1.0.5b Patch Notes

Since the latest serverside patch I am having heaps of disconnects. I am also not able to exit to char selection at all. I need to quit the game and reload for it to even let me back in *sigh*
"
chosk80 wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
"
chosk80 wrote:
why the portal ??? damn it helps us using another character to play the screwed up maps if our current character cannot handle it ... jeez
Such abuse
Much cheating
Wow

how the hell is that considered cheating?
Do you even the what the hell is cheating.

So you feel it's ok to have 5-6 alts that can each cover only 2-3 map combinations by stacking a certain defense type while completly ignoring the other defenses, allowing them to focus the rest of the gear on dps? And with 5-6 such alts you can cover all possible combinations, with a fraction of the cost.

And that is not exploiting? Fortunatelly the devs have a much healthier vision for the game.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
At Drojdier

[/quote]So you feel it's ok to have 5-6 alts that can each cover only 2-3 map combinations by stacking a certain defense type while completly ignoring the other defenses, allowing them to focus the rest of the gear on dps? And with 5-6 such alts you can cover all possible combinations, with a fraction of the cost.

And that is not exploiting? Fortunatelly the devs have a much healthier vision for the game.[/quote]

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about defense.

What I meant in my post is if i have a ranger for example getting into a high level map.
Because the beastiary that is being spawn is impossible for me to do. I die twice.

Having log out of character screen and still have that portal up so i can get into the same map that i use while using a dual totem for example will allow me a chance to at least continue with the map and at least get a slight chance to farm another similar level map and not waste the map that was being made.

I have no idea what you meant by stack defense, using 2 or 3 alts , seriously what the hell are you talking about.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Last edited by chosk80 on Jan 23, 2014, 11:51:11 AM
I don't know what you're talking about what are you even talking about I don't understand that exploit because I've never used it so it's not really an exploit but really what are you talking about

/debate

I was thinking more in terms of being able to rush characters up to Ledge/Fellshrine/Docks by clearing the necessary obstacles, dropping a portal, logging into a different character and using the portals.
"
Bukariin wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about what are you even talking about I don't understand that exploit because I've never used it so it's not really an exploit but really what are you talking about

/debate

I was thinking more in terms of being able to rush characters up to Ledge/Fellshrine/Docks by clearing the necessary obstacles, dropping a portal, logging into a different character and using the portals.

Exactly its not even cheating / exploit thats why i was wondering why are you quoting its abuse and cheating in the first place?
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
"
chosk80 wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
"
chosk80 wrote:
why the portal ??? damn it helps us using another character to play the screwed up maps if our current character cannot handle it ... jeez
Such abuse
Much cheating
Wow

how the hell is that considered cheating?
Do you even the what the hell is cheating.
One man's exploit is another man's cheat!
Portals to town in the middle of a battle are exploits/cheats.
Quitting to the menu to return to town saving a portal or travel time (and more fighting if an area has reset) to a waypoint is an exploit/cheat.
Tailoring boss battles that don't relate to the minions of an area is a programming cheap... I mean a cheat shot. You all love 'em and use 'em so why complain?
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
Last edited by Ratsneve on Jan 26, 2014, 11:37:58 AM
"
Since the latest serverside patch I am having heaps of disconnects. I am also not able to exit to char selection at all. I need to quit the game and reload for it to even let me back in *sigh*

this
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Pretty lame to nerf Cast on Death with minions if characters were actually dying to pull it off.

Shame.

Two thirds of the exploits with Cast on Death involved minions. Getting super zombies by dying several times in non-hardcore leagues was not ideal, getting super minions without death was even more problematic.

Minions with Cast on Death is one of those things that would keep coming back to haunt us again and again.

We are considering a dedicated cast on minion death option.

in the short time i realized i could use cast on death minions, i took it to the next level by isolating burning miscreation corpses and flame sentinel corpses, and...
"
slutbags69 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Pretty lame to nerf Cast on Death with minions if characters were actually dying to pull it off.

Shame.

Two thirds of the exploits with Cast on Death involved minions. Getting super zombies by dying several times in non-hardcore leagues was not ideal, getting super minions without death was even more problematic.

Minions with Cast on Death is one of those things that would keep coming back to haunt us again and again.

We are considering a dedicated cast on minion death option.

in the short time i realized i could use cast on death minions, i took it to the next level by isolating burning miscreation corpses and flame sentinel corpses, and...

...what?
I think the mechanics of the Cast on Death gem need to be fixed with minions.

People abused the bug mechanics with it, yes, but that was relating to Raising a Zombie / Specter and gaining the bonus of CoD..... without the minion being dead. That is the key factor.

The gem should only trigger after your minion has died. Not before.

My thoughts of using the gem uniquely is another form of zombie explosions, discharge.
With the combination of minion instability, your minions dying would be useful.
Raise Zombie -> Cast on Death -> Discharge

A simple three link, with powerful results.

I've just started a summoner build, and thought about using this combination, but sadly realize it's not longer possible.

I've been struggling with minions surviving on tough boss fights, such as Dominus or Piety, or even Kole. Otherwise I've not had many problems while leveling. (Level 53 currently)

I hope this can be fixed and used properly and creatively.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info