1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hmmmmmmm

I got some interested data (PoeBuilder's estimates only!!!!) using my gear on those builds:

Now the dmg estimate of this site is just crap, but a difference that big may mean a real 3-4K or even more difference in the actual game.

So, 600+ more life and a sizable increase in DPS for only 1-2K armor less?
Did you just make me realize my build is shit??? :O
[DarthVader.wav] Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...
:D

But less armor and more important no EndCharges will hurt...

Edit:
Just a comparison of PoeBuilders and actual stats (for my current build):

------ PoeB --- Real
Life: - 4875 --- 4874
AR: -- 5173 --- 5739
GS: -- 3844 --- 8684
HS: - 11.237 - 15.154
*No Auras
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 6, 2013, 9:26:59 AM
new to poe and i've been lvling my marauder with this build and its going great so thank you. I am at the point where i can pick up Blood Magic on the skill tree and was wondering roughly how much life steal i would need inorder to survive the downside of Blood magic? This is my gear setup now:

"
Lucid wrote:
new to poe and i've been lvling my marauder with this build and its going great so thank you. I am at the point where i can pick up Blood Magic on the skill tree and was wondering roughly how much life steal i would need inorder to survive the downside of Blood magic? This is my gear setup now:

You do know that the gear that you need for this build is life and resist, right. With a high life that comes from your gear and boost to life from passives. Add to it the life regeneration from the passives means that we will have a high life regeneration per second. You can easily get around 200 life per second (although it is possible to go higher than this). With that kind of life regeneration we can safely take blood magic without any extra life leech.
"
DoomCarpace wrote:

You do know that the gear that you need for this build is life and resist, right. With a high life that comes from your gear and boost to life from passives. Add to it the life regeneration from the passives means that we will have a high life regeneration per second. You can easily get around 200 life per second (although it is possible to go higher than this). With that kind of life regeneration we can safely take blood magic without any extra life leech.

i do realize this but seeing as i just started playing last weekend, this is the gear i can afford right now. So my question was more along the lines of should i wait till i get the required stats on gear and then get Blood Magic or get it now.
Hey,

really thank you for this guide for people that just started the game like me. after over 1000h playing d3 i need something new. this is an absolutely great game and its a lot of fun. [and my english is really bad by the way] I found your guide a bit too late, so my skill tree is a bit different, i think. now i am at lvl 70 and lower maps are tough, but i can kill every monster, except the boss. I would be pleased if somebody who knows the game better than me could check my current gear. i spent now about 90 jew orbs to get the mace 6 socket, but doesn`t worked yet. the mace is the only thing i bought, because i always find dex and int-stuff while playing marauder. Thx for your advice.
Here is my gear:
Spoiler

and the passiveskilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLhpVHOcg8CftMZ4yCTWSNug64UCgQT9BqkTnSshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2dYah5qO2xGbqpybHKpdO14DXrve4x82YLkhO-Ij4jxiq-Mz5ARkFWRzp65ns2fy6ZXpmSnMKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndu-2-vMAaxtjJmNIh2WHewd-_5K3nUudj7w7yL_JF9kj3vv4K_o8=

i have 10 chaos an 1 ex left, if you advice me to buy some new gear.

Thx alot for answering and really thank you for this guide; the game was very complicated at the beginning
pls cut the shitty Sirusboss out of the game
Last edited by Anabasis37 on Dec 6, 2013, 4:44:24 PM
"
Lucid wrote:
"
DoomCarpace wrote:

i do realize this but seeing as i just started playing last weekend, this is the gear i can afford right now. So my question was more along the lines of should i wait till i get the required stats on gear and then get Blood Magic or get it now.

I have been playing around with this build trying different versions of it. So I have not gotten to the point where I have reached that high life per second. But I can say that I have used this build with blood magic when you get to it and I just do not see any problems with health due to the decent life regeneration per second on the lower levels compared to the low life cost for the skills.
I'm stuck at level 58 on Cruel Dominus with this build. This is second char after my witch got stuck there as well. Part of the problem could be the general lag I seem to get when he starts with the lightning and stuff. I do have a bit of currency stashed away for upgrades if necessary, no exalts yet though. Only thing I bought is the weapon, mostly because of the high dmg and 4% LL. Chest is definitely the weakest link here.

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLhpVJ-0xnjWSNuhAoErITeNQR1BQVElXDVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjah5uqnKpdO14DXrvfNmC5ITviPGKr4zPkBGQVZ65ns2i6qZXpmSnMKgYqW6sWayqtfK53b68wBrG2MmY0EfSIdlh3sHkredS7w7yL_Pd9kj3vv6P

I have about 3100 life, all elemental resistances at 77, chaos at -20. I'm running the armor aura because that's the only one I got. I try to Leap Slam in and then slam away, but I need a few hits to get through his ES. If I stay in close, it lags and then I end up dead.

I have tried heading over to the spawning area to get endurance charges on stun, but they don't seem to help. I haven't perfected the technique of using immortal call, maybe that's the secret here. If anyone has any pointers, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
"
astroman0005 wrote:
I'm stuck at level 58 on Cruel Dominus with this build. This is second char after my witch got stuck there as well. Part of the problem could be the general lag I seem to get when he starts with the lightning and stuff. I do have a bit of currency stashed away for upgrades if necessary, no exalts yet though. Only thing I bought is the weapon, mostly because of the high dmg and 4% LL. Chest is definitely the weakest link here.

I may be wrong..but your weap does have nice dmg, and that lifeleech is pretty good..but half its dmg is elem. so you just got 200pdps leeched..which is sooo low imo...i hope im wrong..but dk..you luck some health too..i had 4k at almost your lvl you may need some gear upgrades

"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:

So, 600+ more life and a sizable increase in DPS for only 1-2K armor less?
Did you just make me realize my build is shit??? :O
[DarthVader.wav] Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...
:D

But less armor and more important no EndCharges will hurt...

haha gotcha ! :P
i guess im gonna miss those 2 endurance ch. k.. 4left ! xD
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 6, 2013, 8:31:23 PM
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@Lucid:
I didn't follow this build early on so i don't know about much about BM at your lvl, but when i took it in around lvl55 i saw no downside (and i was scared to try it too).

If you could get a Geofri's Baptism now for cheap, it would last you to lvl50 at least.
You could also pick up a belt with life from the ground if it drops ;)

At your lvl you can gain 4-5lvls a day, so gear will not "last" long: try to use items you find if they are an upgrade compared to what you need.
Players shouldn't spend currency until lvl50 or so, except for some rare cases (like the Baptism for example).

@Anabasis37:
Your gear seems "ok", possible upgrades depend on what you are lacking atm:
Are your res maxed (except chaos ofc)? If not try to find and replace gear so you max them.
More life is always good, then comes the DPS. Your 366DPS Mace is ok (not great but not lacking either). If would be better as a 5L, but that is expensive to craft!
At lvl70 it would be nice to have a 5L (on any piece possible) if you can afford it, personally i would plan that upgrade next.

Try to transition from Sweep to GroundSlam, doing dmg for "far away" will help your survivability.
Also you could try out the Multistrike gem and the Cast when Damage Taken gem, i hope you haven't done the Fixture of Fate quest yet so you can get one of them for free.

Your tree isn't bad, go for the two top life nodes next. You can also respec some of the res nodes in the future if you have the res from gear.

@astroman0005:
Hmmmm, where should i start...

Gear:
Well you know you need a better chest, at least your res are maxed so you are only losing the life. Helm is crappy too, but again since your res is maxed it's not a big issue.
Try to find a high life + at least one high res chest if you can.
*i have a lvl59 chest with 692AR 34str 88life 41%fire and 1+2L sockets. Its crappy but i can give it to you for free if you want it.
4% LL is nice to have, but 215 DPS (phys) is not good for lvl60... You need at least 300, better aim for 350DPS and up if you can afford it.

Gems/sockets:
With that 4L on the gloves with GS+HS+LL+Q, i bet you do zero dmg... That is not going to do, you need at least one 4L for each of your attacks. You can't DPS-down Dominus with HeavyStrike+LifeLeech, it's not possible :(
You have linked Determination with Reduced Duration (which does nothing), you need Reduced Mana instead ;)

Smaller things:
A Granite with Increased Armor (of Iron Skin suffix) would be a bit better, and a Q20 one would give you 0.8 seconds more duration (just saying - not a priority). Although having an anti-Bleed flask is a must for the second form of Dominus (his Rain of Blood is deadly!)...
Again MultiStrike and CwDT could help (if have them and the sockets to put them in).
Skill tree is ok, go for more life next.
You don't mention any Mana issues which is nice.

@DjNanos:
I am really curious to see how that build would work, tbh it's the first one i seen that i would consider an alternative to the one i choose (personally!!!!).
Go for that and lvlup quick, i want to see it tested, lol! (just kidding ofc)
And i should have posted "...no extra EndCharges will hurt..." ;)

Also i don't know how the AR would scale, if i had a "proper" AR chest with 1.5K AR i would probably gain 1-2K from that alone, so in the build i proposed the lack of AR may be an issue. Since i am a one-char noob, i have no idea :/
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 7, 2013, 12:01:24 AM
Just some more messing around with DjNanos build (because i have nothing better to do lol):
Spoiler

Please keep in mind that the site's estimates are not accurate, useful to compare between builds only!!!

Original variant:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecEsw_MEtkUIBRNFSAYkRkuGjgaPiECITQhVSftKaUqTSr2LOkxnjIJMok1kjboOQ464Ts7PydBP0p9SshN404qUEdQUFHmVElX4lhjWK9Z81uvXz9gxGegapNsFmxGbqpybHKpeA17jHzZgziD24d2iPGMz5BVn8uiAKZXpmSnMKeEqWipbqxZrKq0L7XytkG53b6nwA_AGsEExtjJmM5x0k3Uj9Xt3D3dDd7B5K3nUudj7DjvDu988B_xrPIv8kX2SPe-_Ev8xf4K_o8=

312str/134dex/24int stats without any gear on!
+280 base life / 294% life / 114 regen
245% dmg / 45% AS
66% dmg Reduction

estimates using char lvl=85 and my current gear on:
5557 life
3169 AR + 1172 EV
GS 4.391 / HS 13.947

Alternative: (lose Amplify, get the 3% Buff increase)
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecPzBLZFCAVIBiRGS4ZhRo4Gj4hAiE0IVUkqiftKaUqTSr2LOkxnjIJNZI26DbpOQ464Ts7PydBP0p9SshN404qUEdQUFHmVElYY1ivWfNbr18_YMRmnmdYZ6Bqk2wWbEZuqnJscql4DXuMfNmD24d2iPGMz5BVn8umV6ZkpzCnhKlurFmsqrQvtfK2QbndvqfAD8AawQTG2MmYznHSTdSP1e3ZYdw93Q3eweNq5K3nUudj6wnvDvGs8i_yRfZI97760vxL_In8xf4K_o8=

312/134/34 stats
+250 base life / 298% life / 114 regen
247% dmg / 45% AS
76% dmg Reduction

5505 life
3307 AR + 1172 EV
GS 4.345 / HS 13.907

Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 7, 2013, 1:12:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info