Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

"An unexpected disconnection occurred"

I have the same issue, constant disconnects, no problems with other online games, really love this game too :(

Hope something can be done about it.
"
Pdog wrote:
I have the same problem, the devs seems not to give a crap, sad.

The whole point of open beta is to stress test the servers. The game has only been open a couple days, I'm sure they're very busy with so many players. Give them a break, I'm sure they will fix all the issues before release.
"
NosiFX wrote:

disconnected isnt a graphic problem so stop playing "the ugly", i have lag too.

Not sure I follow... I've tried playing on various graphics settings with the same result, I usually play on max though.

A potential solution was suggested, I tested it. You'd be surprised what can causes can be linked to various problems.

As it turns out, the suggestion didn't work, but it never hurts to try.
Last edited by swilstastic on Jan 25, 2013, 3:36:18 PM
"
swilstastic wrote:
"
NosiFX wrote:

disconnected isnt a graphic problem so stop playing "the ugly", i have lag too.

Not sure I follow... I've tried playing on various graphics settings with the same result, I usually play on max though.

A potential solution was suggested, I tested it. You'd be surprised what can causes can be linked to various problems.

As it turns out, the suggestion didn't work, but it never hurts to try.

gj you just speak for nothing, and no connection problem isnt a graphic problem.
Having the same DC problems as most people have reported.

Home from work and can not play... nooooo
"
NosiFX wrote:

gj you just speak for nothing, and no connection problem isnt a graphic problem.

If you're not going to be helpful, why would you bother posting here? Trolling the support forums is just low.

A graphics issue could, indeed, cause a disconnect. It is entirely possible that some specific aspect of our machines is having a bad interaction with the game and in some odd, totally unforeseeable way, is causing an issue in a seemingly unrelated aspect of the game (graphics -> connection, in this case). That's what bugs are. That's why some bugs are more difficult to pin down and fix than others. That's why coding is so difficult. You don't know what obscure thing you might break as a result of some other change.

In this case, the Shading folder and its contents don't appear to be the cause, but again, the cause is currently unknown (it's not an isolated case, as can be seen by multiple people coming here and commenting that they have the same problem) but it's also not a universal issue such as high server stress kicking everyone randomly (Especially in the #Global chat, most people will say that they have yet to disconnect even once).

There is obviously some problem here, and brainstorming can help to narrow the list down while we await a response from someone at GGG. When many of us have zero other connection issues outside of PoE (read: Our other internet-requiring services, e.g. a Skype Call, are not affected whenever our connection momentarily drops from PoE), but we continue to get frequently disconnected from the PoE servers, it likely extends beyond simply "get better internet lols".

To tie back to the original point, I would wholeheartedly agree with you that it was incredibly unlikely that a graphics issue was causing our connections to drop without crashing the client entirely. That's a stretch. But again, this thread is a brainstorm session. There was no harm done by testing the theory, while it effectively eliminated a possible cause (albeit an unlikely one). Now, I'm sure you'll disagree with me and respond as such, because it is clear that you and I do not see eye to eye. I'd be happy to continue to argue the point with you, because that will keep this thread, this issue, at the top of the page for both the public and the staff to see and hopefully raise some attention to it. So in that regard, I appreciate your bumps.
"
Halkatla wrote:
My issue is that I get disconnected ALL the time. When it happens I get this message: An unexpected disconnection occured.

The disconnection happens at random interval so I read this:

"At random intervals
This is a problem with your connection to our servers. Try changing your Gateway between America, Europe and Singapore. If all three are still resulting in disconnects, you’ll likely have to check the state of your router and contact your ISP about your connection problems".

The thing is, there is nothing wrong with my router, I have been in contact with my ISP and there is nothing wrong with my connection. I can play other games online just fine. And my friend whom I was supposed to play with have the same exact problem, and we dont even have the same type of router or IPS. (I have a DSL line 10/1, and he has fiber (100/100).

The problem still occurs when changing gateway from Europe to America or Singapore.

What could the problem be?

I really would like to play the game, but when I get disconnected every minute or so it's not possible..

Oh, and I also tried this: (Did not work, got DC'ed after 30seconds)

"
Go at the game folder and clear ShaderCache subfolder. I had the same problem, now haven't

UPDATE:

I would advise you all to contact your ISP.
The first time I called them they said that there was no problem with my router and connection, and that the problem had to be in the game. The guy I talked to was clearly incompetent. Because;

I called back a few hours later, just to make completely sure that the problem wasnt on my end. Well it was! This time the guy detected a problem at once! He did some testing, some restarting, and just like that the problem was gone. I have been able to play for hours without a single disconnect
"
Halkatla wrote:
UPDATE:

The first time I called them they said that there was no problem with my router and connection, and that the problem had to be in the game. The guy I talked to was clearly incompetent. Because;

I called back a few hours later, just to make completely sure that the problem wasnt on my end. Well it was! This time the guy detected a problem at once! He did some testing, some restarting, and just like that the problem was gone. I have been able to play for hours without a single disconnect

Great to hear that yours is working!

I'm on a college campus, so it's entirely possible that somewhere along the line (My tower > My router > Ethernet wall socket > Dormitory split > _____ > Campus Servers), there's an issue. I'm inclined to think otherwise, as I have zero other connection issues in other programs (Skype calls don't momentarily drop, I don't lose connection during Xbox Live games or during other online games on my computer, etc), but it is a possibility.

My next step will be to get some friends on campus to download and install it and see if they run into the same issues. If they do, it'll likely be a campus network issue rather than something on my computer or in the client itself. It would be odd, though, because I don't have to make any special changes to my network settings, router, firewal, etc, for any other games, but hey, that's what betas are for, right?
"
swilstastic wrote:
"
Halkatla wrote:
UPDATE:

Great to hear that yours is working!

I'm on a college campus, so it's entirely possible that somewhere along the line (My tower > My router > Ethernet wall socket > Dormitory split > _____ > Campus Servers), there's an issue. I'm inclined to think otherwise, as I have zero other connection issues in other programs (Skype calls don't momentarily drop, I don't lose connection during Xbox Live games or during other online games on my computer, etc), but it is a possibility.

My next step will be to get some friends on campus to download and install it and see if they run into the same issues. If they do, it'll likely be a campus network issue rather than something on my computer or in the client itself. It would be odd, though, because I don't have to make any special changes to my network settings, router, firewal, etc, for any other games, but hey, that's what betas are for, right?

Well, you know I was absolutely sure that the problem was not my connection as NO other programs had ANY problems at all! But it turned out that I was wrong, so it might be worth to check out :)
"
Halkatla wrote:

Well, you know I was absolutely sure that the problem was not my connection as NO other programs had ANY problems at all! But it turned out that I was wrong, so it might be worth to check out :)

I have to swing by the OIT office to get one of my devices on the WiFi (stupid web-authentication, can't just hop on it with my new Nook! Grumble!) so I'll ask them to look into this while I'm there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info