Summoners please read.

Mark can you guys please respond as to why summoners are not being allowed to pvp? You are trying to push tournaments out and you produce a summoner patch but you think that its more important to give us a fireball than to allow us to pvp?

:)
I still hope to see some kind of "container" gem to catch mob (or corpse, or it's soul whatever) into it (could be locked after use so to catch anoter mob u need another gem, or could be reusable - doesn't really matter). And then just link it to summon spectre with other supports as alternative to direct spectre summoning. A fair trade - loose 1 dps/hp support gem in skillchain but get rid of long hunt for specific mob type every time you logon or disconnected.
IGN: MankoBanzai | FatherOfRaiden | CemeteryOnMarch
Playtime: 19:00-00:00 GMT+3 (Russian standart time)
"
Steelunicorn wrote:
I still hope to see some kind of "container" gem to catch mob (or corpse, or it's soul whatever) into it (could be locked after use so to catch anoter mob u need another gem, or could be reusable - doesn't really matter). And then just link it to summon spectre with other supports as alternative to direct spectre summoning. A fair trade - loose 1 dps/hp support gem in skillchain but get rid of long hunt for specific mob type every time you logon or disconnected.

If you read what the new desecrate skill does, they say that it will spawn corpses on the gound for you that appropriate to the act or map. That means we wont need to go specter hunting any longer. That is if they choose to not troll us and give shit bodies spawning out of desecrate gem.

Not many people know about this because like usual GGG posted about it on Reddit instead of you know the game forums. Whats new......
I have never played a summoner, nor will I ever play one. But I like reading the forum to keep up with the hot topics. So in that line of thought can someone please explain what does "snapshotting" actually mean in PoE?
"
drakar8888 wrote:
I have never played a summoner, nor will I ever play one. But I like reading the forum to keep up with the hot topics. So in that line of thought can someone please explain what does "snapshotting" actually mean in PoE?

means summoning minions with certain support gems and gear on then removing those gems and putting other gems in those slot for example an aura and the minion still has the supports u summoned it with.
"
Warzone129 wrote:
If you read what the new desecrate skill does, they say that it will spawn corpses on the gound for you that appropriate to the act or map. That means we wont need to go specter hunting any longer. That is if they choose to not troll us and give shit bodies spawning out of desecrate gem.

Of course i know what will desecrated do but... I highlighted the important part for you. Even if there will be right corpses in predefined sets summoned by random (so you'll need to cast desecrated several times depending on your luck) you will still waste enough time to summon them it they come assorted.
"
Steelunicorn wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

Of course i know what will desecrated do but... I highlighted the important part for you. Even if there will be right corpses in predefined sets summoned by random (so you'll need to cast desecrated several times depending on your luck) you will still waste enough time to summon them it they come assorted.

If corpses that spwn are evang, BM, or tentacles, and they are the lvl of the map they spawn in it will be jackpot for summoners. But they will probly troll us and give us lvl 70 specters in 78 maps that are battle mages or something.
"
Warzone129 wrote:
If corpses that spwn are evang, BM, or tentacles, and they are the lvl of the map they spawn in it will be jackpot for summoners. But they will probly troll us and give us lvl 70 specters in 78 maps that are battle mages or something.

Archmages (arc-bitches) are in good synergy with BM due to their shock stacking ability. But i'd still prefer to have one well conserved and reusable rather than random spawned as corpse.
"
Steelunicorn wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

Archmages (arc-bitches) are in good synergy with BM due to their shock stacking ability. But i'd still prefer to have one well conserved and reusable rather than random spawned as corpse.

Even if u have to cast the spell a few times to get the right specter ( if they allow us those specters we want) it will only take a few seconds.

But whether this gem is trash or amazing will depend on if the bodies spawned correspond to the lvl of the map they are in. Even for low lvl maps a lvl 65 BM compared to a lvl 70 one is massive difference. And having BMs and evangelists freely available in every lvl 78 map that are lvl 78 will be the most amazing thing they will ever do for summoners.

Again this will depend if they troll us or not.
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 22, 2014, 5:06:13 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The post quoted in this thread is not saying snapshotting is here to stay or how we want minions to always work. It's just pointing out a reason why simply removing the snapshotting causes other problems as well.

We're aware that snapshotting is a problem, but the knee-jerk reaction of just removing all snapshotting isn't particularly better, just bad in different ways. This is an issue we're trying to address long term, but finding the correct solution takes time and effort, and we'd rather do that than a quick fix that makes things just as bad* in different ways.

*This is my opinion, some members of the team have come to the conclusion that while still clearly non-ideal, the no-snapshotting case is still better. So that might still happena s a temporary measure at some point, which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

Thank's for being clear on this. And your approach seems very reasonable. I myself would, as some of your collegues, think that there should be a no-snapshot quickfix while waiting for the perfect long-term solution ; but both points of view are really fine as long as you work on the problem.

On the other hand, I'm just a tad bit unsure of what you call "quick fix / short term / long term" ; since this problem is already acknoledged for more than a year, no ? If the "long term" solution needs 5 years to be found and implemented, many people (me including) will tire of playing PoE's summoner before this. This could just mean trying other builds ; but this could also mean churning to another game for those who love to play summoners in arpg. It's an important archetype with its very own play style, much like melee tank and ranged kyting chars are loved and hated by different players. Everyone must be able to do what he likes, and there are good reasons for those different archetypes to be present in almost all good arpgs.
Chris: "Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us".
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
Too bad they don't see how good the ARPG element of their game is...
Last edited by SibaSt on Jan 22, 2014, 5:33:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info