Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
XenoNerve wrote:
Hello everyone!
I've been following this build for quite some time now and have only one question that is bothering me...
What kind of wands are best to use with this build?
My current wands are the following:

From what I've read, physical damage increase wands don't do anything for this build because it is local damage increase, but i've also seen people use "crit chance for SPELLS" wands. Should I continue to use my wands or should I change them with some wands that have mainly or only big "spell damage" + "pure crit chance"? I haven't figured out this mechanic for this build.
Does crit for spell affect anything?

these are my wands and im pretty much 1-2 shotting packs of mobs in whatever maps.even with enfeeble you cant notice any difference.

the mods to look out for are SPELL DAMAGE+LOCAL CRIT CHANCE.spell crit chance is good too but secondary.same goes for projectile speed and crit multiplier.

local crit chance is important because it affects the rate at which barrage crits.since barrage is your conduit for EK it is important barrage crits as often as possible because only then will it proc cast on crit.

spell crit chance is good for dps because it affects the rate at which EK crits since EK is a spell.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
XenoNerve wrote:
Hello everyone!
I've been following this build for quite some time now and have only one question that is bothering me...

From what I've read, physical damage increase wands don't do anything for this build because it is local damage increase, but i've also seen people use "crit chance for SPELLS" wands. Should I continue to use my wands or should I change them with some wands that have mainly or only big "spell damage" + "pure crit chance"? I haven't figured out this mechanic for this build.

Lo and behold, Axn1314's CoC wand of awesomeness (and expensiveness):

(copied from his shop)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 31, 2014, 3:41:11 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
XenoNerve wrote:
Hello everyone!

Lo and behold, Axn1314's CoC wand of awesomeness (and expensiveness):

(copied from his shop)

Ooo i've seen it alright! Instant mouth drool :)
Guess he crafted it for Donald Trump, seeing as he's the only one capable of buying it :)

Thx all for the reply!
Special tx to Bars for info on this thread and his own COC build thread!
update.at level 89 with this build now i have since leveled twice after using this build.no major problems with 77/78 maps.flasks are extremely important in minus res maps,unless you are perma freezing the mobs with hatred+EK already.very endgame build here.sadly the lack of life on the build means i wont be trying atziri anytime soon.

largest peeve i have with the build is the relatively weak single target damage.but that goes for all COC builds i guess.in the heat of battle there is seldom time to remove the chain gem so against one lone mob it might take quite a while

warbands
"
donong wrote:
update.at level 89 with this build now i have since leveled twice after using this build.no major problems with 77/78 maps.flasks are extremely important in minus res maps,unless you are perma freezing the mobs with hatred+EK already.very endgame build here.sadly the lack of life on the build means i wont be trying atziri anytime soon.

largest peeve i have with the build is the relatively weak single target damage.but that goes for all COC builds i guess.in the heat of battle there is seldom time to remove the chain gem so against one lone mob it might take quite a while

plz notice that gloves now can corrupt with lvl 12 cast on crit, this can work for 5l without the chain...
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
XenoNerve wrote:

Ooo i've seen it alright! Instant mouth drool :)
Guess he crafted it for Donald Trump, seeing as he's the only one capable of buying it :)

Thx all for the reply!
Special tx to Bars for info on this thread and his own COC build thread!

You're welcome :) That wand's awesome, but it's not as important for damage as, say, a mirror dagger for a phys DPS build - by a long shot.

"
donong wrote:

Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation :D

Have you tried Fireball, increased attack speed, added fire/chaos damage, increased accuracy, arc as a 6th link instead of chain? You might like them more if the lower single target DPS irks you too much. That would, of course, mean slower pack clear speed.

"
The_x_ile wrote:

plz notice that gloves now can corrupt with lvl 12 cast on crit, this can work for 5l without the chain...

CoC lvl 12 = 72% chance to proc, not that great...
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

Have you tried Fireball, increased attack speed, added fire/chaos damage, increased accuracy, arc as a 6th link instead of chain? You might like them more if the lower single target DPS irks you too much. That would, of course, mean slower pack clear speed.

well on a whole to clear an entire map im sure clearing 20 packs of mobs faster and 1 single mob slower is better than single target fast and slower pack clearing.i think chain is the best

warbands
@donong

I have been thinking about what to do for single target.

Instead of running coc-barrage-summon skeleton- curse as your secondary barrage, why not make your it into a single target coc?

we can switch out summon skeleton + curse for those big bosses, and do EK + added fire/other dmg support gems.

so now we have coc-barrage-ek-added (dmg) (ofc im not sure if this is the optimal set up for single target, there might be a lot of other skills that can add damage more than ek + added fire or cold or lightning or chaos.... etc....

We can then use the main barrage with chain to easily leech life when low and just spam the hell out of our secondary single target barrage. The problem with caster is we don't really have a single target heavy hitter, so we will have to think outside the box and maybe borrow a ranger skill or something. LOL. well this is where it gets interesting and we can make this build even more OP by experimenting which works best.

EDIT: some people have been saying for wands you might want to go coc-barrage-gmp- fireball or artic breath.

haven' tried that yet but apparently it melts bosses extremely fast. you might want to experiment with that and ek + support.

or even if we can use arc + something .... just really time to experiment around .. i wish i had the currency to buy a bunch of lvl 20 gems but oh well :(
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:53:28 PM
I got a major improvment in my single target, when i added "quality additionl accuracy".
Quality gives increased crit, plus with that added accuracy my ek seems to proc more often.
I admit that im in early maps (69-70 actually) but, even with crap gear, i clear maps faster than any of my other char.

I think i will be struck on piety farming & low level maps until i'm able to buy rat's nest &/or maligaro's.
Major problem now are chaos res, and those hard hitting fast movment exiles...

hey guys my wanderer got reset i started from ranger and was thinking of how to put my points again. is this a decent tree like this? used 105 points just as in the guide any tips are welcome :D

or should i start from shadow??

the tree
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgR-BfkILg5IEZYVIBXwFfYWvxmKGY4ajxrbHNwdqiP2JDwk_SaVJ6kppSo4Kk0s6S2DL28yCTWSOlg_J0ZxSVFKfUrITipTNVVLVvpaSFptW69e-mJ5YqxjQ2egbBZsRm1sbXtuqnBScLtw1XJsf8aDCYPbhxmHdofbiPGMNpMnk_yXBpuNm7Wdo52qp1ypbq7Pr-u0DLVItfLAUcSiznHQ7tN-1QDWndkT3Q3hiOOE51Trju2D7g7veu_w8-r22vej-WP7CfxL_Kv8xf5J
Last edited by Km1k3 on Apr 1, 2014, 10:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info