Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

You don't really need it until you transition to CoC, and transitioning to CoC is not very effective until you have some life nodes. I'd go for this first, and then get Iron Reflexes to make use of Grace, and get Twin Terrors after that. I realize it pushes your build into late Merciless, but you'll feel too glassy without the defensive nodes first. I guess you're somewhere in Act 2 or beginning of A3 Cruel, and A3 Cruel is where things start hitting hard and you'll feel a strong urge for more life nodes.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2014, 9:09:25 AM
got a 5l lighting coil. which gem should i drop (using tabula rasa atm)? chain?
I feel theres still parts of this build that are not updated, like what end game gear / set up should be.

Sighhh was really loooking forward to starting a barrager.

Anyone know a barrage coc guide similar to this but with more progress and development for endgame?
"
bowen123 wrote:
I feel theres still parts of this build that are not updated, like what end game gear / set up should be.

Anyone know a barrage coc guide similar to this but with more progress and development for endgame?

My gear looks like this and I do extremely well in endgame maps. Can solo all maps with ease including unique temple map. (Didn't try 75+ maps but I'm sure I can do those too)

When I get better rings and replace my boots I will replace purity with haste. It will also make some difference when I get my EK to 20.

Apart from that, I don't think we can improve our gear much more than this. You can try perfecting rat and maligaro.

I guess this builds just stucks in lategame. You can't get a 500 pdps gear and mirror them like other builds. It is really hard to progress after you're done with your gear.
IGN: Aristona
Last edited by aristona37 on Mar 17, 2014, 11:47:27 AM
"
aristona37 wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

My gear looks like this and I do extremely well in endgame maps. Can solo all maps with ease including unique temple map. (Didn't try 75+ maps but I'm sure I can do those too)

When I get better rings and replace my boots I will replace purity with haste. It will also make some difference when I get my EK to 20.

Apart from that, I don't think we can improve our gear much more than this. You can try perfecting rat and maligaro.

I guess this builds just stucks in lategame. You can't get a 500 pdps gear and mirror them like other builds. It is really hard to progress after you're done with your gear.

That is great. How come you don't use voll or lightning coil? And that is what i mean, switching out those chests for a 6line rare with high def and resistences... which you have done.

Do you play with full party or just solo?

well i mean if your gear allows you to perform well end game, then being stuck with it might actually be a good thing as we won't need any 200exalts worth items to make this useful.

"
bowen123 wrote:
"
aristona37 wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

That is great. How come you don't use voll or lightning coil? And that is what i mean, switching out those chests for a 6line rare with high def and resistences... which you have done.

well i mean if your gear allows you to perform well end game, then being stuck with it might actually be a good thing as we won't need any 200exalts worth items to make this useful.

Build is made to be viable with cheap gear
IGN:Flickfrap
"
aristona37 wrote:

It's not "stuck", it's completed. As I said, the whole concept is to deal good damage without relying on your weapon's DPS. Naturally, this leads to the downside of not being able to compete with the DPS of the guys with the high-end weapons. Since the first Ambush Atziri kill was done by a guy with 9000 DPS, I think that not having 50K DPS or more is not the end of the world.

Still, if you want a lategame powerhouse, this is not the build for you. I'd call this one the poor man's damage dealer.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2014, 1:19:19 PM
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
aristona37 wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

No special reasons. I bought this 6L chest at 5exalted, and chaos/exalted it. I didn't try voll or coil. It doesn't feel like I need damage reduction anyway, but they can be better.

I solo everything.

Yes. Probably all my gear costed me around 15ex (Chest is 10ex alone) and I do extremely well. The only problem is, I got like 20ex by doing endgame maps but there is literally nothing I can buy.

As others said, you can't get stronger by spending 200 exalt on your weapons with this build.
IGN: Aristona
Think of all those exalts as a second character in the making :)
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
1. Lightning Coil: great physical reduction; gives more life; maxing lightning res is a bitch

2. Voll's: can be treated as having an additional link cause you don't need power charge generation; you can use Cold Snap and permafreeze anything but some bosses. Personally, I like it a lot. Using it with cold snap means you won't get hit much, so that's actually a huge survivability boost. The few bosses that can't be permafrozen can be cheesed with skeleton totem or (better yet) with barrage-coc-summon skeletons-enfeeble/blind.

Can't say anything about party play.

Leveling: look at the leveling section here.

You could also level with spectral throw, I never liked and used that skill, but I guess it would work well.

So for late game, would you recommend using voll's or lightning coil?

And i mean for in terms of late game where i will be with a full party doing high maps.

Have you experimented with both?

lightning coil is ok in theory. but considering most people running this build already need purity to cap res...and that you'd want to run purity of lightning for lightning coil, it's probably too much of an investment

if you're gonna do an expensive survivable version, you're better off with an EB/AA/MoM setup, imo

"
FAMO wrote:
Would Point Blank be viable with this build? It's only 2 skill points away.

And would it be viable to use a bow instead of 2x wands?

point blank doesn't work on spells

"
bowen123 wrote:

my variant's spent 6 chaos and does ~30k dps in a 5l, and still has room to improve. I think it's fine for endgame leagues, just stack more multi and spell damage as your defense allows. damage was still solid in 6 man 75s

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgHRBH4F-QguDkgRlhXwFfYWvxfYGYoZjhqPHNwelCP2JDwknST9JpUnqSmlKgstgy9vOlhJO0lRSn1OKlM1U7hVS1b6WkhabVuvXfJe-mHiYlpieWKsY0NnoGo_bWxte3BScLtw1X_GhVWHGYd2h9uJ04w2j_qTJ5P8lwabjZu1naOdqqEiokCio6dcrD-uz6_rtUi748BRxKLQOdDu037VANad2RPcV90N44TnVOuO7YPuDu967_Dz6vT49tr3o_sJ_Kv8xf66

endgame standard is obviously something entirely different. anything that isn't 6 digit dps is pretty much complete trash...and is impossible to achieve without legacy + mirrored crafted gear that people spent years making

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info