Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

my current gear with clarity on life i have about 4k life to spare and all capped res except lightning at 72.will get a belt upgrade.havent really tried out higher lvl maps yet.what do you guys suggest i upgrade or switch?im playing from a scion.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYEfgX5DkgRlhUgFfAV9hmKGo8a2yP2JDwk_SaVKaUqOCpNLOktgy9vMZ41kjZ7Olg_J0k7SVFKfUrITeNOKlBCUzVVS1YtVvpaSFpSWm1br13yXvpieWKsY0NnoGwWbWxte26qcFJwu3DVcsOD24cZh3aI8Yw2j_qQCpcGm12btZ2jnaqiLqZXp1yomqluqwusf7SjtUi18sBRwzrEoswGznHQ7tN-1QDWndkT3Q3e5eOE51TsGO4O73rv8PKX9tr3o_lj-wn8S_yr_MX-jw==
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
I would use the maligaro's for barrage-coc-summon skeletons-curse. That would make cursing a bit slower, but you'd get a free on-demand meatshield as a bonus. It would also free up your wand for lightning warp - reduced duration - blood magic (assuming you switch the portal gem to weaponswap).

As for gear, I would really look for some rings / amulet / wands with accuracy. Accuracy is very important for CoC as it's calculated twice for criticals (check out this thread if you're unaware what I'm talking about).

A small example - your actual chance to crit depending on accuracy even with capped crit chance (95%):

a) with 85% chance to hit: 95% * 85% * 85% = 68%

b) with 90% chance to hit: 95% * 90% * 90% = 77%
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 29, 2014, 7:06:55 AM
"
Bars wrote:
I would use the maligaro's for barrage-coc-summon skeletons-curse. That would make cursing a bit slower, but you'd get a free on-demand meatshield as a bonus. It would also free up your wand for storm call - reduced duration - blood magic (assuming you switch the portal gem to weaponswap).

As for gear, I would really look for some rings / amulet / wands with accuracy. Accuracy is very important for CoC as it's calculated twice for criticals (check out this thread if you're unaware what I'm talking about).

A small example - your actual chance to crit depending on accuracy even with capped crit chance (95%):

a) with 85% chance to hit: 95% * 85% * 85% = 68%

b) with 90% chance to hit: 95% * 90% * 90% = 77%

can you explain the coc-summon skeletons-curse thing?not quite sure how it works.will it be important to get 20/20 skeletons?and why would i need storm call for this build?

i would get some accuracy but its hard to find good resist rings with accuracy for a decent price and its pretty tough capping resists already because of lightning coil

warbands
Pfft, storm call, I meant lightning warp for movement.

The barrage-coc-skeletons-curse thing - you don't need 20/20 anything, it would work reasonably with lvl 1 barrage and lvl 15-16 coc/skeletons. Try it out and you can see for yourself if you like it. It's not some kind of game-breaking hack as some people are thinking, but it's pretty good nevertheless. Since you aren't using your 4-link setup for anything anyway, it certainly won't hurt.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 29, 2014, 7:07:45 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Pfft, storm call, I meant lightning warp for movement.

The barrage-coc-skeletons-curse thing - you don't need 20/20 anything, it would work reasonably with lvl 1 barrage and lvl 15-16 coc/skeletons. Try it out and you can see for yourself if you like it. It's not some kind of game-breaking hack as some people are thinking, but it's pretty good nevertheless. Since you aren't using your 4-link setup for anything anyway, it certainly won't hurt.

okay i got it set up will test it out

warbands
Something else I thought about, based on what bowen123 and BoswerLK wrote about high-level maps and Lightning Coil:

a) if the coc skeletons don't work to your satisfaction, you can always use spell totem - blood magic - faster casting - summon skeletons in the 4-link

b) since Coil gives great physical mitigation and in endgame the most dangerous sources of damage are usually lightning and fire, you could try using purity of lightning and purity of fire instead of grace and purity. That will require a bit of re-gearing, but it will ultimately give you 80% lightning and fire resist when the auras are at level 20. Combined with a surgeon's topaz or a surgeon's ruby flask depending on the situation, you will be able to sustain 90% resistance in boss fights. You can always run with 2 health flasks and a granite/jade flask for physical mitigation, and the 5th flask can be a resist one, swapped depending on the situation. It would require more situational thinking, but IMHO it will give you better defense as a whole.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 29, 2014, 9:03:53 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Something else I thought about, based on what bowen123 and BoswerLK wrote about high-level maps and Lightning Coil:

a) if the coc skeletons don't work to your satisfaction, you can always use spell totem - blood magic - faster casting - summon skeletons in the 4-link

b) since Coil gives great physical mitigation and in endgame the most dangerous sources of damage are usually lightning and fire, you could try using purity of lightning and purity of fire instead of grace and purity. That will require a bit of re-gearing, but it will ultimately give you 80% lightning and fire resist when the auras are at level 20. Combined with a surgeon's topaz or a surgeon's ruby flask depending on the situation, you will be able to sustain 90% resistance in boss fights. You can always run with 2 health flasks and a granite/jade flask for physical mitigation, and the 5th flask can be a resist one, swapped depending on the situation. It would require more situational thinking, but IMHO it will give you better defense as a whole.

thats good thinking there yeah it would be a little tedious but i might try it out.

edit:i think i prefer the barrage-coc-skeleton-curse setup its a 2 in 1

warbands
Last edited by donong on Mar 29, 2014, 9:47:38 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
Why not try it, spec twin terrors with a bow, I'm sure you'll have no regrets. :P

ok so i just need to specc out of those 4-5 node to get twin terror and this is it?

Uhm...I guess you could do that? You'd be missing about 20 bow nodes though.
"
feyith wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
Why not try it, spec twin terrors with a bow, I'm sure you'll have no regrets. :P

ok so i just need to specc out of those 4-5 node to get twin terror and this is it?

Uhm...I guess you could do that? You'd be missing about 20 bow nodes though.

I linked him both your and Disable's builds when he asked about Quill Rain CoC, and he said, quote, "I can't see the difference".

So I guess he won't feel that at all.
went with Bars's suggestion got 80/75/70 resists now with 4.1k life after reserving clarity.
30% phys reduction from armor

Spoiler

warbands
Last edited by donong on Mar 29, 2014, 2:03:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info