1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

So I've gotten to level 56 but am unhappy with a few things with this build:
1. I have a lot of good resistance pieces, but not many good dexterity pieces, so my stash is kind of out of sync with this build
2. Likewise I have a lot of good pieces with evasion that I can't put to full use because this build lacks Iron Reflexes
3. I want to try Vaal Pact

What do you all think of this passive tree tweak to pick up Vaal Pact and Iron Reflexes?
Intermediate

End-game
Last edited by litmusdragon on Feb 4, 2014, 1:37:21 PM
It's a basis of all builds that your have to adapt the tree to your needs.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
It's a basis of all builds that your have to adapt the tree to your needs.

Cool :) My first time tweaking a build so I wasn't sure if I missed something obvious.
Actually, your changes aren't that good. You spend many points to reach Iron reflexe by the upper side. I would have been cheaper to just move on the right, below the duelist starting area. Also if you need dext, just take Quickness, and same for intelligence with Hard Knocks.

So here's a better intermediate version.

You can also see that I took 15% melee damage at marauder start which is better than the scion one, because this way you can refund scion resistences whenever you want, and you get more damage sooner too.
And yes, you don't have anymore access to those 4x8% life node that you take in the end game tree, but you should rather go for life in the templar area, you'll get more, especially with Discipline and Training, and there's Enforcer and Amplify too. It's longer to get there though.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"

I find it interesting that you invest a lot to go around the golem's/troll's blood and other life regen nodes just because you use Vaal's Pact.

Is Vaal Pact really worth it?

I love these passive Liferegen nodes, and I love them even more when Blood Magic is involved.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Actually, your changes aren't that good. You spend many points to reach Iron reflexe by the upper side. I would have been cheaper to just move on the right, below the duelist starting area. Also if you need dext, just take Quickness, and same for intelligence with Hard Knocks.

You can also see that I took 15% melee damage at marauder start which is better than the scion one, because this way you can refund scion resistences whenever you want, and you get more damage sooner too.
And yes, you don't have anymore access to those 4x8% life node that you take in the end game tree, but you should rather go for life in the templar area, you'll get more, especially with Discipline and Training, and there's Enforcer and Amplify too. It's longer to get there though.

1. You are right
2. Already spent my respec points and bought some regret orbs to spec the other way before reading your post

So feeling alternately grateful for the advice but frustrated at the wasted currency.

Here's the build I am going to shoot for now.
Last edited by litmusdragon on Feb 5, 2014, 2:57:26 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I find it interesting that you invest a lot to go around the golem's/troll's blood and other life regen nodes just because you use Vaal's Pact.

Is Vaal Pact really worth it?

I love these passive Liferegen nodes, and I love them even more when Blood Magic is involved.

I guess it depends if you want to use Vaal pact or not. It seems to have helped my ability to facetank greatly.
Quite new to the game, this is my second character. I have been following this guide pretty much to the letter and so far the game has been a breeze. Until I hit act 3 merciless. Now I am getting annihilated in seconds right near the start of the act.

I have my resists to cap and about 2.5k hp,and I have felt fine in terms of tankyness right up to this point. I am poor currency wise, so have not been able to get all the links I need.

I am level 59 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Just feels like I hit brick wall. Do I need to go back to act 2 and grind some levels and gear?

Any help would be appreciated.

Build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLhpVHOcg8CftMgk1kjboQKBBP0GqROdKyE3jUEdQUFHmVElXDVhjWK9fP2BLYSFko2oeajtsRm6qcmxyqXTteA1673zZguSE74dqiI-Kr4zPkBGeuZ7Nn8ui6qZkpzCoGKlurKq0L7Xyud2-vMbYyZjQR9Ih2WHfv-dS7w7yL_ZI_o8=

Gear:

Spoiler
"
kevro53 wrote:
Quite new to the game, this is my second character. I have been following this guide pretty much to the letter and so far the game has been a breeze. Until I hit act 3 merciless. Now I am getting annihilated in seconds right near the start of the act.

I have my resists to cap and about 2.5k hp,and I have felt fine in terms of tankyness right up to this point. I am poor currency wise, so have not been able to get all the links I need.

I am level 59 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Just feels like I hit brick wall. Do I need to go back to act 2 and grind some levels and gear?

Any help would be appreciated.

I think your gear, particularly your weapon, is the problem. You should be able to do better than a 238 max damage weapon for a few chaos if you're willing to trade. Also your level is a bit low I think, my marauder is at level 58 at the start of act 2 merciless. Build seems fine.

Here's my weapon at 58, I think it's a bit weak but is better than what you're using:

edit:
On second thought I think it's mostly your level. Even City of Sarn will have monsters two levels above you. I personally like to out-level content especially on Merciless ... if I were you I would go back and grind some easy zones until level 63 or so and then try act 3 again.
Last edited by litmusdragon on Feb 5, 2014, 3:29:15 PM
"

I think your gear, particularly your weapon, is the problem. You should be able to do better than a 238 max damage weapon for a few chaos if you're willing to trade. Also your level is a bit low I think, my marauder is at level 58 at the start of act 2 merciless. Build seems fine.

Here's my weapon at 58, I think it's a bit weak but is better than what you're using:

edit:
On second thought I think it's mostly your level. Even City of Sarn will have monsters two levels above you. I personally like to out-level content especially on Merciless ... if I were you I would go back and grind some easy zones until level 63 or so and then try act 3 again.

Ahh ok thanks, I will go back and grind, so a follow up newbie question then. Does being lower then the monster level negate your defences, like "crushing blows" in some other games?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info