Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

so I'm guessing i should look for intelligence as the secondary mod for this build? I assume intelligence increases barrage's damage hence all the nodes. Also would + to physical damage be useless for this build?

Also how do i run clarity off my life again? I took a long break and came back.. do i just link a clarity with blood magic? Also is 5L and up a requirement for this build?
Last edited by bluengold777 on Mar 16, 2014, 3:45:07 PM
"
bluengold777 wrote:
so I'm guessing i should look for intelligence as the secondary mod for this build? I assume intelligence increases barrage's damage hence all the nodes. Also would + to physical damage be useless for this build?

Also how do i run clarity off my life again? I took a long break and came back.. do i just link a clarity with blood magic? Also is 5L and up a requirement for this build?

Intelligence doesn't do anything for Barrage. All the intelligence is just because it's on the way to get good passive nodes and you need intelligence to equip decent wands.

Any "adds x physical/elemental damage" mods on items are useless. They work only for attacks, so they will apply to Barrage, but it doesn't really deal damage in this build, it's just used to activate spells with cast on critical. Mods that increase your damage are +crit chance, +crit multi, +accuracy, +attack speed and +spell damage.

Passive nodes that increase EK's damage are "increased physical damage" (like Path of the Warrior), "increased projectile damage" and "increased spell damage". The +18% physical damage quest reward from bandits in Cruel also works. "Melee physical damage" nodes like Weapon Artistry don't work.

About Clarity: link Clarity + Blood Magic + Reduced Mana

A 5L is strongly recommended. A 4-linked Voll's Protector can be considered as a 5-link. You can make do with just a random 4-link, but that's the bare minimum and won't be very effective.

To clarify about Ethereal Knives and what increases its damage: it's a physical projectile spell (these are the 3 keywords)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 16, 2014, 4:30:00 PM
"
Shewieh wrote:
I didnt put any thought into it at all.
Just create a character, find a build that looks fun, get feedback/advice from people that know the game and build better than I do. Adapt.

Usually a better way to go than try to plan everything in advance. Especially if you have been away from the game as long as I have.

Thanks though, for the valueable feedback so far!

that's fine for sc, but the thing about hc gameplay is this: you don't get a second chance if you mess up or overlook something. so if your build can die, it means it will

you don't have to plan a whole build in advance, but you should at least know what you're up against and build around it. for example, in the last league, you need to know beforehand to make space for a ranged attack to deal with volatile/fractured, and to have a low hit count or an offensive trap/totem setup for corrupted blood, and at least 77 lit res and a huge hp pool to deal with a poorly rolled storm herald (turbo + extra damage/crit can triple shock stack you very quickly otherwise)

I honestly can't tell you much about how to approach invasion though. extreme ele damage from offscreen vaal metalsmith...flicker echoing chaos damage weaver...desync master chaos cyclone.....that asshole archer with puncture and a roa that creates shocked ground.........doesn't really seem like there's any way to deal with all of it consistently besides alt f4 core
I am thinking of starting this on ambush or even standard.

Need a few things clarified.

1. Would voll`s armour work better or lightning coil .... the gear is nice on the main build, but i see a lot of coc use voll`

2. How does this build perform in party play .... especially with a lot of desyncs and lagging. I currently play a blender cyclone, and desync a lot, but with enough survivability it doesn`t really matter. Wondering if this build would be able to hit 4-5k hp by 85 ???

Also, soloing level 72 maps seems fairly easy, but what about a full party of 6. Would this build be able to clear maps relatively fast still? Would definately like to know some input on people's experience with party play on this build :P

3. Levelling walkthrough ?

1. Lightning Coil: great physical reduction; gives more life; maxing lightning res is a bitch

2. Voll's: can be treated as having an additional link cause you don't need power charge generation; you can use Cold Snap and permafreeze anything but some bosses. Personally, I like it a lot. Using it with cold snap means you won't get hit much, so that's actually a huge survivability boost. The few bosses that can't be permafrozen can be cheesed with skeleton totem or (better yet) with barrage-coc-summon skeletons-enfeeble/blind.

Can't say anything about party play.

Leveling: look at the leveling section here.

You could also level with spectral throw, I never liked and used that skill, but I guess it would work well.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
1. Lightning Coil: great physical reduction; gives more life; maxing lightning res is a bitch

2. Voll's: can be treated as having an additional link cause you don't need power charge generation; you can use Cold Snap and permafreeze anything but some bosses. Personally, I like it a lot. Using it with cold snap means you won't get hit much, so that's actually a huge survivability boost. The few bosses that can't be permafrozen can be cheesed with skeleton totem or (better yet) with barrage-coc-summon skeletons-enfeeble/blind.

Can't say anything about party play.

Leveling: look at the leveling section here.

You could also level with spectral throw, I never liked and used that skill, but I guess it would work well.

So for late game, would you recommend using voll's or lightning coil?

And i mean for in terms of late game where i will be with a full party doing high maps.

Have you experimented with both?
"
bowen123 wrote:

So for late game, would you recommend using voll's or lightning coil?

And i mean for in terms of late game where i will be with a full party doing high maps.

Have you experimented with both?

No, I haven't experimented with both. Never had a Lightning Coil. And I have zero experience in lategame party mapping. Can't give you more precise information, sorry :) Part of the reason I haven't experimented with Coil is that I never even thought about swapping it with Voll's, but that's my personal preference. Juggla's Frozen Dagger guide is built around Voll's protector and you can find more detailed information about using it in higher-level maps and permafreezing there.

p.s. there's one thing I'm positive about: you will be very much appreciated in a party with Voll's because you'll permafreeze almost everything with Cold Snap.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2014, 5:48:03 AM
Would Point Blank be viable with this build? It's only 2 skill points away.

And would it be viable to use a bow instead of 2x wands?
"
FAMO wrote:
Would Point Blank be viable with this build? It's only 2 skill points away.

Probably. I wouldn't like having to shotgun everything with a distinctly glassy character, though.

"
FAMO wrote:

And would it be viable to use a bow instead of 2x wands?

Bow = lost Twin Terrors node = -125% crit chance. Can be compensated with the specialized Bow Crit nodes (120% crit chance), but they are a bit far. You'd need to rework the passive tree quite a bit.

Due to the position of bow nodes, most bow builds are evasion-based, because Acrobatics and Ondar's are nearby. You can have a look at this guy's passive tree, which makes sense, with the caveat that I have an intense dislike for his gear choice (he based his build on Quill Rain, witch is IMO extremely ineffective when there are Harbinger bows and when the new Windripper is just tailor-made for CoC): coc bow build

Another bow CoC thread: Party Support bow CoC

It also comes with a disclaimer, it's meant entirely for party play and it's very glassy as a result. You'll have a tough time soloing with it.

Still, you can look at their passive trees to get some ideas.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2014, 8:34:01 AM

hey bars. thank you for your support. one question: How important is the dual wield passive section with the twin terrors node? Seems to me like this is the most important path to go for as soon as possible. I am currently at lvl 44 and planning to go straight for the twin terrors node. 12 lvl to go for it.

My current passive tree:
Last edited by dan166 on Mar 17, 2014, 9:58:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info