1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Great guide indeed! ill use the infos for a try in a Marauder!
Thanks for the guide! I`ve started to play this month and it helped a lot. I`m basicly playing this build now, with a lvl48 Marauder.
I`m having a lot of trouble now in act 2 cruel, even 5 levels above the maps. Pretty much any pack of blues make me run a little. I died about 5 times at the giant spider, and even had A LOT of trouble with a yellow monster (those giant worms that come from the ground) cause it had regen life and leech life mods, so it kept healing...
Anyway, is this normal, is it really supposed to be this difficult? Or am I just not playing well? I feel like playing a melee is tough cause I cant keep my distance, so I have to take the hits.
"
eladir wrote:
@Dacar92
Besides Tree and Items it would be good to list basic numbers (Life/Real Resistances()/phys dmg % reduction/HS,GS DPS/Leech)

End content is pretty hard, you probably need to grind some levels and do them with some levels advantage. That's what I did at least. So say grind Docks till level 70 (solo or party w/e you prefer) and then grind a couple more levels in Catacombs and then kill and Farm Piety/do level 66-67 Maps/grind Catacombs and ~75 kill Dominus.

Tree swap to this asap. Removed 3 random weak offensive points and put them in strong defensive ones. For the future it's hard to point exactly what route you should go because I don't have your other numbers (resistances,dps etc.) but end goal is reaching something like this at level 80. Main tips are removing almost all elemental resistance points and reaching Amplify on the top and invest on more Armor. After that popular character progress routes are removing Blood Magic to get 1-2 Auras or remove regen points and get Vaal Pact or both (my tree)

Follow all this advice and let us know how things go.

I wanted to follow up here and let you guys know how I am doing. I have leveled not to 73 by doing Docks and a few other runs. I have changed my tree a bit and pumped armor and life/damage nodes. My tree is here:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtDjwPzBLhFCAUcRkuGekaOBpVG_oc5yDwJd8n7TGeNZI26DrYOuFBqkTnTdhN41BHUFBUSVcNWGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNmnmdYah5qO25pcql07XgNeu97jHzZhNmE74dqiPGMdozPkFWRzp7Nn8ukGaZXpmSnMKeEqBipbqxZrKq18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmMtD0iHZYd7B37_kredS52PsOO8O8i_yRfZI977-Cv6P

I found a decent weapon. It's a little slow but has good physical damage and 5 sockets. I have so far spent about 25 fusings trying to link all 5 but so far no luck. I will place a faster attacks gem in there once it happens and put my Ground slam gems in there as well.

Gear:

Spoiler

Here are some other data:

Resists are over max.
Fire 75% (114%)
Cold 75% (124%
Lightning 75% (128%)
Chaos -50%

Armor 4724
DR 39%
life regen 121.9 per second
6 end charges
Ground slam DPS is only 2803.9. But if I can link that weapon and place the faster attack gem in there the DPS will rise
Heavy Striks DPS is 5323.9

Question: does the DPS noted on the screen in game (and what I noted above) take into account the Acceleration node I took? Adds 12% faster attack.

I have now killed Piety and got to the waypoint in Sceptre of God. Now I plan to take a couple more levels then take on Dominus. Any last advice for me on this build? You guys have been a great help so far so I thought I'd ask one more time.

Thanks!

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
Last edited by Dacar92 on Jan 27, 2014, 1:35:32 PM
With resists so highly overcapped I would consider earning 5 skillpoints by speccing out of all 6 single resists in marauder starting zone and putting one point in 10 str to close the loop.

click me
Grabbed bunch of life in Templar Zone and 20% in Duelist.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 27, 2014, 2:03:13 PM
"
spr4ts wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I`ve started to play this month and it helped a lot. I`m basicly playing this build now, with a lvl48 Marauder.
I`m having a lot of trouble now in act 2 cruel, even 5 levels above the maps. Pretty much any pack of blues make me run a little. I died about 5 times at the giant spider, and even had A LOT of trouble with a yellow monster (those giant worms that come from the ground) cause it had regen life and leech life mods, so it kept healing...
Anyway, is this normal, is it really supposed to be this difficult? Or am I just not playing well? I feel like playing a melee is tough cause I cant keep my distance, so I have to take the hits.

This is likely a gear check. What are your resists?
"
spr4ts wrote:

It would be a good idea to post your gear and tree so we can have a look and give advice. Also post resists, armor, etc.
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
Hi fellow Marauders!

First of all, iam enjoying this build very and already got some nice items, but i like to ask your opinion in one question!

For this Ground Slam build wich is is best armor choice?

1. Legacy Kaom's Heart - because the high hp amount?

2. New Kaom's heart - because the hp and the dmg?

3. Carcass Jack - improved aoe range ? (6 linked)

4. Rare chest piece, with high armor (1500+), lot of ress and HP? (6 linked)

So i like to know wich is the best for the high-end game content?
Last edited by Metron07 on Jan 28, 2014, 3:42:53 AM
I did a small respec but right now my mana poll after using hatred is like 250 mana or so and GS cost 110, more or less i regen mana ok but sometimes i run out of mana, i feel like regen is ok but pool is too low.

What would you change on gear? i bought the belt just to have some mana regen, right now resist area way overcapped, and i also have 1 point left to respec, and i could add few HP points as well.

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtD8wS4RQgFE0YkRkuGjgaVRv6Jd8n7Si1KS4qOC3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxBP0ZpR35N2E3jUEdR5lcNWGNYr1nzXzlgS2EhZKNlTWdYZ5tsRm5pcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmBb4M4hNmE74cph2qI8Yx2kFWQbJHOmSuePJ7Nn8uiAKLqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKloqW6plKxZrKq0L7Xyud29gb6nwBrG2MmYypDSIdSP2WHd497B5K3nY-w47w7vTu988kXz3fe-_o8=

gear
Spoiler
@Metron07

Is this a serious question??

Legacy Kaoms Heart is IMHO the best armour for almost every build (especially the high % life ones).

If I only had one...
"
Dacar92 wrote:
"
spr4ts wrote:

It would be a good idea to post your gear and tree so we can have a look and give advice. Also post resists, armor, etc.

So I shouldnt be having this much trouble? It isnt this hard?
My tree is just like the one suggested at this thread, but I have some 10 unallocated points. My gear is kinda ok I think. Since this is my first char I`m equipping the best I`m picking, basicly strength-based rare ones now. My resist are very low cause I use IRI rings and amulet lol, but I switch them for resists before a hard fight, except for chaos which I just dont have almost anything.
One thing I`m doing different than the OP said is I dont use Enduring Cry, Im leveling it up now. I`m using Molten Shell instead.

Thks.
Last edited by spr4ts on Jan 28, 2014, 12:00:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info