Lost microtransactions and Closed Beta supporters who bought stash tabs

"
Chris wrote:
We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

Go to the transactions page and add this quote to it. All complaints will vanish.
IRON MAN
You guys are setting a great example for what game developers should aspire to be. Keep it up, GGG!

Any news on paysafe chris :(?
Playing POE since 0.9.0
How many stash tabs should you have without buying any? Sorry I can't remember now.

I bought some a while ago and had 7 in total before the OB, does that mean I'm owed an extra one?
"
Chris wrote:
"
"
Silatt wrote:
What I do have a problem with is the number of points offered in new packs. The fact that $5 and $10 packs offer less points per dollar than closed beta and the $20 pack offers no bonus points. Then the first pack that offers a bonus at $50 gives you 16 extra points. Nothing in the shop ends in a 6. Everything is a multiple of 5 or 10. If you're spending $50, you should get a completely usable number of points.

Of course you should get a completely usable number of points. Sadly, after all this time of claiming "ethical microtransactions", they decided to do the same generic greedy BS that every other F2P game does.

Between the high prices and nonsensical coin purchasing, they are on route to lose out on profits like every other game. Its getting kind of sad that developers can't learn from others mistakes after all these years.

inb4 troglodyte fanboy suggests I think GGG shouldn't make a profit

We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

If we wanted to be greedy then:
a) We would not have anchored the price at 10 points = $1 for all of Closed Beta (and the most popular $20 pack in Open Beta). Every single other company we found used weird ratios to try to make it confusing what things cost. Here we're happy to say that a 75 point effect is very close to $7.5.

b) We would offer more incentive for the higher packs. As it stands, it's just a few percent. We could have made it 20 points for each dollar for higher packs, but that'd reduce the value of points that Closed Beta members purchased for high packs.

Not to mention the whole free game with no pay-to-win, etc. I understand you're probably trolling me, but it's so frustrating to read this after doing literally everything we could to make it all fair.

Please....Then why not let the $10 point package be $11 and give us the 100 points? You are trying to cheat people out of more money.
"
Dobster wrote:
How many stash tabs should you have without buying any? Sorry I can't remember now.

I bought some a while ago and had 7 in total before the OB, does that mean I'm owed an extra one?

a regular account with no purchased tabs has 4 tabs to start.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

This is great, thanks GGG. You rock <3
Chris about the micro transaction deleted thing, would be nice\needed to solve but about the stash tabs:

We all knew it would be different in OB, OUR choice to pre-purchase > no need to work that out at all IMO...
(bough some myself in CB and im 100% responsible)

heck of a launch guys at GGG

B+

Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Jan 25, 2013, 3:15:44 AM
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Go to the transactions page and add this quote to it. All complaints will vanish.

While it may help with the complaints, never under estimate people's ability to complain. I am frankly shocked and appalled at the amount of hate people have thrown GGG's way since open beta hit. This group of outstanding people who has worked for FREE for 5 years to get this game ready to release as a FREE TO PLAY game does not deserve this level of contempt. i was contemplating earlier while i was cooking, maybe there is a reason that the video gaming industry has no customer service standards - despite the developers bending over backwards the troll gamers will never be happy and always complain. Give them a free to play game and they are going to complain they can't buy it. Give them reasonably priced items and they are going to complain the points are priced weird. I'm of the opinion that half the people complaining are doing it to just see the uproar they can get out of it and never intend to buy anything.

I'm just shocked. Maybe GGG can over come this and not lose hope that people can turn over a new leaf and not be so damn demanding and rude but after the last day i'm just left shaking my head.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jan 25, 2013, 3:19:54 AM
I never quite played an online game much. But, as far as I follow PoE for about a year now, I'm astonished to see that GGG is, by far, the most community friendly, uncorrupt, well-valored company. Gee, does it feel good to play a game made for and only with passioned players.

Big love, GGG.
Last edited by Bootpants on Jan 25, 2013, 4:33:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info