"An unexpected disconnection occurred"

Well, the lowdown from our campus OIT was that each dorm has its own node. There's no high-security firewalls, just a very basic one. It's up to the individuals to keep their own electronics safe and clean. The only way they can see the campus network being an issue is if PoE is utilizing some obscure port that falls outside the range of normally used ports. They, and I, think this is highly unlikely.

Still waiting to hear back from GGG support. Fingers crossed.
If I can add a suggestion:

Some personal observations:

- Game doesn't like it if you're AFK then proceed later on. Applies to splash screen login, gameplay, in town etc....
- Game doesn't like it if you login to your account from pc #2 while logged in on pc #1.
- Shutting the game down during combat.
- If errors occur, completely restarting the game is required at times to access the game.
- Shut down other stuff like browsers and skype and torrents etc.....

For Windows 7 users only.

1.) Open your network connection and go to Status

2.) Go to Diagnose (yes even if your connection shows no problems), it's all automatic. It will reset and configure your router.

3.) Run the game fresh.

4.) Additionally a cold reboot never hurts. That means complete power down and turn on, not a restart from Windows! yes it's different. Note: rebooting will not perform the act Diagnose will go through.

This is merely a couple simple suggestions to try.

I'll update later if this actually stabilized my DC's.

UDATE

LOL ok the forums now say, 'WE ARE EXPERIENCING A REALM STABILITY ISSUE. WE ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING"

Solves that I guess.
He who controls space, controls Earth. "me"
Last edited by Shadowlorde on Jan 26, 2013, 3:06:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Hard reboots and limiting other bandwidth consuming programs were some of my first attempts, but others might not have thought to try them. I haven't had the chance to try Diagnosing, but I'll give it a go once the servers are stabilized.

Given that they listed it as a "realm stability" issue, I'm inclined to think that they mean that the realm servers themselves are having difficulty staying online, as opposed to individual cases of people being disconnected. But it never hurts to hope!

I'll check back in after they've fixed whatever's going on with the realms.
I managed to get this working by just adding "Client.exe" to windows Firewall exception list. Wasn't there by default. Had to browse to it and add it. Able to log in now.
Verified that it was on the list, still encountering the issue.

Alas.

I just want to be able to play, sadface. It's no fun having to run through the same cave five times just because you keep getting disconnected halfway through.
The same... I stop playing this "game"..... And if nothing gonna be better - I NOT RECOMEND TO ANYONE !!
Same problem here :|
Same goes here.
Unfortunately aside from the obvious doing the same area over and over hoping you will reach a waypoint in time I spend more time in queue now than actually playing the game.

Since i get this alot it could be a problem from my side.
Any response from GGG if they know whats up?
Ingame @Hammarturken
Same problem here. Did not have it in closed beta. I will stay away until it is fixed since I cant progress anymore.
I think they will do nothing until this "crap" be for money...
Last edited by gilo71 on Jan 27, 2013, 1:20:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info