! Did you have one at all?!
Yea, I didnt think so either.

You actually proved my point;

This is all a hell of your own making.
I steam-roll with any evangelists, or Tentacles, or whatever the hell other Specter I pickup. I don't make sure I've anything. I just see a dead one, get it, good to go. The end. If YOU can only suffice with the best, you're creating your own aggravation, and it's also impossible to maintain.

Stop blowing off everything that doesn't agree with your agenda as trolling.

With the new desecrate power, you can create corpses OF level, of any area you are in. This makes getting specters effortless. If you're in a map, hit desecrate a few times, and you have specters.

CHOOSING to micro-manage to the point it's aggravating you is not a fault of the game.

A lower level instance you enter lowers the level of specters to match. Think about that. Say you go get evangelists or whatever in a 72 map. You make sure you get a rare one, that is +2 level. Then you run a 71 map. Your specters are now set to level 71. Complaints about that next? Knowing this mechanic, it is pretty much impossible to maintain 'best' specters in this scenario you detail, unless you have endless amounts of areas the exact same or higher level, but the second you drop a level, all is lost.

For note, I'm not against the suggestion here, I personally don't care.
It should just be noted that this isn't really a game fault. It's micro-management to a point it aggravates the player, but it's also the players' own fault. It's not necessary.

EDIT*

In case this also wasn't picked up from what I put down;

The Eternal Labratory is an 'active' area set to level 66.
Every-time you enter that area with 'over-leveled' specters, guess what happens?
That make it clear? It is literally impossible to keep high level specters.

I did not read everything, because you dont put up any new argument except for the lvl which is not true at all.

So, you say, if you had a BiS (read: Best in Slot) like a BoR that not necessarily enables your build, but is just much better than your mediocre rare helmet, you would take the mediocre rare because the BoR would take you 2-3 minutes to get ready every time you log in?!
Sure you would do just that!

Go for the 2nd best because you can still live with it, sure.
Not to even speak of high maps...
Last edited by Taipion on Jan 30, 2014, 10:21:55 PM
We got amazing g clear speeds with map specters. But we can't get them reliably. Desecrate ground was the opportunity to adress this but ggg failed to do that.
:)
/signed by yours truly

Spoiler

I love pie.
"
Warzone129 wrote:
We got amazing g clear speeds with map specters. But we can't get them reliably. Desecrate ground was the opportunity to adress this but ggg failed to do that.

So i was right in my scepticism about desecrate skill :(
IGN: MankoBanzai | FatherOfRaiden | CemeteryOnMarch
Playtime: 19:00-00:00 GMT+3 (Russian standart time)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info