Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
donong wrote:
went with Bars's suggestion got 80/75/70 resists now with 4.1k life after reserving clarity.
30% phys reduction from armor

Spoiler
this is easily the strongest endgame example of this build right now, good work
Last edited by BoswerLK on Mar 29, 2014, 6:15:09 PM
So i just bought a 6L on standard for when ladder ends i can switch into super late game :

so im gonna evolve my build around this item, where I will most likely end up switching out grace and purity of elements for purity of fire and light against bosses and shit....

ofc depending on whether the ar from the chest will be able to mitigate enough :)

also going to upgrade all my jewellery into life + accuracy + resist diamond rings which will help.
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 30, 2014, 12:25:59 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
So i just bought a 6L on standard for when ladder ends i can switch into super late game :

so im gonna evolve my build around this item, where I will most likely end up switching out grace and purity of elements for purity of fire and light against bosses and shit....

ofc depending on whether the ar from the chest will be able to mitigate enough :)

also going to upgrade all my jewellery into life + accuracy + resist diamond rings which will help.

you're not gonna roll 5 off colors...
i've roll 4 green 1 red 1 blue on volls

however if i have spent like 500 chromes and nothing i will prob trade it for a evasion chest
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 30, 2014, 1:42:23 AM
...you guys should donate some of your chroming rng to me =(

I couldn't even roll 3 off on my aurseize this league...
Last edited by BoswerLK on Mar 30, 2014, 1:53:50 AM
"
BoswerLK wrote:
...you guys should donate some of your chroming rng to me =(

I couldn't even roll 3 off on my aurseize this league...

nope, i lost it, spent 500 chromes and didn't even have 4 greens 2 red.

taking your advice, and selling this to buy an evasion chest with similar stats. but u can see where im going with this build (instead of LC ..... i took on your advice ... its too dam hard to cap resist without gg gear)
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 30, 2014, 4:31:41 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
i've roll 4 green 1 red 1 blue on volls

however if i have spent like 500 chromes and nothing i will prob trade it for a evasion chest

Voll's is a str/int hybrid, hybrids roll offcolors a bit easier than pure gear, and 4 offcolors are much easier than 5

rolling 5 offcolors on a pure str chest - good luck with that

p.s. what I said about Grace was because the guy has Lightning Coil, I'm not sure how well that's going to work with any other armor. My guess is, it won't work too well.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 30, 2014, 9:03:40 AM
COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW OF BUILD AT ENDGAME77/78 MAPS CLEARED IN 6 MAN PARTIES

CLEAR SPEED
just like shown in the videos on the first page this build has extremely fast clear speed especially for huge packs.this is due to the chaining effect of EK. even in 6 man parties for the 77/78 maps which i did some packs of mobs can be solo-cleared in about 2 seconds.

SURVIVABILITY
This is the really tricky part of the build.After reserving clarity on my life i have about 4.2k spare life.while this does not seem really sufficient for doing high level maps because of the synergy of large crits+VP this is not really a problem.in fact even in minus max res or ele weakness maps i find that they are relatively alright to handle. the constant mob freezing thanks to hatred helps as well.

THE REAL PROBLEM comes from physical reflect.even with a 6l lightning coil,and even with 80% lightning res.i have a 465% crit multi on my EK which is not exactly very high in the grand scheme of things.however,i still managed to one-shot or nearly one-shot myself on several occasions whenever encountering phys reflect mobs or packs.SOLUTION=AVOID PHYSICAL REFLECT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Following Bars's advice i went ahead to put barrage-COC-summon skele-crit weakness as one of my 4ls.this seems to cast my curse faster and the skeletons are good meatshields.

Another important thing to note would be that because armor has diminishing returns as it goes up,it becomes less worth it to use grace(plus i already have lightning coil for phyiscal mitigation)and hence as per what Bars suggested i switched out purity of elements+grace for purity of lightning and fire.my resists are hence 80/75/80.

Do bring all elemental surgeon flasks wherever you go and also a granite one.they are extremely important.make sure you have one for dispelling freezing and bleeding.with the insane amount of crits the flasks can fill up in less than a second if there are huge packs.this allows almost 100% uptime of whichever flasks you require.

MAP MODS TO AVOID
After doing many different types of map mods at higher levels it is safe to say the undisputed #1 killer mod is physical reflect.minus res is not too bad because of the fast leech and unlimited flasks.

NO REGEN maps can be done.what i do is i switch chain to mana leech.it might be a little slower in clearing but when you're in a high level party you will hardly notice a difference because everything is melting away already.

MY GEAR&defensive stats
Spoiler

Spoiler
note that i have since leveled and i have 4.5k total life now before using clarity if i need to
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
Last edited by donong on Mar 30, 2014, 10:34:26 AM
cwdt - ic to counter phys reflect
"
BoswerLK wrote:
cwdt - ic to counter phys reflect

omg wow this helped wonders.thank you!!
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account: