Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
donong wrote:
COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW OF BUILD AT ENDGAME77/78 MAPS CLEARED IN 6 MAN PARTIES

CLEAR SPEED
just like shown in the videos on the first page this build has extremely fast clear speed especially for huge packs.this is due to the chaining effect of EK. even in 6 man parties for the 77/78 maps which i did some packs of mobs can be solo-cleared in about 2 seconds.

SURVIVABILITY
This is the really tricky part of the build.After reserving clarity on my life i have about 4.2k spare life.while this does not seem really sufficient for doing high level maps because of the synergy of large crits+VP this is not really a problem.in fact even in minus max res or ele weakness maps i find that they are relatively alright to handle. the constant mob freezing thanks to hatred helps as well.

THE REAL PROBLEM comes from physical reflect.even with a 6l lightning coil,and even with 80% lightning res.i have a 465% crit multi on my EK which is not exactly very high in the grand scheme of things.however,i still managed to one-shot or nearly one-shot myself on several occasions whenever encountering phys reflect mobs or packs.SOLUTION=AVOID PHYSICAL REFLECT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Following Bars's advice i went ahead to put barrage-COC-summon skele-crit weakness as one of my 4ls.this seems to cast my curse faster and the skeletons are good meatshields.

Another important thing to note would be that because armor has diminishing returns as it goes up,it becomes less worth it to use grace(plus i already have lightning coil for phyiscal mitigation)and hence as per what Bars suggested i switched out purity of elements+grace for purity of lightning and fire.my resists are hence 80/75/80.

Do bring all elemental surgeon flasks wherever you go and also a granite one.they are extremely important.make sure you have one for dispelling freezing and bleeding.with the insane amount of crits the flasks can fill up in less than a second if there are huge packs.this allows almost 100% uptime of whichever flasks you require.

MAP MODS TO AVOID
After doing many different types of map mods at higher levels it is safe to say the undisputed #1 killer mod is physical reflect.minus res is not too bad because of the fast leech and unlimited flasks.

NO REGEN maps can be done.what i do is i switch chain to mana leech.it might be a little slower in clearing but when you're in a high level party you will hardly notice a difference because everything is melting away already.

MY GEAR&defensive stats
Spoiler

Spoiler
note that i have since leveled and i have 4.5k total life now before using clarity if i need to
Nice review on late game! Would you think that it is better to use a nice high armour 6L or lightning coil. a lot of people say:1. its hard to cap resist without investing into res nodes (is that your case?)2. you get shocked upon massive damagehow do you like using it LC and how much has it improved your survivability?
"
bowen123 wrote:

Nice review on late game! Would you think that it is better to use a nice high armour 6L or lightning coil. a lot of people say:

1. its hard to cap resist without investing into res nodes (is that your case?)

2. you get shocked upon massive damage

how do you like using it LC and how much has it improved your survivability?

hey im glad you asked.to counter point 1 i would just like to say that i have in fact not taken a single res node.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYEfgX5DkgRlhUgFfAV9hmKGo8a2yP2JDwk_SaVKaUqOCpNLOktgy9vMZ41kjZ7Olg6sz8nSTtJUUp9SshN404qUEJTNVVLVi1W-lpIWlJabVuvXfJe-mJ5YqxjQ2egbBZtbG17bqpwUnC7cNVyw4PbhxmHdojxjDaP-pAKlwabXZu1naOdqqIuplenXKiaqW6rC6x_tKO1SLXywFHDOsSizAbOcdDu037VANad2RPdDd7l44TnVOwY7g7veu_w8pf22vej-WP7CfxL_Kv8xf6P

check out my build here.
it is certainly no easy task trying to cap resists but i should say that it does not cost an astronomical amount as well.rings are your best bet to stack resists so you should get the ones like i linked.belts and boots are good secondary sources of resists as well.a decent piece of each would cost you about 2-3exalts each at most.my 2 rings+belt+boots costs less than 10ex in total.

for point 2 i would say that i have not specifically encountered any points at which monsters deal a stunning amount of physical damage onto me.furthermore you can always pop a lightning and/or granite flask since they're mostly unlimited.

i do think LC helps quite a lot and with IR its about 1400 base armor.even if i got a high end rare piece with 2k+ armor,there are great diminishing returns on phys dmg reduction at higher numbers so lightning coil does a better job at this.furthermore,i have not tried any other chest besides LC for this build so i cant really comment otherwise.

hope i answered your queries feel free to ask me anything else!
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
very nice build, glad you find that with lightning coil survivability increased dramatically .... i've decided to run something a bit different.

i've taken a look at your previous gears and stuff, and you only need like 150 lightning resist to cap it in total?

also you only have like 32 fire resist on your gear, how did you cap that?

i have like around 100 + to each resist and i still need purity =S

edit: for every 1000 armour you get an additional 10% physical reduction. maximum is around 60% to be effective. I still 1 hit ko @ 60% reduction in colonade kole map on my melee duelist.

have you ever tried the surivability test where u go into 71 colonade map and try and tank 1 of kole's hits.

honestly if that works im totally switching over to lightning coil LMFAO.
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 30, 2014, 1:22:59 PM
"
bowen123 wrote:
very nice build, glad you find that with lightning coil survivability increased dramatically .... i've decided to run something a bit different.

i've taken a look at your previous gears and stuff, and you only need like 150 lightning resist to cap it in total?

instead of grace and purity of elements i use purity of fire and purity of lightning instead.with the aura buffs from tree i manage to overcap my resists.80/75/80 now

warbands
"
donong wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

instead of grace and purity of elements i use purity of fire and purity of lightning instead.with the aura buffs from tree i manage to overcap my resists.80/75/80 now

how much resistence does purity of fire and lightning give you?

read my above post i edit'ed above testing physical survivability
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
donong wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

lv20 purity of light/fire gives me +52 to each resist after buff from tree.i have not tested such a case might do so after i level.but anyway i have immortal call+granite flask and coil so physical reduction is quite strong

warbands
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
donong wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

colbycheeze took a map kole smash to the face with no enfeeble in a vuln map on stream as part of a 1ex bet with his 0 armor pure evade racer. so yeah, lit coil on any build with decent hp will pass that test for sure

http://www.twitch.tv/colbycheeze/c/3500065

it's just a test that's not really useful outside of taking bets for what you can facetank...since everything that's capable of doing that much phys damage are ohko mechanics that are designed to be manually dodged anyways (vaal smash, touch of god)
oh wow i did not know it capped that well! Might consider a 6L lightning coil instead.

for single target bosses do you also use chain + ek?

i think if possible we should switch out a curse with EK for high single target dps + summon skeleton ... if still not enough switch out summon skeleton for something like added fire or lightning with ek.

however, thats if you think u can handle bosses without skeletons haha :)
Hello everyone!
I've been following this build for quite some time now and have only one question that is bothering me...
What kind of wands are best to use with this build?
My current wands are the following:

From what I've read, physical damage increase wands don't do anything for this build because it is local damage increase, but i've also seen people use "crit chance for SPELLS" wands. Should I continue to use my wands or should I change them with some wands that have mainly or only big "spell damage" + "pure crit chance"? I haven't figured out this mechanic for this build.
Does crit for spell affect anything?
"
bowen123 wrote:
oh wow i did not know it capped that well! Might consider a 6L lightning coil instead.

for single target bosses do you also use chain + ek?

i think if possible we should switch out a curse with EK for high single target dps + summon skeleton ... if still not enough switch out summon skeleton for something like added fire or lightning with ek.

however, thats if you think u can handle bosses without skeletons haha :)

i dont swtich out my gems too lazy lol.the summon skeletons can be quite useful so i dont switch it

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info