1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

IMO, Bloodless is more of a PvP thing.
why do you pick up 1h mace nodes?
"
Ubique383 wrote:
1h mace nodes

You sure such a thing exists in the tree? ;-)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
HermitAssix wrote:
Why skip Bloodless?
Any reason not to get it?

Any reason to get it?

There's little to no monsters in the game leeching life from you, and the ones that do leech (basically only blue/rare monsters "of the lamprey")... well, let them.
It's not like this is hurting. ;-)
To save one passive point when you eventually refund blood magic.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
HermitAssix wrote:
Why skip Bloodless?
Any reason not to get it?

Any reason to get it?

There's little to no monsters in the game leeching life from you, and the ones that do leech (basically only blue/rare monsters "of the lamprey")... well, let them.
It's not like this is hurting. ;-)
To save one passive point when you eventually refund blood magic.

I'm not sure how Bloodless is actually related to BM?

EDIT: I misread and thought you were answering the question as to why you would NOT skip it. Sorry, yes, if you want the Mace Damage nodes, it's the most efficient link in this build if you're not taking BM.
Last edited by debuskjt on Feb 13, 2014, 7:44:40 AM
Hey, I've been using this build for a few days as my first character to reach endgame. Currently I'm level 52 in Act 3 Merciless farming Ledge cause I'm really underleveled. All through cruel act 3 I was dying too much, I had to do all the bosses with a party. I can solo XP farm merciless Ledge as long as I dont fight Koduku or Cannibal boss. All my resists are in the red currently except for fire and lightning but they are sort of low. I only have 1700 HP and 1036 armor too and cant tank much of anything, I must rely on Decoy totem every mob. I followed the skill progression exactly the same so far, what am I missing?

Here is my current gear setup, all is self-found except for Geofri's, which I spent the little currency I had on.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Feb 13, 2014, 8:10:08 AM
"
drkuyleh wrote:
I have done some modification since my last post. I am now level 80.

Gear:

flasks:

I do all maps without too much effort.

Also some advice after following this guide:
1. Blood magic is OK in the leveling stage - after that drop it for Vaal Pact and get some good Life leech item prior doing so - like carnage heart in my case.

2. This also opens up for auras - I use hatred which is awsome.

3. I am going for "mana flow" to have two auras and also after that the odd damage and Life + armor nodes.

my current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUb-hznJd8n7Si1KS4qOC3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxAoEE_ROdGaUd-SshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qO2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu97jHy4fNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=

I need to ask you something about auras..im not able to run 2 auras.. well I have a lvl 20 reduced mana and quality of gem does not affect the mana reservation.. so a lvl 20 will do but even taking all the mana flow cricle, I have to take a reduced mana node to be able to reduce ground slam to 88 mana which is exactly the ammount of mana I have left after activating the 2 auras.. I mean, I can ground slam 1 time and thats it, mana regen/leech wont work as fast to be able to spam the skill.. heavy strike do so so .. I will post my ítems and current build, I do use grace to get crazy armour combined with iron reflexes.. but also would love to actívate hatred.. my heavy is 20k dps with no hatred and my ground is around 12k.. you mentioned you have over 25k dps heavy and 19k dps ground and I dont know how you do it.. would like some advice there too.. thanks

tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecS4RQgGS4aOBpVG8gb-iXfJ-0otSmlKjgt0jGeMgk1kjboOthAoEE_QzFE50ZpR35KyE3jTipQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qk2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu982YTZhO-I8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6cwp4SoGKlurFmsqrQvtfK2QbndvqfAD8AaxtjSIdJN1e3ZYd7B5K3nUuw47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=
set:

Last edited by msedek on Feb 14, 2014, 8:10:06 AM
"
msedek wrote:
"
drkuyleh wrote:

Gear:

flasks:

1. Blood magic is OK in the leveling stage - after that drop it for Vaal Pact and get some good Life leech item prior doing so - like carnage heart in my case.

3. I am going for "mana flow" to have two auras and also after that the odd damage and Life + armor nodes.

my current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUb-hznJd8n7Si1KS4qOC3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxAoEE_ROdGaUd-SshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qO2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu97jHy4fNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=

I need to ask you something about auras..im not able to run 2 auras.. well I have a lvl 20 reduced mana and quality of gem does not affect the mana reservation.. so a lvl 20 will do but even taking all the mana flow cricle, I have to take a reduced mana node to be able to reduce ground slam to 88 mana which is exactly the ammount of mana I have left after activating the 2 auras.. I mean, I can ground slam 1 time and thats it, mana regen/leech wont work as fast to be able to spam the skill.. heavy strike do so so .. I will post my ítems and current build, I do use grace to get crazy armour combined with iron reflexes.. but also would love to actívate hatred.. my heavy is 20k dps with no hatred and my ground is around 12k.. you mentioned you have over 25k dps heavy and 19k dps ground and I dont know how you do it.. would like some advice there too.. thanks

tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecS4RQgGS4aOBpVG8gb-iXfJ-0otSmlKjgt0jGeMgk1kjboOthAoEE_QzFE50ZpR35KyE3jTipQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qk2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu982YTZhO-I8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6cwp4SoGKlurFmsqrQvtfK2QbndvqfAD8AaxtjSIdJN1e3ZYd7B5K3nUuw47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=
set:

You have zero extra life on your gear. In order to have a good character you either use a high energy shield or high life. This build uses a high life as it's mitigation. So the only life you have is from strength and any life nodes and the 40 life from Oak. All of that is small compared to getting life on your gear.
very helpful mate
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
"
msedek wrote:
"
drkuyleh wrote:

Gear:

flasks:

my current tree:

tree:

set:

You have zero extra life on your gear. In order to have a good character you either use a high energy shield or high life. This build uses a high life as it's mitigation. So the only life you have is from strength and any life nodes and the 40 life from Oak. All of that is small compared to getting life on your gear.

I dont get your point? im not asking for survival.. im almost 3khp and not done with hp nodes.. but I dont die anyways... got all res maxed and grace+flask i go up to 32k armour.. dont see the point on getting life obn my gear.. if you dont die.. dont die no need more
Last edited by msedek on Feb 14, 2014, 11:09:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info