Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I would probably do my tree a bit differently (more crit instead of the 3rd aura cluster), but it has nothing to do with the ranger start, the differences there are not that much. Looks fine overall. The only thing I'd definitely not pick is Leadership. Do you really need +30% aura range?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
This is me at lvl 77. Really liking the build, but I didn't get vaal pact. I tested it twice and the life leech just wasn't enough for my playstyle. I do have a 20q life leech gem tho, so maybe thats why I prefer it without vaal pact. I have no problems on physical reflect mobs (not maps), unless I'm really stupid and just nuke a whole pack.

I'm pretty new to the game so I don't have 6L's or maligaros and all that. My wands suck and I think because of the popularity of this build, decent crit wands have now become very expensive.I can't seem to find one with 30% spell dmg for less than 20c.

That being said, with my current gear I clear stuff pretty fast, have just under 94% crit (88% accuracy) with power charges and can facetank Kole and most rogue exiles. Currently 3200 life, 50% phys dmg reduction, max res and 4 auras.
The barrage - coc - skeletons are great for survivabilty.
I have nothing but life nodes ahead, so should reach 4k life in the early 80's I think.

Thanks to those who made this build, was getting really bored with flame totems :p

Spoiler
"
With new Vaal Pact I can’t one-shot myself even with lower life leech

i just want to point out that getting vaal pact won't save you from getting one shotted by reflect, if your going to die from reflect in 1 hit its because the damage is more than what your life/es is, having instant leech wont help this
It will help a lot when shooting in big packs due to the new life leech mechanics. With VP, you will leech from all targets, without it, you won't. Or at least that's how I understand them. I admit even after all the discussions and clarifications things are still a bit fuzzy and I haven't actually played to test stuff.

@Kendo_PoE: wow

4-5 weeks ago, I bought a pretty decent crit / 50% spell damage wand for 4 chaos in standard, I hadn't realized they have gotten that expensive o.0

The good thing is, this build's damage is still good even with crappy wands.

btw, you can save one passive point by going like this (look below Finesse and below Pressure Points)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 1, 2014, 1:57:03 PM
I suppose this isn't a great build for invasion? Or is it doable?
Does crit on offhand matter? Or can I just go full proj speed/spell dmg? I'm still currently using wand+shield for survivability as I'm leveling (l66), I wonder how much dmg I'm missing out on!
Last edited by kenmai9 on Apr 1, 2014, 2:45:37 PM
"
Shibby88 wrote:

It isn't great at all... whether it's doable or not - it's doable in theory, but I wouldn't recommend it.

"
kenmai9 wrote:
Does crit on offhand matter? Or can I just go full proj speed/spell dmg?

Of course it matters. Sources:
- common sense
- any other dual wielding mechanic ever
- barrage tooltip lists separate crit chances for each wand
- article about barrage in Gamepedia (look at "dual wielding")
Last edited by Bars on Apr 1, 2014, 2:45:08 PM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Shibby88 wrote:

It isn't great at all... whether it's doable or not - it's doable in theory, but I wouldn't recommend it.

"
kenmai9 wrote:
Does crit on offhand matter? Or can I just go full proj speed/spell dmg?

Of course it matters. Sources:
- common sense
- any other dual wielding mechanic ever
- barrage tooltip lists separate crit chances for each wand
- article about barrage in Gamepedia (look at "dual wielding")

Cool thanks. I read in this thread that it didn't matter. But I guess that person was wrong.
"
kenmai9 wrote:

Cool thanks. I read in this thread that it didn't matter. But I guess that person was wrong.

Well, if you backtrack and read that person's previous posts and questions, I think you'll be able to judge the value of his opinions for yourself.
"
Shibby88 wrote:

judging by the rip counts, no build is doable in invasion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info