"An unexpected disconnection occurred"

I'm getting disconnected and sent to the login screen at a ridiculously high frequency. It is incredibly frustrating trying to progress, as I have to keep running across the same maps over and over from town. I'm getting D/C'ed in the range of once per five minutes or less.

I've restarted client. Global chat tells me that it's somehow something I'm doing wrong because if it doesn't happen to them, it's not a real issue, apparently.
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 5:37:12 PM
Are you using wireless LAN to connect to your router? If so, check your router to stick with a specific channel, preferably one which is not used by any overlapping wireless network. It can happen that the connection is lost when a channel is changed. Another thing I have made negative experience with, are settings for the network adapter which allow the system to power down that component. You should find that setting in an tab of the networking adapter in the Device Manager.

Anyway, I am just guessing too. Hope it helps! :)

Edit: Personal typo bug fixed.
Last edited by villevollust on Jan 24, 2013, 6:38:16 PM
I have the same , sometimes is good i can play 1 hour, sometime every 6-10 min disconnect.
No Wireless!

Killed Mervia (or what is called), drops a lot, i pick up some...warp to town, for sell and to come back...DC...all gone ;/

Greetings
Hardline connection, but I didn't mention that so the thought's appreciated. Other internet use doesn't seem to be affected during these disconnects (they're instantaneous, I can log right back in). Been playing other games just fine all day, as well.

I figured it might be server load being stressed, which would be a perfectly good reason so soon after launch and thus asked about it in #Global, but that's when I was met with the whole "It's not server load because I have yet to DC, get internet that doesn't drop when someone calls your house" comments, heh.
There is something you might want to try, but I have no clue if it helps with PoE connection issues. I only made good experiences with it in other online games.

Open the Advanced tab of your network card in the Device Manager. Any property which contains Check, sum, or offload should be set to disabled in its value field. Same goes for the setting of Priority&VLAN and any Green Ethernet settings (saving trees? yes, but not here.). Once applied, you will lose the connection because the NIC will re-initiate. These settings will most likely be reset during a driver update, so checking regularly is recommended. This, of course, is only valid if it helps. If not, just stick to the original settings.
I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
I have the same problem as you. Before the live beta patch I got booted only a few times and I always had already played for a few hours. It's quite annoying and I think perhaps it's their servers. I play other games like borderlands with other network programs like skype and such open at the same time no problem. I think perhaps their servers get overloaded at times and drop some people that have the lowest connections. If they're not gonna fix the problem they should at least tell people the minimum network requirements so that this doesn't happen.
Alas, just had two more disconnects.

...Could it possibly be that I actually have been getting booted for people stuck in the queue? I just realized that I never actually verified my account. Just did that, so time to test another theory.. heh.
Well, I made it 16 minutes without a disconnect... That's something, I suppose. Not a full fix, though.

Le sigh.
I have the same problem and it never happened before the open beta. I got D/C to the login screen about 20 times and I could log in with no problem. But now it's worse. I get D/C to the login screen, but the login screen is frozen and I have to do CTRL + ALT + DEL to close PoE. That's very frustrating... I hope it will get fixed soon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info