Summoners please read.

I wanted to create a thread to find out why GGG refuses to implement a feature allowing minions to persist if u log off or dc.

This feature already exists in Animate guardian.

This feature has been asked for by most summoners who run maps since the start of the game. Even people who summon from lunaris/solaris want this feature to save 10 minutes of bullshit every time these crapy servers decide its time to kick everyone. People who summon from maps waste half an hour and countless chaos to get their Burning miscreations only to dc.

And yet they still refuse.

Instead they spent time giving us a fucken homing fireball spell they call a minion.

If your a summoner and want this implemented in the game sign here so we can get GGG to at least respond. I tried posting something like this in general but the tossers from the forum police move all threads that don't praise the game in under 1 second.

EDIT: also would like a response as to why they thought it was a good idea not to let us take specters into pvp. Do they seriously expect us to pvp with the random trash mobs they give us to rez in the pvp rooms? Another thing that should have been added in this so called summoner patch, instead of giving new shit we don't have the room to socket anyway how about you fix whats broken atm.

:)
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 21, 2014, 5:44:29 AM
/signed

/flush
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
Would you trade snapshotting for persistent spectre login ? Because animate guardian doesn't work with snapshots. I wouldnt, and I doubt you would too.
"
grepman wrote:
Would you trade snapshotting for persistent spectre login ? Because animate guardian doesn't work with snapshots. I wouldnt, and I doubt you would too.

How is that relevant to this post.

So for them to implement something that should be in the game already, and every summoner has asked for, they must remove the only thing that makes u viable atm?

Summoners need this feature because it makes playing as summoner less tedious. As a summoner you should understands this already. This feature will not buff us in any way. If specters die then so be it. We are just asking to stop banging our head against a wall every time the game disconnects us which atm is many times a day.
Snapshot is an exploit, so, for me, yes: I'd trade snapshot for minions that don't disappear at log out.

/signed
IGN Liarath - My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/193850/highlight//page/1#p1686574
sounds good. /sign
/sign
I don't play a summoner and one of the reasons is this :(

I just don't want to have to spend 5minutes getting minions everytime I log in.

Maybe there is some kind of technical difficulty to implement it. I should imagine it would also be easily-buggable in some ways but hopefully GGG can answer your call or explain if its not as simple as some people think.

Generally, there is always a reason.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Edhelaneth wrote:
Snapshot is an exploit, so, for me, yes: I'd trade snapshot for minions that don't disappear at log out.

/signed

omg snapshotting is not an exploit GGG has already commented on this. EVERY gem in the game snapshots.

If I cast a fireball with GMP and then before the fireball hits I take out the GMP and put in Chain, the fireball wont chain when it hits the target!!!!!!!! (this is just an example all active skill gem work like this.) Only difference is minions last longer than a fireball does so its viable to take the time to swap the gems after casting them.

What would happen if they removed snapshotting? I would summon specters with no supports or lvl requirement then put in my supports after and then I would have super specters that I can swap supports whenever I wanted for whatever situation, without needing to recast them and they cost 5 mana to cast. Do you see the problem with removing snapshotting from the game?

All active skill gems use the snapshot mechanic its the basic principle of the game. Only people who don't understand how the game works think its an exploit.
i only summon. i am far more upset that we cannot pvp. or our main hand wep is bound to maps that most of us will never see. or that cod is removed from minion's instead of getting reworked. the 2 mins it takes to grab some BM's is about the last thing i think of when logging on these days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info