Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bars wrote:
@Kendo: Yeah man, I believe you. What can I say, welcome to PoE's fucked-up trading-based itemization.

@woodyfly: I guess your attack speed is too high. Another guy had similar problems - there's some breakpoint after which you need way more mana regen and unreserved mana to sustain Barrage. I could sustain it with 20 unreserved mana and not a single mana regen node. Never felt the need for huge attack speed as everything would die quickly enough anyway.

That's quite strange. I don't have any %attack speed gear, only a 8% attack speed from ranger starting area which is only 2% more than the shadow start, should be completely irrelevant. What APS is on your barrage? Mine is 2.49. My skill tree is practically the same except I started ranger

2.49*32 (Attackspeed x barrage cost) = 79.68. That's how much mana it needs to sustain barrage spam. How are u guys getting away with low clarity/no mana regen nodes/gear

But how did you even cast barrage with 20 unreserved mana? Mine costs 32 mana to cast
Last edited by woodyfly on Apr 2, 2014, 7:37:16 PM
What are your links and level of barrage gem ? 32 is alot, mine costs 16
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
What are your links and level of barrage gem ? 32 is alot, mine costs 16

The same links as in the first page. You probably have a 5L, with chain it would be 32.

"
Barrage – Chain – CoC – Life Leech – EK – power charge on critical hit

Last edited by woodyfly on Apr 2, 2014, 7:36:49 PM
Yeah, it figures. I was playing with a 5-link without chain and before they buffed barrage's attack speed.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Well, you don't have to use chain. The damage is still good without it.
You can add fireball or 20q additional accuracy (which has no mana multiplier) and have 16 mana cost aswell. If your crit is overcapped with the acccuracy gem, you can add more survivability on gear. If I had a 6l, I'd use that.
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
Well, you don't have to use chain. The damage is still good without it.
You can add fireball or 20q additional accuracy (which has no mana multiplier) and have 16 mana cost aswell. If your crit is overcapped with the acccuracy gem, you can add more survivability on gear. If I had a 6l, I'd use that.

Chain is like really good for aoe clearing though, what's that about fireball?
Fireball = less mana expenditure and more single target damage, but chain is no contest for pack clearing.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Is there any way to leech life in this build without using Life leech gem? Amulets don't work do they? I was playing around with chain+ek+fireball and it does so much damage haha
"
woodyfly wrote:
Is there any way to leech life in this build without using Life leech gem? Amulets don't work do they? I was playing around with chain+ek+fireball and it does so much damage haha

None that I'm aware of.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 4, 2014, 3:38:57 AM
Well, I've stumbled onto my only complaint with the build, which is that, having recently found an item worth exalts, and given my still comparatively low survivability, I'm upgrading my gear, and... to my surprise, having picked up a couple 1c daggers... despite being completely built for Wanding, and following this guide exactly.. I'm finding cheap ST and gmp daggers with fireball to simply be way more effective than wand barrage in every situation. For me personally, anyway. Even just fireball on GMP and no other DPS support is doing fine, and then I can even add skeles and life leech. I can add Concentrated Effect and Arctic Breath as needed, and I won't even need Hatred if I start using Arctic Breath. I'm using PCOC on an off hand ST attack, so it's marginally more micro intensive, but for some reason GMP spectral throw is way less streaky so it's not even as big a deal to have to have those power charges up all the time.

As my survivability improves or something, my opinion may change, but for now I'm probably leaving wands behind. Working on buying better gear now that I have some exalts from lucking into a good item. Gems I'm using at the moment. Probably gonna respec into dagger crit nodes, maybe even the EE stuff with fireball and arctic breath, unless something drastically changes, since daggers and ST are working so much better for me despite having a 100% dedicated to this wand build skill tree.

Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 4, 2014, 8:53:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info