Lost microtransactions and Closed Beta supporters who bought stash tabs

Thank you GGG!
"
"
Silatt wrote:
What I do have a problem with is the number of points offered in new packs. The fact that $5 and $10 packs offer less points per dollar than closed beta and the $20 pack offers no bonus points. Then the first pack that offers a bonus at $50 gives you 16 extra points. Nothing in the shop ends in a 6. Everything is a multiple of 5 or 10. If you're spending $50, you should get a completely usable number of points.

Of course you should get a completely usable number of points. Sadly, after all this time of claiming "ethical microtransactions", they decided to do the same generic greedy BS that every other F2P game does.

Between the high prices and nonsensical coin purchasing, they are on route to lose out on profits like every other game. Its getting kind of sad that developers can't learn from others mistakes after all these years.

inb4 troglodyte fanboy suggests I think GGG shouldn't make a profit

We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

If we wanted to be greedy then:
a) We would not have anchored the price at 10 points = $1 for all of Closed Beta (and the most popular $20 pack in Open Beta). Every single other company we found used weird ratios to try to make it confusing what things cost. Here we're happy to say that a 75 point effect is very close to $7.5.

b) We would offer more incentive for the higher packs. As it stands, it's just a few percent. We could have made it 20 points for each dollar for higher packs, but that'd reduce the value of points that Closed Beta members purchased for high packs.

Not to mention the whole free game with no pay-to-win, etc. I understand you're probably trolling me, but it's so frustrating to read this after doing literally everything we could to make it all fair.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Jonathan wrote:
I'd just like to remind everyone that the reason this will take a while is because our support staff are swamped.

We have moved several developers temporarily over to support in order to handle the extra load and are getting anyone we can to help but, but it's going to take a little while to flush the queue and hire more.

Please, hire me :D
Keep it up! Awesome communications as always! :- )

EDIT: and yes you were trolled, Chris! There's no pay-to-win here and people KNOW it, don't worry.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jan 25, 2013, 2:33:29 AM
"
Sadly, after all this time of claiming "ethical microtransactions", they decided to do the same generic greedy BS that every other F2P game does.

This is a free to play game with non-pay-to-win microtransactions. Essentially it is for three groups of people:

1. The vain.
2. Those who wish to support GGG
3. And the vain who wish to support GGG.

The pricing makes perfect sense to me. FYI, I fall into the third category.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
Wonderful to see such action taken so quickly!

Never had this problem myself, but I can see how common sense might not apply to some...

Either way, nice to know it's fixed, nice to know this is no longer problematic for the general public *lol

Good work GGG! No fooling, these guys are "on their shit" as humanly possible!
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
As usual, Chris is being amazing. I am glad to be part of such a wonderful game with awesome devs. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Thanks GGG. Always great to see how much you care about your community.
Thank you very much Chris for all the info. Very well explained!
I bought mine before OB, but I don't really care if I get the extra stash. Before I bought the items in microtransaction, I knew that they will have deals better than what I had before. I bought the supporter pack to support GGG. If in the process I get an incentive - great! But I won't knock on their door demanding a refund or a similar deal.
Last edited by euriel2008 on Jan 25, 2013, 2:52:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info