Lost microtransactions and Closed Beta supporters who bought stash tabs

So, um, sorry to be that guy, but who exactly do I PM about the extra stash tab?
IGN: Iolar
GGG I'm Lost ..''-''
I can't believe people would complain about the stash tabs being cheaper when being bough in a bunch. Admittedly I complained when I found out that I'd have to upgrade all my tabs to premium but that ended up being completely reasonable and handled well by _GGG.

Thanks to all the devs for their hard work and having to put up with us cry babies. Hope you all are doing well.
IGN: HChawk
when can we expect an answer and how will we be informed?
I sent an email a couple of days ago.
just asking...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Chris wrote:
We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

I'm not a troll and this post isn't intended to be malicious or insinuate that you guys are evil. So far, GGG has done a fantastic job with the game and with the microtransactions. But, with the peculiar exchange rate for $5 and $10 purchases, I think there is an obvious problem. I want to make clear that your logic is faulty: the marginal cost on items you sell in the micr-transaction store is zero or near-zero. This means that, at worst, you only have to worry about transaction fees. In other words, any price scheme, as far as the exchange rate on points per dollar, will work. It's disingenuous to claim that a lower transaction fee (as a percentage of what has been paid) allows you to give more points.

Now, I've always argued that a better exchange rate on $5 and $10 transactions is not only less shady (as forcing players to have 1 or 6 leftover points appears scummy), but also prudent. There are going to be two types of players:

1) Those who can afford to spend more than $10
2) Those who can't

At an exchange rate like

$5 - 50 points
$10 - 100 points
$20 - 200 points

the players in 1) won't be affected. If they were planning on showing support, I don't think they are going to really be discouraged from spending more because of the price scheme. If, however, this turned out false, you could just set the $20 exchange rate at 215 points or something similar.

Anyway, those players in 2), I imagine, are less likely to spend anything at all. There is going to be some proportion of players who simply cannot afford to spend more than $5 and $10, and when they see that they are getting shafted by the silly price-points (which don't actually save you any money, as these transactions are all digital), they're less likely to spend anything at all.

For example, I have 150 points. I can't afford to spend more than $5, but I want to buy the bundle of six premium stash tabs. I see, however, that in order to do this I have to spend at least $10. Now, I'm discouraged because I am required to spend more than $5, but also because, unless I spend $20 (four times what I really need to pay), I get a lesser exchange rate on points that will necessarily result in leftovers. I'm more likely not to spend any money at all than I am to spend more!
Hello,

i have a slight problem with my bought Stash Tabs: i can't rename anymore my first stash tab (have upgraded the 4 standard tabs to premium). The later three i can rename still, only the first one is locked. Haalp!
Im stilla little concerned about the pricing of the 5 dollar and 10 dollar point bundles.
"
KalROFL wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

I'm not a troll and this post isn't intended to be malicious or insinuate that you guys are evil. So far, GGG has done a fantastic job with the game and with the microtransactions. But, with the peculiar exchange rate for $5 and $10 purchases, I think there is an obvious problem. I want to make clear that your logic is faulty: the marginal cost on items you sell in the micr-transaction store is zero or near-zero. This means that, at worst, you only have to worry about transaction fees. In other words, any price scheme, as far as the exchange rate on points per dollar, will work. It's disingenuous to claim that a lower transaction fee (as a percentage of what has been paid) allows you to give more points.

Now, I've always argued that a better exchange rate on $5 and $10 transactions is not only less shady (as forcing players to have 1 or 6 leftover points appears scummy), but also prudent. There are going to be two types of players:

1) Those who can afford to spend more than $10
2) Those who can't

At an exchange rate like

$5 - 50 points
$10 - 100 points
$20 - 200 points

the players in 1) won't be affected. If they were planning on showing support, I don't think they are going to really be discouraged from spending more because of the price scheme. If, however, this turned out false, you could just set the $20 exchange rate at 215 points or something similar.

Anyway, those players in 2), I imagine, are less likely to spend anything at all. There is going to be some proportion of players who simply cannot afford to spend more than $5 and $10, and when they see that they are getting shafted by the silly price-points (which don't actually save you any money, as these transactions are all digital), they're less likely to spend anything at all.

For example, I have 150 points. I can't afford to spend more than $5, but I want to buy the bundle of six premium stash tabs. I see, however, that in order to do this I have to spend at least $10. Now, I'm discouraged because I am required to spend more than $5, but also because, unless I spend $20 (four times what I really need to pay), I get a lesser exchange rate on points that will necessarily result in leftovers. I'm more likely not to spend any money at all than I am to spend more!

This guy is on the ball. There's no doubt GGG would make MORE money by allowing more sales of the smaller amounts. Who cares if you as a company get charged more, you still MAKE A PROFIT. But as it is right now, you're making it seems like 5 dollars and 10 dollars aren't enough for you guys to worry about.

Selling more smaller items than less big items is going to increase your revenue GGG!

I don't get less food from a restaurant because it costs them to accept credit cards as payment. Nor do they expect credit customers to pay more.
Last edited by folderpirate on Jan 27, 2013, 9:16:59 AM
"
folderpirate wrote:

This guy is on the ball. There's no doubt GGG would make MORE money by allowing more sales of the smaller amounts. Who cares if you as a company get charged more, you still MAKE A PROFIT. But as it is right now, you're making it seems like 5 dollars and 10 dollars aren't enough for you guys to worry about.

Selling more smaller items than less big items is going to increase your revenue GGG!

I don't get less food from a restaurant because it costs them to accept credit cards as payment. Nor do they expect credit customers to pay more.

Why should they care about people that don´t care about them (but probably they do).
If they earn less money they have to deal with it because it´s their decision.
That´s not your problem.

The truth is...there are two groups of players:

1) Players who don´t want anything from the shop
2) Players who want anything from the shop

The first group will not buy points no matter how many you offer them.
The second group may not buy when they don´t get enough points, but that means that they don´t get the items they want. So both sides lose.

Every shop offers you deals you can accept or refuse. If you don´t like their prices you can go to another shop and buy there. If a shop offers something exclusive you can also refuse a deal but you cannot buy it anywhere else. As long as they find other customers they are in a better position than you.

A few pages back i made a suggestion for a solution that could help.
But if things stay like they are it´s also ok for me.
I accept their decision as any other player has to.

They may not offer what you want, but their pricing is not unfair.
So stop complaining about not getting what you want for the price you want to pay.
This is not a bazaar.
Last edited by Firestorm on Jan 28, 2013, 7:33:35 AM
"
BRavich wrote:
So, um, sorry to be that guy, but who exactly do I PM about the extra stash tab?
IGN: Iolar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info