Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bizze79 wrote:

A question I could ask myself, though, is what I would do if I get a 5- or 6-Link?
Would I then add in PCoC and Chain, and continue with my skellies as a backup meat wall?
Or would I add PCoC and Skellies and then do something else with my now free-to-use 4-link?

Anybody else have any experiences and thoughts about this? Does anybody else play with 2 Barrage like me?

What I did when I was running with a normal 5-link was barrage-coc-EK-Leech-PCoC and secondary attack with barrage-coc-EK-Summon Skeletons. That way, you don't lose dps when summoning the skeletons and you still keep your power charges up at all times. The only downside is having to be really careful about not shooting with the secondary attack in reflect mobs, cause it has no LL and that can hurt. Then I upgraded my boots to armor/ES based and decided rolling GGGB on them would be next to impossible, so I switched to barrage-coc-skeletons-curse. That setup is better for defense, but you lose DPS.

You can also keep your supporting attack as is and add:
- increased attack speed (more overall DPS)
- fireball (more single target DPS)
- arc (shocks + a bit more dps)
- chain (great AOE, lower single-target, as I've repeatedly said - I don't like it, but you're free to try for yourself)
- added chaos damage (more EK damage, no reflect issues)
- increased crit damage (more spike damage, bigger reflect issues)
- inreased accuracy (that's actually a great option if you don't have much accuracy on gear, also it doesn't increase mana cost)

p.s. you can buy a white 5-link for 2-3 chaos and craft it with alterations to get +life and +resist mods, just make sure it's an evasion-based armor or rolling all the green slots will be tough.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 18, 2014, 7:46:28 AM
"
Bars wrote:

p.s. you can buy a white 5-link for 2-3 chaos and craft it with alterations to get +life and +resist mods, just make sure it's an evasion-based armor or rolling all the green slots will be tough.

Yeah, tell me about it. I bought a 4-link Voll's to act as a psuedo-5-link, but coloring it RGGG ate up all my chromatics to no avail. =(

Buying a 5L EVA chest in Ambush league seems to cost around 10 chaos currently. While I could spend that, I'm torn between the possibility of buying a better yellow one in a while instead, since I seem to do fine with current gear anyways.

I'm also torn between crafting my self-found things.

This is what I'm currently wearing:

This is what I WAS wearing until my greed took over and I tried to go for 6 sockets in order to 5-link or 6-link it:

I think it could be worth a couple of ex if I manage 5 links. I just don't know how much currency will go into that black hole of RNG.

Finally I have a 6-socketed normal chest that I'm offhandedly trying to link at times when I'm feeling really lucky... It's cheaper to get to 20% quality when using normal gear.

But I dunno... guess I'll have to buy something in the end. I've been playing this game for over a year and I have so far not used a single 6-linked item. I once bought a Tabula Rasa and immediately vendored it for the Divine achievement, but other than that, 6-links have eluded me completely.
Now that you mentioned it, I should have definitely said "rolling GGGR on a 4-link Voll's is a BITCH". I completely overlooked that part when I was speaking about a 4-link Voll's as a cheap alternative to a 5-link.

Yeah, link/socket management in that game is frustrating.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
does anyone know of a quest for shadow that gives CoC skill gem for certain? I tried buying it on the trade channels but people keep jacking the price up :(
"
bluengold777 wrote:
does anyone know of a quest for shadow that gives CoC skill gem for certain? I tried buying it on the trade channels but people keep jacking the price up :(

Never use in game chat("The Matrix") for trading :P.
You wanna buy/sell something, use "poe.xyz.is" site. You can buy most gems for like 1 alchemy/1 chaos.

The only quest that gives CoC gem is "A fixture of fate" in Mercilles(findinf 4 pages in Library>Archives for Siosa. You can go to PoE Wiki and look for a gem you are interested in, then scroll down and there is always info about which quests gives each gem for all classes.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike
Last edited by nefczi on Mar 18, 2014, 10:58:02 AM
"
bluengold777 wrote:

A fixture of fate (Act 3 Merciless, Library Quest). Yes, that's too late.

Basically, what nefczi said: don't use trade chat, it's a cancer. Look in poe.xyz.is
"
bluengold777 wrote:

"A Fixture of Fate" in Act 3 Merciless rewards any class with CoC. However, it may be smarter to choose one of the more expensive gems in that quest, such as Multistrike, Cast when Damage Taken or Greater Multiple Projectiles.
is this build possible with MF gear ? I mean at least 150 rarity
So after loooking over a bunch of posts about gear / survivability / and dps for end game.... There are just too many different possible variants to have a definitive answer.

And talking about the eb/aa/mom variant, how would the build change from that and which gears would suit this hybrid? anyone have insight on this variant?

So right now its down between 6L volls, 6L lightning coil, and just a normal high ar/ev 6L with life and resistences for this build.... would we have enough survivability with volls, or not enough where we need to use LC. Or would we have best of both worlds with a good 6Liner?

Sorry if you guys have to repeat yourselves over the same question, i just havent got enough clarification as everyone is saying different things.
Everyone is sharing their experience. I'm speaking about Voll's because I used it and I liked it a lot, someone else likes Lightning Coil, fair enough. A good rare chest could have great life/resist/armor/evasion rolls.

To answer, yet again, your question about survivability with Voll's: if you have it at least as a 5-link, you can use Cold Snap, you will freeze almost everything, your damage intake will decrease drastically. If you have a 6-link Voll's and add summon skeletons, it will become almost broken - you'll very, very rarely get hit. I'd call that good survivability. Even bosses you can't permafreeze will be chilled, combine that with enfeeble or temporal chains and a bunch of skeletons in his face and only some heavy casters can pose any threat because they'll AOE the skellies fast and be able to switch targets to you more often.

It comes at the price of next to no stats on the chest and halved mana.

This isn't chess, there are no definitive answers. RPGs are a balancing act. You pick something you want, you make a compromise with something else.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 18, 2014, 1:16:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info