1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
kevro53 wrote:
Ahh ok thanks, I will go back and grind, so a follow up newbie question then. Does being lower then the monster level negate your defences, like "crushing blows" in some other games?

Not sure the mechanics but if you try a 61 zone at 59 and then a 57 zone you should see a big difference in the damage you are taking. Of course it varies by the kind of mob as well. A3 has many of the most damaging mobs.
"
kevro53 wrote:
"

I think your gear, particularly your weapon, is the problem. You should be able to do better than a 238 max damage weapon for a few chaos if you're willing to trade. Also your level is a bit low I think, my marauder is at level 58 at the start of act 2 merciless. Build seems fine.

Here's my weapon at 58, I think it's a bit weak but is better than what you're using:

edit:
On second thought I think it's mostly your level. Even City of Sarn will have monsters two levels above you. I personally like to out-level content especially on Merciless ... if I were you I would go back and grind some easy zones until level 63 or so and then try act 3 again.

Ahh ok thanks, I will go back and grind, so a follow up newbie question then. Does being lower then the monster level negate your defences, like "crushing blows" in some other games?

A3 does a lot of physical damage, too. It looks like your strength is pretty low, which would be why white mobs might be hitting pretty hard--they can pierce your armor.

Armor isn't super important, but ignoring it completely with a melee build can be suicide.
Last edited by debuskjt on Feb 5, 2014, 6:04:36 PM
Hey , guys i have 1 questions i need to find answer

Is this build viable with a Marohi Erqi mace + BoR helm (meaning no chest piece) ? My main char is a level 87 Cyclone - Duelist based on BoR , but i want to try this build also moving some gear from my Duelist to this one , BoR , gloves , boots , belt maybe even some jewelry

I was lucky to drop few days ago a Marohi Erqi , 250% perfect dmg roll , so i thought that if i don't manage to sell it soon to use it at least in trying a Ground Slam Marauder build like this one

So what do you say will it work this build + BoR + Marohi Erqi ?

Thank you for your advises in advance !!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 7, 2014, 9:06:22 AM
If a build works for selffound newbs, why shouldnt it for BoR + Marohi Erqi?

Depending on your gear, you should skip all the resist nodes and go for more damage/life.
And skip Bloodmagic for 2 Auras + Manaleech/Bloodmagic Gem.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I have done some modification since my last post. I am now level 80.

Gear:

flasks:

I do all maps without too much effort.

Also some advice after following this guide:
1. Blood magic is OK in the leveling stage - after that drop it for Vaal Pact and get some good Life leech item prior doing so - like carnage heart in my case.

2. This also opens up for auras - I use hatred which is awsome.

3. I am going for "mana flow" to have two auras and also after that the odd damage and Life + armor nodes.

my current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUb-hznJd8n7Si1KS4qOC3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxAoEE_ROdGaUd-SshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qO2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu97jHy4fNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=
"
Peterlerock wrote:
If a build works for selffound newbs, why shouldnt it for BoR + Marohi Erqi?

Depending on your gear, you should skip all the resist nodes and go for more damage/life.
And skip Bloodmagic for 2 Auras + Manaleech/Bloodmagic Gem.

Since new players just do not know about things like the importance of resistance, accuracy, etc... This build helps them learn those things and more. Then in the late game they will be able to transition to the build that they want using the refund points earned along with any orbs of regret that they have earned.

That means that this build is not meant to be the highest dps build. It is a good build that does not require expensive gear and is easy to build. There are no doubt many cookie cutter builds that are super strong dps and survivability that could blow this one out of the water. But those builds might also need expensive gear to pull them off.
?Why do you tell me this stuff?

lilianmarius asked if this build will work with Marohi Erqi and BoR, and I said: Yes of course, if it works selffound, it will even work better with uber gear.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
drkuyleh wrote:

Gear:

flasks:

1. Blood magic is OK in the leveling stage - after that drop it for Vaal Pact and get some good Life leech item prior doing so - like carnage heart in my case.

3. I am going for "mana flow" to have two auras and also after that the odd damage and Life + armor nodes.

my current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUb-hznJd8n7Si1KS4qOC3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxAoEE_ROdGaUd-SshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNah5qO2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu97jHy4fNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vTvIv8932SPe-_o8=

I have to ask a question since you say that you are level 80 and I see you have 20 points left to earn. That means you have 100 points earned and spent. I have to ask did you decide to kill all in cruel? Because if you did then you passed up an 18% boost to damage from Oak if you did that.
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
"
drkuyleh wrote:

Gear:

flasks:

my current tree:

I have to ask a question since you say that you are level 80 and I see you have 20 points left to earn. That means you have 100 points earned and spent. I have to ask did you decide to kill all in cruel? Because if you did then you passed up an 18% boost to damage from Oak if you did that.

Correct - I did pass up 18% phys dmg, which I regret a bit now. But to be honest more damage is not my problem when it comes to speed and damage I am pleased (~25K Heavy strike ~19K Ground Slam), now I beefing up defence.
@drkuyleh : you can save one passive point by taking Bloodless, then refund the two 10 str nodes needed to go to Mace damage and life.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info