1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

@penecho83

I wouldn't run maps at all at your level. there more experienced to be gained running catacombs,imperial gardens and piety runs. and best of all all those are free and don't run out.

there's no guarantee you can do any map safely. I'm lvl81 with about 35k groundslam unbuffed and over 12k armor and I still died on a 76 yesterday. it all depends on lag and the mods you roll with. I'd advise to wait until when running the normal content become inefficient for xp which is normally around 71/2 then do maps.

didn't know the lab existed in other difficulties but I'd stick to the merciless one just to be safe :)
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
@penecho83

I wouldn't run maps at all at your level. there more experienced to be gained running catacombs,imperial gardens and piety runs. and best of all all those are free and don't run out.

there's no guarantee you can do any map safely. I'm lvl81 with about 35k groundslam unbuffed and over 12k armor and I still died on a 76 yesterday. it all depends on lag and the mods you roll with. I'd advise to wait until when running the normal content become inefficient for xp which is normally around 71/2 then do maps.

didn't know the lab existed in other difficulties but I'd stick to the merciless one just to be safe :)

What weapon and gems you running to get 35k slams ?
@Aleteh
you can see my gear and skill tree on page 344 of this thread
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
@Aleteh
you can see my gear and skill tree on page 344 of this thread

Ah that maul explains things :D
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
Many people think this build is low DPS but it's not at all. Enjoy!

This gave me a good laugh, especially considering that your mace has over 600 pDPS! I really wish I knew how people save up enough currency to craft or buy such awesome items. With over 400 hours in this game, it still takes me forever to even make the equivalent of 2 Exalted.

Even with much lower quality gear, this build rocks and is a perfect starter build. I wish I could get my bow Rangers to have such a high dps.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I'm currently using (5L chest):

Ground Slam + Life Leech + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Meele Physical Damage.

And i was thinking i could reskill Blood Magic from the passive tree and use a blood magic gem instead in one of the links to have some mana and run 1 aura.

Does that make any sense?
"
Penecho83 wrote:
I'm currently using (5L chest):

Ground Slam + Life Leech + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Meele Physical Damage.

And i was thinking i could reskill Blood Magic from the passive tree and use a blood magic gem instead in one of the links to have some mana and run 1 aura.

Does that make any sense?

I think Life Leech is overkill, but I guess it depends on your dps and life. Have you tried swapping it for Added Fire Damage?

You can probably run your skills off of mana if you have mana leech on gear. The Mana Flows passive helps too. Getting rid of the Blood Magic passive then using the Blood Magic gem sort of defeats the purpose unless you absolutely can't use mana to run your skills.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hello,
Thanks for the awesome guide.
I was able to hit lvl 83 so far.
Could you recommend some improvements on my gear? especially my chest...

Thank you
@gnarlyjoey91

Don't get your post...
What do you want to hear? "Find a better one"?

Sure you can improve your gear. Everybody can improve his gear.
If you're not happy with your chest, save up currency and buy a 6-Linked with 2k Armor, 100 life, resist... ;)

I don't like your rings at all. Do you really need more lifeleech? I'd rather go for cheap ones with more life/resist and get a 10% Lifeleech Carnage Heart, if you really need that high Leech Number.

@Elitechief

You can go for the Reduced Mana Cluster left of Templar Area, this might help.

And you need some kind of "+x to maximum mana" on your Gear, Amulet or rings maybe. You can't just respec out of Bloodmagic, put the 2 points into the 8+16% Mana at Duelist Starting Zone and expect to be fine... ;)

But with some +mana, a highlevel Reduced Mana Gem, 2% Manaleech and "Reduced Mana reserved" nodes, you should be able to run 2 auras at least AND still run Groundslam on Mana.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 26, 2014, 7:13:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info