1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Why not use a BoR?? Wouldn't the mass blind attached to Ground Slam be kick ass?
"
swooks wrote:
Why not use a BoR?? Wouldn't the mass blind attached to Ground Slam be kick ass?

Bringer of Rain is the "poor man's" helm (yes, I realize how crazy that sounds considering how much it costs). You're better off with a regular helm/Abyssus plus a 6L because you can level the gems higher and ultimately do more damage. But 6Ls, aside from Tabula Rasa (which I actually use and it is awesome if you're on a budget, as long as you can get your resistances up), are far more expensive than a Bringer of Rain, so people often go with the cheaper option. Blind kinda sucks, especially when you kill off enemies so quickly.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
OK is it possible to make this mauruder viable to soloing all late maps and all bosses? I mean Hulk, Piety, and all lvl 75-78 maps with almost all mods? Here is my char and i dont upgrade him much until now and i just die too often on late rare maps.

Trees :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUhAiFVJd8n7SkuKvYxnjH7Mgk1kjboOQ464T38QT9HfkrITeNQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXzlfP2BLYSFko2VNZ1hsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrve4x8uHzZhNmE74cph2qIj4jxjM-QVZBskc6ZK5uDns2fy6ZXpmSnMKeEqW6plKxZrKq0L7Xyud29gb6nwA_AGsbYyZjKkNIh0k3Uj9lh3D3d497B5K3nUudj7w7yRfPd9kj3vv4K_o8=

Gear :

And here goes question if i upgrade him it can be possibly viable to run all maps all bosses almost all mods? I got like 100ex to spend and just want to know if its not better idea to run some duelist with bor and soul taker or some other build.
PLZ Help :)

» Your main statistics (as for Marauder) is STR, and you won’t need INT nor DEX
» Your gems are all STR based!

And in the skill gem section, you propose to add the dex gem faster attack who need 52 dex level 1 and with your tree, we only have 24.
I have just enough dex with my gear to use it, but later would it be better to add more dex in my tree or simply use this gem level 1 ?

Thanks for your guide ;)
I have been using this build and am currently 49 heading towards domi on cruel mode. Have managed to stand tank every boss so far without an issue except 1 scare with piety cruel where she dropped me to 20% for a second. Wanted to say thankyou for the great build and tell you I am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

This is my current weapon

and my chest piece until I find better is

What I would like to know is, is my current weapon going to hold up until I can find or slot/link my own Marohi or should I switch to
at the appropriate level?

Also why don't people use

It appears to be 25% of your base life not your total life and I only loose about 40life when I put it on but it makes for a huge damage buff.
Last edited by sinaty on Jan 31, 2014, 7:38:29 PM
"
Sa7v3N wrote:
Hi, I have some questions, at start you said :

» Your main statistics (as for Marauder) is STR, and you won’t need INT nor DEX
» Your gems are all STR based!

And in the skill gem section, you propose to add the dex gem faster attack who need 52 dex level 1 and with your tree, we only have 24.
I have just enough dex with my gear to use it, but later would it be better to add more dex in my tree or simply use this gem level 1 ?

Thanks for your guide ;)

Usually most players get the needed dex for faster attacks from gear like a Carnage Heart unique amulet. Also nodes like Hard knocks can help as well.
"
sinaty wrote:
I have been using this build and am currently 49 heading towards domi on cruel mode. Have managed to stand tank every boss so far without an issue except 1 scare with piety cruel where she dropped me to 20% for a second. Wanted to say thankyou for the great build and tell you I am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

This is my current weapon

and my chest piece until I find better is

What I would like to know is, is my current weapon going to hold up until I can find or slot/link my own Marohi or should I switch to
at the appropriate level?

Also why don't people use

It appears to be 25% of your base life not your total life and I only loose about 40life when I put it on but it makes for a huge damage buff.

Actually players do use carnage heart you just have not seen some of the posts in this thread.
My ground slam marauder - do all maps with ease. Use Vaal Pact - most OP passive ever.

flasks

This guide is awesome - did some tweaks to it in the end adding Vaal Pact (should be there and recommendation to stack Life leech)

Hello!
first of all thanks for this guide and useful comments. It my first character which made it past 40 lvl :-) I have a question somewhere on page 330 I found this:

Spoiler
You haven't listed your over the 77% cap resistances, the number in the brackets ( ) right next to it. Two immediate changes:

1) Replace Leech on GS and HS with Multi Strike gems. Find ~lvl 15 ones to skip leveling them. Multi Strike changes a bit the playstyle of the character, forcing you to attack in rounds of 3. It's annoying in the start but you will get to used to it and learn to play around that. It's a big boost in dps, it's needed. Leech is covered by Carnage and the 2% from passive tree.

2) Forget the original tree. There is only the current one (what you use at the moment) and your end goal, which should look to something like this (lvl85 goal, main points reaching Amplify on the north and Leather and Steel on the east). Respec the current one to this. Removing two 12% pdmg (weak, need more than 12% to be good), increased charge duration (no need for it, if there's need auto cwdt will refresh it) and unwavering stance (better to have a ~10% to dodge attacks than stun immunity which barely ever happens in this stage of the game due to how stun works) and gaining 15% pdmg, 10% pdmg+10%armor and progress your end goal of reaching Amplify by getting Faith and Steel (8% Armor, 20% Armor+8%Ele Res.

After these two things get tougher, you will be needing careful planning and currency to respec 15-20 points and buy items. Main goal is to minimize the points you use for elemental resistances, replace that from items and use the saved points to make the char stronger. That's why I wanted to see your real ele res numbers to get a grasp of how much room you got there.

Anyway, first big respec should be this. Replace 8 points for 5. If you cover those resistances items with items you lose nothing except the crit dmg reduction which is nothing. You gain 43% Armor, 2% mov speed, 30 STR and on top of that you get 3 "free" points to spend. It's obvious how much worth it the respec is.

Second respec and the biggest is this. Replace 11 points for 12. Lose 40 STR, 10 Dex, 1 End Charge, 28% Life, 1.5% Regen, 12% All Res. Gain 30 STR, 20 DEX, 10 INT, 84% Armor, little evasion, 26% Life, 12% Attack Speed, no mov speed penalty. Main losses are the All Res and the End Charge. If you can cover that all res loss from gear this change is very beneficial too. More dex and int to help in gem requirements, a ton of armor that synergizes very well with end game high armor gear and granite potions, huge attack speed boost (roughly equal to 40% increased phys dmg from passive points) and finally the removal of the movement speed penalty which is a lot end game with the high armor pieces. You will notice a lot the last change if you have boots with mov speed, specially max roll 25% or 30%. Needless to say how important mov speed is both for clearing faster and survival reasons.

Third respec is the smallest and not that important. It's 4 points on the north of Sentinel which provide 18% All res and 15% pDMG. Those 4 points are actually very effective but if you have the max res already you can remove them and use them elsewhere.

I'd like to ask if this somewhat actual eg. if its worth to go for Amplify and Leather and steel. I did some calculations and it seems that I can get rid off those 6 resistance nodes in mara start area however I'm not sure about that respec and want ask if it's really good thing to do (have to buy around 10 respec points)

my gear is:
Spoiler

my current passive tree is:

thanks for any usefull comment!
"
drkuyleh wrote:
My ground slam marauder - do all maps with ease. Use Vaal Pact - most OP passive ever.

flasks

This guide is awesome - did some tweaks to it in the end adding Vaal Pact (should be there and recommendation to stack Life leech)

PLZ link your passive tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info