1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hmm...i decide to remove those 2 pts amplify cost me and use HS with splash instead....i tried it on 4-5 maps and on cata merci, i cleared WAY faster..and had +1kdmg...plus since i was knocking them all away all the time, my survivability got better. :P
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@Omga4000:
You do know that your 215physDPS mace is way too weak for your lvl, right?
Even with two 5L's your dmg is still low (imo)...

Also keep in mind that because of armor mitigation it's better to do high-dmg/low-AS than low-dmg/high-AS for the same DPS result in both cases ofc. This is mentioned in the first post and i have confirmed it in practice.

A cheap 300DPS mace will give a big boots to your DPS and a "good" one over 350DPS will last you a long time. Still just my opinion ;)

There is a way you can get the 4 attacks per sec you want: use the Faster Attacks gem. 100dex is not too hard to get.

@DjNanos:
Hmmm, this reminds me of ZiggyD's "Infernal Blow Heavy Metal Marauder" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGA0WGZiEL0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/498748)...
He uses Infernal Blow+Melee Splash, but the end result is the same (AoE dmg from a single-target skill).

Now about Amplify, according to wiki the MeleeS gem's AoE effects are buffed by any AoE modifiers:
"Stat modifiers from any source which would apply to an AoE skill will also apply to the AoE component of Melee Splash. These mods include:
Area of Effect radius
Area Damage"

That and the fact that the Amplify node is used in the Heavy Metal Marauder build, leads me to believe that you can still use Amplify with your current setup ;)
Hey great guide realy impresive.

I still have some questions that your guide not covered. Iam level 79 and got some currency stacked up. I bought a Carnage Heart yesterday, wich all in all is a great pick-up in my opinion. But iam sure if i shoud get a Carcas Jack or a Marohi Erqi both have increased Aoe but the Carcas is half the price thats why i tend to the Armor, but is it possible to get the 4R-1B socket colour? Since i do not need an Lifeleech-supportgem i would link
Groundslam - Multistrike - Added Fire - Melee Damage - Concetrated Effect. Whats your opinion on that ?
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:

@DjNanos:
Hmmm, this reminds me of ZiggyD's "Infernal Blow Heavy Metal Marauder" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGA0WGZiEL0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/498748)...
He uses Infernal Blow+Melee Splash, but the end result is the same (AoE dmg from a single-target skill).

Now about Amplify, according to wiki the MeleeS gem's AoE effects are buffed by any AoE modifiers:
"Stat modifiers from any source which would apply to an AoE skill will also apply to the AoE component of Melee Splash. These mods include:
Area of Effect radius
Area Damage"

That and the fact that the Amplify node is used in the Heavy Metal Marauder build, leads me to believe that you can still use Amplify with your current setup ;)

hmm ok..lets see what ziggy does :P
i thought about buying kongor's if area lvl of erqi doesnt work on splash gem, you might know anythin about it ?
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 8, 2013, 7:58:33 AM
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@Omga4000:
You do know that your 215physDPS mace is way too weak for your lvl, right?
Even with two 5L's your dmg is still low (imo)...

Also keep in mind that because of armor mitigation it's better to do high-dmg/low-AS than low-dmg/high-AS for the same DPS result in both cases ofc. This is mentioned in the first post and i have confirmed it in practice.

A cheap 300DPS mace will give a big boots to your DPS and a "good" one over 350DPS will last you a long time. Still just my opinion ;)

There is a way you can get the 4 attacks per sec you want: use the Faster Attacks gem. 100dex is not too hard to get.

Well obviously!

But as I'm level 64 already, I see no point in investing in a low-level weapon.
I can get to 67 within 2-3 hours.. I'll get to 67 and purchase a 5l Terror Maul,
and make a at least 350 DPS, if not 400+.
And I'm not going to give-up on my AR. I'm going to be full AR + have very high DPS :)

Regarding the Faster Attacks gem, it's a waste of a slot for me.
As I'm attacking very quickly now, I'd much rather get INT and have an Increased Rarity gem.
How well does this build do bosses? Dom, piety?

Any generalized "safe" leveling guide for each difficulty ?

i.e

normal ledge 5-12 , fellshrine 17-24, etc?

Is there a decent unique mace for 30+?
Last edited by eirstryder on Dec 8, 2013, 2:18:26 PM
"
eirstryder wrote:
Is there a decent unique mace for 30+?

Geofri's Baptism Brass Maul is available at lvl 27 i think
This build is awesome! I'm lvl 68 and i'm running lvl 66/67 maps atm without any big problems. Also farming Piety Mercilles is no big deal. My gear is not the best, especially my jewelery and belt need improvement.

As you can see i'm running CWDT with Molten Shell, Enduring Cry and Decoy Totem which gives me a high amount of defensive boost. Disadvantage is that you need a certain amount of Int (next to the fact that you need also Dex for Faster Attacks)

My actual stats are:

Ground Slam: ~4300 DPS
Heavy Strike: ~6350 DPS

2870 Life
2150 Armor
77/77/77% Cold/Lightning/Fire Resistance (-46 on Chaos :( )

Here is my gear:

My first character was an EA mara that I lost at level 55 to cruel Dominus. I realized that I knew nothing about the game and on top of that was dirt poor, so I decided to try out this build because it seemed cheap and reliable. Right now I'm level 67 and doing quite well, although my gear leaves much to be desired. In any case I'm very happy with the build and it allowed me to go much further than I would have otherwise I think. Next goal is to try getting a 5L and start doing easy maps.

Last edited by Skorpan on Dec 8, 2013, 6:36:22 PM
Why Oak on normal instead of Kraityn for the resists? Wouldn't 8% all resist be more valuable than 40 base life?

Edit: I'm new.
Last edited by Trikkte on Dec 9, 2013, 10:54:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info