1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
About CwDT:

what's linked on that GS ?
Is Bringer of Rain a viable item here, socketed with heavy strike? Cost is irrelevant (since it would save you buying a 6L chest)
Yo guys, I would be grateful if someone could give me some 2H mace that you have no use for... Im having troubles with some maps and farming... Currently i have this maul, Im lvl 72 and I cant get anything better
Spoiler

If someone is willing to help me you can add me on STANDARD league, IGN: BigFatAss. And thanks for the great build.
My IGN is TheFatality.
i don;t think it is a good build ,waste too much point in res,res can be get by gear,compare to
////Alkaizer Nemesis 89 Marauder Solo//// that build have more life and dps
--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert! ---

@skarbziemi:
Carcass Jack is a nice EV/ES hybrid armor for some builds, but if you at least don't have IR, i would personally advice against it...
The AoE bonuses of that armor are sweet, but it has "meh" EV/Life/Res as a trade off...
Also like all EV/ES gear it would be hard to roll an all-red 5L.

@DjNanos:
Standard stuff:

@USBastard:
Bringer of Rain is an option for this build. The Block stats and the Blind would go to waste, but it's still a nice "complicated" helm.
If you have done your thinking and you think that you would be better of with BoR than with a helm+chest combo, then go for it.

@Annihilat0r:
Unfortunately i don't have a Mace to give you, but if you don't find a better one (and you do need one ASAP), as a last resort you can get a free Viodhome from here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/512409

@magiclu:
This is newbie-friendly build, a great build for first-timers that have no idea about the skill tree and game mechanics.
The res nodes are so a new player doesn't have to spend too much on gear to be able to get high resistances. These points can be respeced once you get descent gear ;)

Also you compare it with a Hardcore build, which funny enough is more or less the same build except he traded the EndCharges and Res nodes for more life nodes, lol (plus no BM and 108p)!
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 5, 2013, 10:29:42 PM
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 5, 2013, 10:32:12 PM
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:

@DjNanos:
Standard stuff:

Ye but it has 2 blue supports and it has 5 supports, not 4 O.o

PS: Sry for double posting, it was too late when i realised i was quoting in a diff post.. -.-
check my prev post too if u can.
Thanks
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 5, 2013, 10:33:17 PM
"
DjNanos wrote:
...Ye but it has 2 blue supports and it has 5 supports, not 4 O.o...

Eh what???

Don't know what you mean, took screenshot just now:http://i.imgur.com/IumiZg1.jpg
Hope this helps, i don't know what you mean by "2 blue supports"...

I see only one problem with your build, but it's a big one: You use 112points...

EDIT:
Oops, i didn't turn on Hatred for the dmg screenshot... well 9K without it and 12.155 with the lvl19 Hatred on.

2nd EDIT:
Spoiler
I just replaced some of my gems, because i made my lvl20 ones into Q20-lvl1 and replaced them with a bit lowerlvl ones (until the Q20 gems lvl-up to a useful level).
With current setup i have 11.723DPS with Hatred:

http://i.imgur.com/HgHubiM.jpg

3rd Edit:
Oh, i got it: the Marohi's built-in Increased AoE is showing up in the tab:http://i.imgur.com/vAtqABZ.jpg
And you updated your build to the full 120 points, lol.
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 6, 2013, 2:04:37 AM
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 6, 2013, 3:49:26 AM
@DjNanos:
Well i can't give you an experienced opinion (i only have one char), but i will tell you what i think:

If you don't care about IR, 100p will get you to 290% life plus ok dmg and armor:

Me personally i went for this (without the res nodes i use now due to poor gear):
(IR and EndCharges)

The best i can come up based on your 120p no-Charges build is this 103p:

The way i see it you have to determine the ratio of Life/Armor/Dmg you want
for a fixed number of skill points. You can't have it all, so you need to set your priorities for your build.
One experienced person i know told me that Armor is overrated, so your build may actually be better than mine! :D

Note that these are just the stuff i can come up with, there are more capable people than me for this!!!
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 6, 2013, 5:13:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info