Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Km1k3 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
I would probably do my tree a bit differently (more crit instead of the 3rd aura cluster), but it has nothing to do with the ranger start, the differences there are not that much. Looks fine overall. The only thing I'd definitely not pick is Leadership. Do you really need +30% aura range?

Oh yea your right I think that was a mis click . Bud for instance I have gone more attack speed allot more than the original. Bud no spel dmg and less projectile dmg and slightly mire crit chance and more aura effect inc%
But less life though

I have also missed the switch to poc so no more 2 skills? Just ek?

this is as i would do it is does it has enough life? and any answers about the new links?
still havent spent the 88 points :s

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgR-BfkILg5IEZYVIBXwFfYWvxmKGY4ajxrbHNwdqiP2JDwk_SaVJ6kppSo4Kk0s6S2DL28yCTWSOlg_J0ZxSVFKfUrITipTNVVLVvpaSFptW69e-mJ5YqxjQ2egbBZsRm1sbXtuqnBScLtw1XJsf8aDCYPbhxmHdofbiPGMNpMnk_yXBpuNm7Wdo52qp1ypbq7Pr-u0DLVItfLAUcSiznHQOdDu037VANad2RPdDoeGI44TnVOuO7YPuDu967_Dz6vba96P5Y_sJ_Ev8q_zF
Skill tree is broken. Life is basically never enough, the more - the better.

"
I have also missed the switch to poc so no more 2 skills? Just ek?

Didn't understand that part.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

@Kendo_PoE: wow

4-5 weeks ago, I bought a pretty decent crit / 50% spell damage wand for 4 chaos in standard, I hadn't realized they have gotten that expensive o.0

The good thing is, this build's damage is still good even with crappy wands.

btw, you can save one passive point by going like this (look below Finesse and below Pressure Points)

Hah, thanks for pointing that out, fixed it.

Also :

I took a screenshot or you'd never believe me. This is the reply I get 80% of the time.
38% spell / 315 accuracy wand...

So f*ck that, I'll find them myself
I was finally able to use 3 auras on mana. 701 total mana, 42 unreserved, level 13 clarity, 75 mana regen.

I spececd into Primal Spirit for more int and mana regen, also got a mana regen/int ring and amulet. Going any lower than 75 mana regen will sometimes not cast my barrage.
@Kendo: Yeah man, I believe you. What can I say, welcome to PoE's fucked-up trading-based itemization.

@woodyfly: I guess your attack speed is too high. Another guy had similar problems - there's some breakpoint after which you need way more mana regen and unreserved mana to sustain Barrage. I could sustain it with 20 unreserved mana and not a single mana regen node. Never felt the need for huge attack speed as everything would die quickly enough anyway.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 2, 2014, 8:11:32 AM
hmm, I'm running 4 auras with 45 mana left and lvl 3 clarity on life and can spam endlessly
Ok, this build is very fun to follow and I've been playing it since the start of the league, choosing a mix between OP's build and Bars'. I'm still in a 5-link chest and my gems are not maxed nor of 20% quality yet, but stuff melts fast enough.

I'm level 81, going on 82 and have basically only life nodes left.

Frankly, it starts to get a bit boring... ^__^

Soloing lvl 70+ maps with mods like Enfeeble and Enemies deal 80%+ extra damage of some element, chaos dmg over time and physical reflect is still a challenge, but in a group with the guild I'm just breezing through, even though others sometimes die.

Very, very solid build and very fun to play from the start, steadily improving. But like Bars has said before and like I know from experience, the endless endgame grind won't give you as much pleasure as the complete package of leveling and steadily improving (especially when you are riding the new economy of a freshly started league).

So, what to do now? I feel the drops with this build with the low amount of IR I have are pretty poor. I'm comparing to a maxed IIR/IIQ summoner I played last league, so maybe it's not fair, but with that build I was rocking several exalted so very, very early and it was easy to gear up a second toon and waste a ton of stuff crafting. However, map clear was slow (I'm not into snapshotting much).

So, maybe an odd question in this thread, but since there seems to be sensible people around here, what should I try next?

I've been playing for 1+ year, so I've tried out many builds and I'm looking for something that's mechanically fun to play and if possible can also sustain high(er) MF. I recently read up on a Flicker shadow but there are three downsides to it from my perspective:
1. Yet another Shadow.
2. Focus on CoC, just like this build.
3. Insane gear requirements (Shavs and Crown of Eyes).

Does anyone of you have any suggestions for other builds that are both fun to play and powerful? I don't mind struggling a bit in the mid-game, but I want a build that can clear maps fast and if possible has a high MF count.

Builds I've done already:
* Freeze Pulser Shadow
* Noob-friendly Strength-based Marauder
* Lightning Arrow Ranger
* Cyclone Facebreaker Marauder
* RF Scion
* MF Summoner Witch
* Burning Discharge Templar
* CoC EK Shadow (this build)

All suggestions with links to mechanics/builds appreciated! ^_^
I can't think of anything else besides a flickerstrike shadow which meets your requirements (it's not CoC based, it's crit attack based by the way)... I dislike this build because flicker makes your screen shake and vibrate so much I just can't stand it, and I also don't see the point of a MF build which actually requires a fuckton of gear to be functional, which kinda makes the whole MF thing pointless. I mean, if you already have hundreds of exalts worth of gear, why would you want to MF at all? The only cheap MF build I know is a summoner, and you have already played that.

By the way, why do you insist on playing PoE if you are so (understandably) bored with it? There are so many fine games out there, why not try something new? RoS came out recently, by all accounts it's a vast improvement from that piece of shit D3, yeah, it's shallow, but you can easily have 1-2 weeks of fun with it... Age of Wonders 3 came out recently, looks promising (a mix between Civilization and Heroes of Might and Magic)... Dark Souls 2, another recent game... and so on.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 2, 2014, 9:04:47 AM
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

@Kendo_PoE: wow

4-5 weeks ago, I bought a pretty decent crit / 50% spell damage wand for 4 chaos in standard, I hadn't realized they have gotten that expensive o.0

The good thing is, this build's damage is still good even with crappy wands.

btw, you can save one passive point by going like this (look below Finesse and below Pressure Points)

Hah, thanks for pointing that out, fixed it.

Also :

I took a screenshot or you'd never believe me. This is the reply I get 80% of the time.
38% spell / 315 accuracy wand...

So f*ck that, I'll find them myself

...........mid tier spell damage and local acc is "wicked"? wut
I'm playing PoE partly out of convenience and because I like the start of a new league, and partly because I'm waiting for Dark Souls 2 to be released for PC... ^_^
I was waiting for Withcer 3 too, but it got delayed... =(

Out of principle, I will not invest in D3: RoS. I must admit I AM a bit curious to how the story unfolds, but I want to show with my wallet that I don't like the decline of Blizzard as a gaming house. Even if they are righting some wrongs with this expansion, I wanna do what I can to give them my message.

Age of Wonders... hmm.. I tried the two prequels but it never grew on me. The only turn-based games I like are CCGs (physical if possible).

I will be all over DS 2 when it ships for PC, but in the meantime I'm trying to fill my evenings with lots of fun! ^_^

Last edited by Bizze79 on Apr 2, 2014, 9:51:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info