1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

I am brand new to Path of Exile and starting on Nemesis does this build work ok for it or do I need to change anything up?
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
Just some more messing around with DjNanos build (because i have nothing better to do lol):
Spoiler

Please keep in mind that the site's estimates are not accurate, useful to compare between builds only!!!

Original variant:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecEsw_MEtkUIBRNFSAYkRkuGjgaPiECITQhVSftKaUqTSr2LOkxnjIJMok1kjboOQ464Ts7PydBP0p9SshN404qUEdQUFHmVElX4lhjWK9Z81uvXz9gxGegapNsFmxGbqpybHKpeA17jHzZgziD24d2iPGMz5BVn8uiAKZXpmSnMKeEqWipbqxZrKq0L7XytkG53b6nwA_AGsEExtjJmM5x0k3Uj9Xt3D3dDd7B5K3nUudj7DjvDu988B_xrPIv8kX2SPe-_Ev8xf4K_o8=

312str/134dex/24int stats without any gear on!
+280 base life / 294% life / 114 regen
245% dmg / 45% AS
66% dmg Reduction

estimates using char lvl=85 and my current gear on:
5557 life
3169 AR + 1172 EV
GS 4.391 / HS 13.947

Alternative: (lose Amplify, get the 3% Buff increase)
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecPzBLZFCAVIBiRGS4ZhRo4Gj4hAiE0IVUkqiftKaUqTSr2LOkxnjIJNZI26DbpOQ464Ts7PydBP0p9SshN404qUEdQUFHmVElYY1ivWfNbr18_YMRmnmdYZ6Bqk2wWbEZuqnJscql4DXuMfNmD24d2iPGMz5BVn8umV6ZkpzCnhKlurFmsqrQvtfK2QbndvqfAD8AawQTG2MmYznHSTdSP1e3ZYdw93Q3eweNq5K3nUudj6wnvDvGs8i_yRfZI97760vxL_In8xf4K_o8=

312/134/34 stats
+250 base life / 298% life / 114 regen
247% dmg / 45% AS
76% dmg Reduction

5505 life
3307 AR + 1172 EV
GS 4.345 / HS 13.907

id prefer this if not amplify

PS: you might wanna check that build you made again, the one u remove amplify, it has 107 points on while i made it again THE SAME and had 103 pts...mby its the site..idk
PS2: meh..losing emplify while using conc effect..that gonna hurt i think
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 7, 2013, 3:56:41 AM
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:

@Annihilat0r:
Unfortunately i don't have a Mace to give you, but if you don't find a better one (and you do need one ASAP), as a last resort you can get a free Viodhome from here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/512409

40% xp penality is too much :/
My IGN is TheFatality.
Last edited by Annihilat0r on Dec 7, 2013, 7:07:22 AM
@Annihilat0r:
I know and i agree with you, that is why i said "as a last resort"...
Still some people are ok with it, so it doesn't hurt to mention it as an "desperate" option ;)

@DjNanos:
You are right, Amplify is not worth losing, especially for a mere 3% buff. I was just messing around because i find your approach on the right side of the Duelist interesting, and i thought to post it.

Both of the builds i posted show up as 103 points for me, tried it just now. I don't know what the issue is :/

However, i did find that in my "no-Amplify variant" i accidentally took a random +10str node, 4 nodes left of Diamond Skin...

In reply to your PS2: meh, get a Marohi :P
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 7, 2013, 9:51:52 AM
"

@astroman0005:
Hmmmm, where should i start...
Gear:
Well you know you need a better chest, at least your res are maxed so you are only losing the life. Helm is crappy too, but again since your res is maxed it's not a big issue.
Try to find a high life + at least one high res chest if you can.
*i have a lvl59 chest with 692AR 34str 88life 41%fire and 1+2L sockets. Its crappy but i can give it to you for free if you want it.
4% LL is nice to have, but 215 DPS (phys) is not good for lvl60... You need at least 300, better aim for 350DPS and up if you can afford it.

Sure, I'll take it, thanks. I have some gems I can try to craft it up to at least a 3L. IGN Thud_McLargeHuge. I've since found a +70 life one, but it was lower level, only 323 AR. I am shopping for a new mace now.

"

Gems/sockets:
With that 4L on the gloves with GS+HS+LL+Q, i bet you do zero dmg... That is not going to do, you need at least one 4L for each of your attacks. You can't DPS-down Dominus with HeavyStrike+LifeLeech, it's not possible :(
You have linked Determination with Reduced Duration (which does nothing), you need Reduced Mana instead ;)

For damage I had gotten into the habit of using LS with the endurance charge on stun. Works great for loads of little guys, but I guess not for Dominus. Gotta get back to using GS. I have an added fire gem I can throw in there. With my high resists I can facetank Piety in fire or lightning form, so I was HS-ing her hoping for better gear. I don't have Reduced Mana, I was just leveling up Reduced Duration in a spot where it would do nothing. At one point I accidentally had it hooked to Warlords, which was just dumb. :) But mana's not an issue for me so I'm not going to worry about that yet.

"

Smaller things:
A Granite with Increased Armor (of Iron Skin suffix) would be a bit better, and a Q20 one would give you 0.8 seconds more duration (just saying - not a priority). Although having an anti-Bleed flask is a must for the second form of Dominus (his Rain of Blood is deadly!)...
Again MultiStrike and CwDT could help (if have them and the sockets to put them in).
Skill tree is ok, go for more life next.
You don't mention any Mana issues which is nice.

I can reroll flasks, that doesn't cost too much. No CwDT or MultiStrike. For mana, the 2% mana leach keeps me mostly stocked, and the potion makes up the rest.

What about tactics for Dominus? Hide behind the pillars and GS his first form when you can? The second form is just get in close and keep from bleeding, from what I remember.
Alright, After a long time I present to you my build so far.
I've modified it a bit, though basic idea remains..

Omga4000, level 61, act 3 start, merciless

Passive Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

DPS, Stats and resistences:
Spoiler

• Heavy Strike DPS: 5,529.4
• Ground Slam DPS: 2,887.9
• Attacks Per Second: 3.82

• Life: 2,808
• Life Regeneration: 98 per second

• Fire Resistance: 77%
• Cold Resistance: 77%
• Lightning Resistance: 77%
• Chaos Resistance: -53%

• Armour: 1,917

I'm killing it :)
Last edited by Omga4000 on Dec 7, 2013, 7:27:43 PM
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:

@DjNanos:
You are right, Amplify is not worth losing, especially for a mere 3% buff. I was just messing around because i find your approach on the right side of the Duelist interesting, and i thought to post it.

Both of the builds i posted show up as 103 points for me, tried it just now. I don't know what the issue is :/

However, i did find that in my "no-Amplify variant" i accidentally took a random +10str node, 4 nodes left of Diamond Skin...

In reply to your PS2: meh, get a Marohi :P

You're right about the marohi..im just trying to get to 20exalt and get myself a nice 6L erqi

I thought of this too...might changing the 21AS for 12AS and 41dmg with 2h, let me know what u think of it
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 7, 2013, 12:02:29 PM
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@Omga4000:
Nice build, good to see a post from someone that is doing well :)
Once you get a better mace, you will do the dmg you need ;)

Were do you plan to go next with your build? More into Duelist (IR for example), towards Athleticism and Baptism by light, or something else?

@DjNanos:
Well poebuilder shows an increase in DPS in your new variant: 14.061 HS compared to 13.768 in old one, is it the same with your gear (DPS increases)? Still i am not 100% sure if this would be the case ingame...
But, you are going up in points: you can't compare a 103p build with a 106p one :/
I can do even more (14.661) with 107p, plus 10% more life (keep the Berserking and also take the Reaver node):

Personally i would suggest you take Berserking now, and see things again when you reach the 103 points (char lvl86?). I think you will need to be close to lvl90 for 106p, you are planning too far in imo.

Oh and i was joking about the Marohi, that's why the ":P", lol!

Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 7, 2013, 3:42:07 PM
Thanks to Monty for the gear and the advice. After purchasing a Voidhome, another Melee Physical Dmg, and a better helmet (and turning my graphics settings to minimum), I was finally able to defeat Dominus. No deaths, no problem - thanks again!
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@Omga4000:
Nice build, good to see a post from someone that is doing well :)
Once you get a better mace, you will do the dmg you need ;)

Were do you plan to go next with your build? More into Duelist (IR for example), towards Athleticism and Baptism by light, or something else?

Though I'd love breaking the 4.0 attacks per second barrier, there are no more "% Increased Attack Speed" nodes for me to take, without completely wasting my points.

First of all I'll fill the "% Increased Maximum Life" nodes I have left, and will only later focus on my attack.
I would first probably (finally) take the Lava Lash node, will move to filling the
Baptism by light circle (huge DPS+Armour increase), and file the Athleticism circle.

Regarding my weapon - will only change it to a Terror Maul with this stats:
- 15-20% Increased Attack Speed.
- 65%+ Increased Physical Damage
- XX-XX Increased Physical Damage
- Adds XX-XX Fire Damage (optional)

This way I'll be able to break the 4.0 attacks per second barrier, and have a strong DPS wep :)

PLEASE CHECK MY UPDATED POST!
Last edited by Omga4000 on Dec 7, 2013, 7:28:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info