Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Gonna start this build :) Couple Q's:

-What clarity level is needed to maintain mana without any dips? Also, how much mana should I have to run Grace+Hatred+purity?
-How's the build without Maligaro's since I honestly don't think they're worth it
-Is a 5-link doable? Dropping either Life leech or Pcoc until a 6-link is obtained?
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
current playing on invasion, lv49

this gear sucks, only 1k hp at lv 49, but the dps it's amazing, capped the resists with purity.
spell totem + skeletons it's op.
firetrap and vaal powershipon are helping alot on singletarget bosses, maybe i ill keep this skills like this and do not pickup grace
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
Fangs wrote:

-What clarity level is needed to maintain mana without any dips? Also, how much mana should I have to run Grace+Hatred+purity?

About clarity: depends on your other sources of mana regen, mana pool and on your attack speed and the supporting gems you're using. You can always get a level 1 clarity and level it until you feel it sustains barrage, it happens in no time at all.

About the mana: Well, again, this depends more on your reduced mana gem and the reduced reservation nodes you've taken. If your clarity is of a sufficient level (I think something like lvl 10 worked for me, but - again - that varies depending on other passives / gear / attack speed), if you have just enough mana to cast one barrage, you're good to go.

"
Fangs wrote:

-How's the build without Maligaro's since I honestly don't think they're worth it

Well, this question has a pretty obvious answer and I think you can guess for yourself.

"
Fangs wrote:

-Is a 5-link doable? Dropping either Life leech or Pcoc until a 6-link is obtained?

It works just fine. barrage-coc-EK-life leech-PCoC, supporting attack with barrage-CoC-summon skeletons-curse, and you should be able to cruise through low and mid-level maps.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Mawwk wrote:

this gear sucks, only 1k hp at lv 49, but the dps it's amazing, capped the resists with purity.
firetrap and vaal powershipon are helping alot on singletarget bosses, maybe i ill keep this skills like this and do not pickup grace

Have few questions.
At what level did you start using Barrage setup? How much crit chance do you have currently?
And could you explain how vaal powersiphon is helping with single bosses? I thought its an AOE skill?
Short update on my Invasion progress.

Currently lvl 53, still using ST but would like to switch over to barrage/ek in 7 levels or so.

My current passive looks like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5IEZYVIBXwGYoa2x4aI_YkPCaVKaUqTSpbLOktgzZ7Olg_J0k7SVFKfUrITipQQlM1VUtW-lptW69e-mKsZ6BtbG17hxmHdow2j_qXBpu1naOdqqIup1y0o7VIxKLSGdad1tHdDedU7BjuDvlj_Kv8xf-T

And I need some advice where to go next if I would like to drop ST in 7 levels or so.

- Should I go Vaal pact?
- Crit nodes?
- Aura reduction?
- More life nodes?

I don't want to sound harsh, but if you're playing in Invasion, you're really supposed to know what you're doing and to judge for yourself... Not to mention that the only Invasion build I've played is a full tank (leveling my second one currently) and I couldn't tell you what to do even if I wanted to.

p.s. just a little example - I planned my build for levels 38, 56, 68, 80 and 90 and knew what gems I'd get as quest rewards and what items I'll be looking to buy before I even started. Didn't prevent me from getting 1-shot in Cruel, but still - you are supposed to know what you're going to do beforehand
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 16, 2014, 8:44:51 AM
I didnt put any thought into it at all.
Just create a character, find a build that looks fun, get feedback/advice from people that know the game and build better than I do. Adapt.

Usually a better way to go than try to plan everything in advance. Especially if you have been away from the game as long as I have.

Thanks though, for the valueable feedback so far!

4 aura
low as fuck life
I 1shot mobs, but I also get 1 shot.
Can tank physical reflect if immortal call is on, otherwise maybe 3/4 EK casts and im dead (no vp)

Always run with 10aura support!

"
nefczi wrote:
"
Mawwk wrote:

Have few questions.
At what level did you start using Barrage setup? How much crit chance do you have currently?
And could you explain how vaal powersiphon is helping with single bosses? I thought its an AOE skill?

i started the use of barrage at lv 31 just for test, but it's so funny, my crit chance 35%main hand and 38% off hand.

the power shipon its helping because the high crit chance and also includes the culling strike
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
I wouldn't really recommend going for CoC with less than 60% crit chance (with or without power charges), it's just unreliable and ineffective. Not to mention that the EK and CoC gems themselves need to be at a decent level to start working well.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 16, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info