Lost microtransactions and Closed Beta supporters who bought stash tabs

Firestorm:

First of all, they should care about the free players, because they are playmates for the paying players. The more playmates the paying players have, the more likely they are to spend money.

Second of all, neither I, nor folderpirate, are saying it's our problem. We don't work for GGG. We are offering our input because (brace yourself for this one, as it's surprising news unless you're actually aware you're making a straw man argument)... it's a forum, genius. This place exists exactly so we can discuss the topic at hand.

Your little categorization (which avoids any sort of meaningful satire) has nothing to do with my point, which is, first of all, that it's a little scummy for GGG to set up their points in relation to the store so that there is always a remainder unless you spend more money. The second, more relevant point is that it's also in their best interest not to do this.

Of course there are players who will never purchase anything! That's not the point; the point is that GGG should be trying to maximize their total profits (within the framework of the business model they've planned, i.e., I'm not saying they should go Pay To Win). To do this, they need to incentivize larger payments, rather than doing the opposite to smaller payments. Because that only discourages those who would spend less anyway. It does nothing to those already willing to spend $20 or more; they were already going to spend that money! But those frugal people for whom $20 is significant are now even less likely to spend anything!

Bravich: either email support@grindinggear.com or compose a private message to support.
Last edited by KalROFL on Jan 27, 2013, 4:43:45 PM
It's a very normal business practice. Those who buy in bulk, get more for their money. Buy for a nickel, sell for a dime. It's how most functional economies work. Not sure what the big deal is.
"
Mandenthar wrote:
It's a very normal business practice. Those who buy in bulk, get more for their money. Buy for a nickel, sell for a dime. It's how most functional economies work. Not sure what the big deal is.

The issue isn't that you get more points per dollar when you spend more money. It's the relationship between the price of the microtransactions to the amount of currency you get; I would have no problem with a

$5 - 50 points
$10 - 100 points
$20 - 215 points

system, for example, which still satisfies that those who "buy in bulk, get more for their money." But, the way the system is set up now, you're guaranteed to have leftover points unless you spend at least $20. As I said, this is a little sketchy for a company touting "ethical microtransactions" and, more importantly, it's not good for business. A system where you're encouraging people to spend more, while at the same time not discouraging them from spending less, is going to make more money than a system where you simply discourage people from spending less. This is especially true given that the items in the shop have a marginal cost of zero (except for the only item which cannot be bought with points).
How about allowing a random amount of money to be spent on coins?

Let's say, a minimum of 5$, and a maximum of infinity.

Perhaps I want to buy items that total 375 coins and that's all I need... Should I get the 50$ pack for that? What do I do with the rest?

Instead, I'll enter the value 37.5 (or 38, ok, let's use integer numbers) in a form, and buy exactly 380 coins out of them.

Or if someone is filthy rich and want to support the game, they can buy coins for 20000$ if they really want to. (Even if they will never use them all...)

The weird packs are weird (to use a popular internet meme).
Never give up, never surrender !
"
wavetrex wrote:
How about allowing a random amount of money to be spent on coins?

Let's say, a minimum of 5$, and a maximum of infinity.

Perhaps I want to buy items that total 375 coins and that's all I need... Should I get the 50$ pack for that? What do I do with the rest?

Instead, I'll enter the value 37.5 (or 38, ok, let's use integer numbers) in a form, and buy exactly 380 coins out of them.

Or if someone is filthy rich and want to support the game, they can buy coins for 20000$ if they really want to. (Even if they will never use them all...)

The weird packs are weird (to use a popular internet meme).

Every F2P game i know sells packs of points...and millions of players buy them.
It´s not a perfect systems but it works for the companies and the players.

The system you suggest would be perfect for all players...let´s see if the shop will be like that one day. If it will not...there might be a reason for that.
"
wavetrex wrote:

You can keep them for future uses or buy some more tabs. Everyone love tabs.
"
Firestorm wrote:
Every F2P game i know sells packs of points...and millions of players buy them.
It´s not a perfect systems but it works for the companies and the players.

The system you suggest would be perfect for all players...let´s see if the shop will be like that one day. If it will not...there might be a reason for that.

Uber Entertainment's Super Monday Night Combat doesn't use points. They did initially, but fans said they didn't like it and Uber changed it to straight transactions.
Has the stash tabs been resolved already for anyone? Mine has not =(

However they are busy working on the servers and id rather be able to play for now then have the ability to color and rename my tabs. LMAO.

Whats the ETA on the stash tabs tho? I PM'd the support on the 23rd and the problem still is not resolved. Is PM'ing support still the preferred method of fixing this issue? (that's what I heard Chris said last)

Please verify proper protocol =)

Loving your game, patiently waiting... hope u fix it soon so i can start buying more stuff! =)

thanks
JPRO
Last edited by JPRO on Jan 28, 2013, 11:57:09 PM
"
JPRO wrote:
Has the stash tabs been resolved already for anyone? Mine has not =(

Mine has not too. I send PM to support and still wait.
mine neither. but i guess they are pretty busy with lotsa stuff atm and won't forget us.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info