1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

You need some mana/mana regen on your stuff, and mana flows will also help, but even so I believe it won't be enough.
Calculate your skill mana cost/s and also your max mana leech/s which is capped at 12.5% of your max mana. You will then know how much mana you need to sustain your skills after your aura reservations. My guess is a typical mara with two auras can't sustain a 6l skill with multistrike and faster attack, this just uses too much mana/s.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I used basics of this build when I started my marauder. Didn't like a couple of things, and ended up with a build I absolutely love.

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w_MEtkUIBiRGS4aOBo-G_ohAiE0IVUl3yftKS4ppSr2MZ4yCTWSNug5DjrYOuE7Oz38QT9HfkrITdhN404qUEdQUFHmVElYY1ivWfNaGl8_YMRlTWdYapNsRm5pbqpybHKpeA17jHy4fNmE2YjxjHaMz5BVn8ukGaZXpmSnMKeEqW6rxayqtC-18rZBud2-ir6nwA_AGsEExtjJmNJN1I_V7dw93sHkredS52PsOO8O8azyL_JF8932SPe-_gr-jw==

Gear

Most expensive gear piece was the weapon @12c. Ming's heart was found.. but is definitely not necessary. No 5 link items and only cheapie quality gems - which actually help a LOT.

Self buffed stats:
HS DPS - 21.2k
GS DPS - 11.7k
Mana Leech - 2%
Life Leech - 9%

Armor - 16.7k (no endurance charges bc of IC being up most of the time)
HP - 4.1k
Unreserved Mana - 230/480
Resists - 77 / 77 / 77 / 47

I think for the amount I invested, I came out with a pretty awesome build, especially when I see ppl with multiple 5-6L items and 20%Q gems struggling to match the stats :)

Criticism and ideas for improvement are always welcome. Right now I'm looking for a quality (16-18) Molten Shell for the ignite chance. More deeps!
Last edited by j0zef on Feb 14, 2014, 12:33:43 PM
Jozef or anyone,

"Can you spare a penny, my brother", seriously, I need some advice. I smashed through all maps until map 72 with spiders.. I got crushed (talking about beating). Please if you can look at my gear and my skill nodes, I would be greatly obliged.

Stats:
HS: 16K
GS: 8K
Leech:2
Mana: 8 Armor 10K, 14 with buff
Life 4.7K
Mana 240/480
Resist: 75 all, except chaos -60

Passive Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtDjwPzBLhFCAUcRkuGjgaVRv6Jd8n7SkuMZ4yCTWSNug64T38QKBBP0d-SshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZ1hsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrvfLh82YTZhO-HaoiPiPGMz5BVnrmezZ_LouqkGaZXpmSnMKeEqW6sWayqtC-18rndvqfAGsbYyZjQR9Ih1I_ZYd7B4urkredS52PvDvIv8kX2SPcy977-Cv6P

Thanks,

Andy
Was it jungle valley ?

Eventually you need chaos res. the boss on this map does massive chaos damage. At the very least use an amethyst flask.

Links: remove Punishment, it's probably the most useless curse, and put Increased duration instead. You could also use a lower CodT on your enduring cry setup, to generate endurance charge faster.

As for the tree, I'd rather use that. Most important optim on this tree: refund 12% 2h damage node in the bottom area, take bloodless, refund all unneeded str nodes around, take 15% melee damage at marauder start. Elemental adaptation is also a must.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Thanks .. so much, will can do ... :)

Hi Andy,

Your tree isn't bad - but Panini did point out a few places where you can be better off. Only thing I'd add to his tree is do you really need those endurance charges (assuming you took bandit reward)? I rarely have more than 3-4 when my Immortal Call goes off. I'd refund all 3 of the endurance charge points.

As for gear - I see three problems.
1) You have 3 curses linked to CWDT. You can only have 1 at a time. Two of them have to go. Punishment is an awful curse, and is kind of obvious. You can replace it with either Increased Duration (as panini recommends), or with a Decoy totem - which helps take the heat off of you.
Warlord's mark is an interesting curse, however I stopped using it awhile ago. Generally speaking, your life leech is limited to 20% of your max life per second. Considering your DPS and life, you reach that limitation - so life leech doesnt do you any good. Do you struggle for mana? I'm guessing not, since you don't have any fast attacks linked. There goes the other benefit of Warlord's.. so the only thing you have left is extra End charge generation. Usually when you die, it's due to a few really hard hits - so the enemies are still alive. No kills = no endurance charges.

Which leaves Enfeeble, which is a good defensive curse. Or you can Run Vulnerability, which is the offensive variant I sometimes like.

2) You do need some chaos res. While most enemies don't do chaos damage, once you roll a bad map with Chaos snakes, or meet the boss that deals Chaos damage, they can kill you in 2-4 hits. Try to get Chaos res to at least break even. It's hard to do while also having IIR on gear.. But try. At the very least, you can't carry 3 armor flasks. You should definitely carry an Amethyst Flask with highest quality and hopefully some good side rolls. That way, if you meet a Chaos baddie, pop the flask and you'll have ~5 seconds of peace.
Let me give you an example - when I first came across Bramblemist (Wharf boss snake) with ~-30 chaos res, he would eat 1.5k hp in one shot. Now he kind of tickles.

3) Your CWDT setups are too close together. You need to have a very low level CWDT that will engage with the first big hit. A lot of people like to put the same CWDT+Enduring Cry+IC+Increased Duration on both setups, one at level ~4 (most popular), another at middle teens. If you saw, I went with slightly different setup. My idea was that when I get hit, I want to reduce the enemy's effectiveness - hence Enfeeble and Decoy. My second CWDT break point is much higher, and the idea behind it is "leave me alone and let me leech health back". This is where you'll find high level Molten Shell (absorbs damage), longer lasting Immortal Call, and my personal favorite - Frost Wall. Frost wall is great. Depending on who hit the damage point, it will either: a) Create a wall in front of the ranged attacker that prevents them from attacking again, or b) Pushes the melee attacker back away from you. The beauty of this pushback is that your ground slam attacks can still hit the enemies behind the wall. If you don't like Frost Wall, you can go with other popular mechanics - Increased Duration or Enduring Cry are great as well. I personally like to control when Enduring Cry is cast (with as many enemies as possible around me), thus I cast it manually.

Hope this helps. gl.
Last edited by j0zef on Feb 14, 2014, 3:25:50 PM
@msedek

"
I dont get your point? im not asking for survival.. im almost 3khp and not done with hp nodes.. but I dont die anyways... got all res maxed and grace+flask i go up to 32k armour.. dont see the point on getting life obn my gear.. if you dont die.. dont die no need more

Okay my bad because I thought you posted your current gear. Mind showing me your current gear because it becomes confusing on what gear you are using.

Also if the OP is wrong and you do not need extra life on your gear then all of the other players here are doing it wrong. See where I am confused, I need to see your current gear that will appear as verified so I can see how much extra life from your gear that you are getting. Then I can see why you are saying what you said above.
Any help for my build?

I'm level 60, ready to push through Lunaris to Piety. My kill speed is rapidly dropping. (Multiple HS required to take down white mobs, etc.)

My build at 60:

Gear at 60:

HS: ~5k
GS: ~2.5k (yuck)

The weapon was amazing in the early 50s, but its power is dropping off. I only have about half an exalt worth of chaos orbs, so things like getting a Carnage Heart, some new uber weapon, etc. isn't very likely. I see sub-400 rare 2h maces going for seemingly ridiculous prices right now.

I tried replacing my Added Fire Damage gem (on GS) with Multistrike, and wasn't impressed with the results. I'm guessing Multistrike is only worth going for when I can get a 5L?

The armor situation is a bit iffy too. I'm not having significant trouble surviving, what with 2900 HP and plenty of life leech/life on hit... but base phys reduction is only 38%. I've looked at replacing the gloves, but that's gonna be a harsh DPS loss (10% attack speed and 5-10 phys damage added).

Any advice on the build? Resists are capped, and I could REALLY go for some more damage...

I don't have gear to make Mana+auras viable yet. (?)
Last edited by SpidaFly on Feb 14, 2014, 6:45:06 PM
I'd say just level :p. 60 is still early and things will get better with 10-15 more levels (which are still fast to get, things get sensibly slower after 75-78).
A little optim for the tree: refund 12% 2h damage below the mace damage and life and take bloodless, then refund the remaining 10 str node that connect to mace and life, as well as Executioner and finally take the two mace and armor nodes before Skull Cracking which will then be available for your next level.

Regarding the gear, your maul is still fine, I do maps up to 69-70 with this one which is only marginally better:

I could do with a better one though ;)
You should however look for a rustic sash belt, because of its implicit mod. You should also look for resistances on your boots, then upgrade your amulet to get some serious flat damage.
As for multistrike, it's still an upgrade. Also you need to test with gem of equal level. I do like it very much personnaly, at least because it allows me to perma stun many mobs, and not only white ones.
Can this build solo end game maps? I'm at level 68 now and can't even solo a white level 66 map. I must be in a party to do any maps and then I mostly play as a support role, with my curse and totem and letting the high DPS players carry me.

If the build can solo maps, can someone tell me what the DPS should be for HS and GS, and also appropriate amount of Armor and HP for a level 68 character?
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info